Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All around Best "redskin" player

Jofizz

Who do you guys think is the best all around redskin on the team..(skills and leadership) I would have to say clinton portis because he is not just a top notch running back, he is also a team leader. Just the way he goes out and dresses up in all of those funny outfits just to loosen up the team before the upcoming game is excellent. What do you guys think?

:logo: httr

i will agree with you there..m-dub is a great leader on the d-unit..not to mention a pro-bowl caliber linebacker..i think taylor has the most talent, but he's not much of a leader. I would say Arrington, but we all know what's happened with him..such a shame

:eaglesuck

Right now, i will go with Marcus Washington as well. Great skills, leadership, and h just looks to be having a great time out there!!

he definitely has a good time out there..he sure loves to dance..did you see that interception off of bledsoe, he was laughing the whole time he ran it back

:logo:

Although i dont the he is best all around, Randy Thomas definitely is up there. He shows his emotions on the field. One of the best Tackles in the NFL imo, and he has a great attitude. You saw him at the Dallas game. He knew he was hurt, but he just had to take the appretiation and the situation and make it positive.

Also on CSN he rates his weekly restaraunts. Very nice

This is a very tough question and that may because Joe Gibbs is building this team around leaders.

1. Clinton Portis--Does everything that needs to be done. Great runner, better blocker, good receiver, upbeat leadership. There are two ways players can go when they get paid and he clearly decided to earn it. The joy on his face as the first Dallas victory ended was all I needed to know about him. You could tell he really was overjoyed for Joe Gibbs.

2. Marcus Washington--Is always ready to play. The vocal leader of the D. He clearly enjoys what he is doing.

3. Cornelius Griffin--Not as vocal but he and Sean Taylor may be the keys to this D. You could really see the difference when they are not in there.

4. Sean Taylor--Puts the fear of God in the other team. Has replaced Levar as the most physically gifted palyer on the roster. Ask Gregg Williams whether this guy is a leader or not.

5. Jon Jansen--Just think back to last year to see how much this guy was missed on the field and the locker room. Has had a great, great year playing with no thumbs.

6. Santana Moss--The only receiver the other team has to worry about more than 10 yards downfield and he still gets open. Think about it. We run a ton of max-protect meaning we have about 3 guys in patterns getting covered by 7 guys and he is about to break the Redskins season record for yards.

I'd say Portis or Washington.... Marcus Washington gets the team pumped up on and off the field and Portis keeps things comical....not to mention they're both workhorses on the field.

I agree with you 100%. I sat 20yds behind the bench in Denver and when the O was on the field Washington never stopped talking up his defense, he was so amped.

Watching the way Portis blocked and ran the ball was nothing short of amazing. That guy played his guts out and left everything he had on the field.

Both of these guys are top notch professionals and pillars of this team. Now it's time for the rest of the league and the world to see what all of us fans have been bragging about. Here's to gutting the Eagles.

I like Jon Jansen as our best guy out-there. The man showed what heart is when he played with 2 broken thumbs. He isn't as vocal, but he leads by example. Also if MB can't go and Ramsey is in there, I like his relationship with Ramsey to help the kid feel comfortable.

Our best all-around player (many of you will call me stupid for this)...

Rock Cartwright. He is undoubtably our best special teamer. He gives everything he has everytime he goes out there. He also has been with the team longer than most of the guys we put out there. He has also proven to be a very capable back when called on. I just respect the guy because he was 244 lbs before gibbs said he had no need for a FB so he dropped 20 some odd lbs in the off-season just for a chance to stay here. He isn't the most talented, but he may be the hardest working.

Although i dont the he is best all around, Randy Thomas definitely is up there. He shows his emotions on the field. One of the best Tackles in the NFL imo, and he has a great attitude. You saw him at the Dallas game. He knew he was hurt, but he just had to take the appretiation and the situation and make it positive.

Also on CSN he rates his weekly restaraunts. Very nice

I agree with everything you say about him, except he is a guard.

Lavar Arrington

Agreed. Here's why:

- Same jersey number as #56 LT who was the best wekside backer in the history of the NFL

- That amazing 4 sack performance against Dallas

- He's an every down backer equally solid against the run and pass

- He rarely misses a game due to injury

- He's a great locker room guy

- His unslefish approach to the game inspires those around him and helps eliminate distractions

Archived