Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arrington Please Stay

SkinsWizCubsDukes

I have been a die hard skins fan for as long as I have been alive, and as far as I remember the last time the coaching staff wanted to push out a long time veteran that poured his all into this franchise...we ran the coaching staff out of town. Now I already do not like Joe Gibbs, but what is he doing letting his linebacker coach get all up in the face of LaVar, the leading tackler after a darn VICTORY over the Giants, one week before playoff implications. LaVar has come around this year and last week looked great. People make mistakes, I didn't see Sean Taylor get chewed out for overpersuing in a loss against KC, Denver, Oakland, or San Diego. I didn't see Rock get chewed out when he fumbled to lose the game in Denver, and I didn't see Portis get chewed out in the Oakland game for two costly fumbles. So why chew out LaVar in a victory where he did pretty darn good? I do not understand it. Inconsistent is what Joe Gibbs is. His organization has favorties, and just look at the two seasons, virtually the same team and could be the opposite record. Oh and don't forget that we lost to all AFC West teams all by less than a TD. WHY? Inconsistent game plan. Stick to your guns, don't let a washed up Brunell going on a final run take the load, give it to Portis. And don't run out the BEST player on the defense all because he has GREAT instincts and doesn't fit the sceme. The coaches don't understand that Williams scemes will work, but if someone messes up, I see LaVar picking up their slack, which is why he was out of position.

What a quack. Lavar isnt even the fourth best defensive player on our team. Taylor, Washington, Springs,and Griffin are all far more important than him. I like the guy but never would I side with a whiner who goes to the media before a game like this and cries like a baby. Not only did he cry about the Redskins, he cried about MCI security not letting him in the locker room to get autographs.

By all accounts LB coach Lindsay chews out EVERYBODY when they're out of position. The coaches actually do not appear to play favorites. You play the way you're supposed to and you're in. Don't and you're out. It's the same for everyone. Lavar is a great personality and a fine person - BUT every coach and player who knows him and has been willing to be honest says he does not play in a disciplined fashion. Trotter who playe with him for two years and apparently LOVES him said he's incredibly talented but doesn't play the scheme.

GW and Joe Gibbs are about TEAM and players doing what they're supposed to. Don't fill someone else gap fill YOURS. The Skins have shown they can play great defense without Lavar and they can play great sometimes with him. The coaches I think would rather not give up big plays even if that means that you miss out on some tackles in the backfield. Their problem is that they just don't really trust Lavar to be where he's supposed to be on EVERY play. He's incredibly talented but he doesn't necessarily trust his team mates and tries to make the big play every play even if that means he'll be out of position sometimes. That's not what the coaches want - sorry.

As far as running him off the team. I think the cap will do that not the coaches. I think they don't see the value in the huge pay for the relatively small production.

Man these LaVar trolls are getting tiresome.

Look..Lavar is damaged goods. His glory days are over. The sooner he faces that fact, the sooner we all can move on to more productive things. There is nothing more sad than someone who is over the hill, trying to re-assert former wins. Brett Farve is a prime example. No one wants that for Lavar....Please, quit blaming others for your condition, amd take an honest look at your production over the last 2 years. Yes, LA was the face of the franchise, when it was losing. If that is how he wants to be remembered, then so be it.

You're correct!

I've been thinking that we should run Gibbs out of town for letting that linebackers coach yell at poor Lavar! Lavar is the QB Killa!!! Look at all of the sacks he's had this season.

Also, great point about Lavar picking up williams' slack. I don't know what williams would do without the QB killa!

I think the two sides will work it out so that Lavar will stay with us next season. First of all Lavar Arrington is better than just a good player, he is a GREAT player. Second of all if the two sides do work out their differences and Greg Williams stays around Lavar will be in the Pro Bowl because he will be healthy the whole off-season and will be able to learn the schemes and become used a lot more often. The main reason why this team which is basically the same as last seasons (except for moss) is the offseason workouts that Gibbs held. I hope this works out.

I'm one of Lavar's biggest supporters on this board, and I'll never forgive the organization for what they have done to him, but I'm ready to let him go. At this point we should forget about it all until the end of the season, and soon enough, barring some sort of miracle, he will be gone. In the end, I'm a Redskins fan and theres nothing I can do about it.

I'm not so sure he'll be gone. I know that "the Dan" likes to say "cash creates cap," but his hit is pretty big--a really hard pill to swallow when that money is just sitting there. It'll take a lot of other guys doing some renegotiating to make it all fit.

However...we saw the team take the cap hit on Coles... so it's not unheard of....

Now, does anyone know if the Coles money counted against THIS YEAR'S cap, or next? THAT could determine Lavar's fate...

What a quack. Lavar isnt even the fourth best defensive player on our team. Taylor, Washington, Springs,and Griffin are all far more important than him. I like the guy but never would I side with a whiner who goes to the media before a game like this and cries like a baby. Not only did he cry about the Redskins, he cried about MCI security not letting him in the locker room to get autographs.

O come on get real here! LA may be in the top 4 best defensive players in the league when 100% healthy. All you freakin Lavar haters make me sick.

People make mistakes, I didn't see Sean Taylor get chewed out for overpersuing in a loss against KC, Denver, Oakland, or San Diego. I didn't see Rock get chewed out when he fumbled to lose the game in Denver, and I didn't see Portis get chewed out in the Oakland game for two costly fumbles. So why chew out LaVar in a victory where he did pretty darn good? \

Who ever said they didn't get chewed out? Just because you didn't hear about them getting chewed out definatly doesn't mean that it didn't happen. I play football and know first hand that EVERYONE gets chewed out once in a while, its just that everyone else knows just to take it and not talk back.

Lavar is taking up about 10% of our cap and his play on the field does not justify that. Greg Williams has proved that our defense can be just as good without him. I would rather spend that money on a game changing defensive end, which could take our defense to an elite level. Lavar never realized his potential. He used to talk about all he wants to do is win, yet the wek before the biggest game of his career he's a distraction. I'll be glad to see him go, so we can get some players that are about the team and not themselves. And for anyone to say that they don't like Joe Gibbs, and can't see how he is turning around this franchise, should either stick to fantasy football where you can just root for players or find another team. Dale Lindsey should be yelling at players for missing assignments. We finally have a coaching staff with enough clout to stand up to these whiny "me" players, and that is why we are getting better. Lavar will be the last one to go, and this will be a true "team" built in Joe Gibbs image. And what will follow will be glorious for all of us true fans of the Washington Redskins. :point2sky

You opened up a can of worms when you talk about Coach Gibbs boy. I like LA but he is no where near the best defender. And saying that Mark is washed up...I said that when we signed him, but he has resurged. I'm sure you dont know how well Gibbs is when it comes to QB's. I mean 3 SB's in 4 trips with three different QB's and you say he is inconsistent. You are inconsistent son. The media didn't give us a chance, now we are on the brink of the PO's with a vic tommorow at Philly. Coach turned this team into a contender so therefore you have no idea what you are talking about.

I am sorry to say that LA is not even one of the top 5 players at his position let alone in the league... Do I want to see him go... NO WAY, I have been a huge Arrington fan since his days at PSU. Even though he is an impact player, he is not a dominant player. I wish he was a dominant player with 10 sacks, 150 tackles, a couple of picks, maybe a ff here and there... the fact of the matter is.. until he plays within a system he will never get there. You saw what happened when he played for Marvin Lewis and the type of year he had. I know injury slows ya down and there will always be up and down days, but I think he is capable of being productive and still a very important cog in the GW machine.. I just hope he is with us for years to come....

Enough about LA... I just wanna get to the playoffs with Joe Gibbs and his favorite playing, walker using, hearing aid needing, super bowl winning staff so I don't have to listen to anymore crap from any NFC East fans since I am stuck here in PA....

Have a GREAT NEW YEAR

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

I have been a die hard skins fan for as long as I have been alive, and as far as I remember the last time the coaching staff wanted to push out a long time veteran that poured his all into this franchise...we ran the coaching staff out of town. Now I already do not like Joe Gibbs, but what is he doing letting his linebacker coach get all up in the face of LaVar, the leading tackler after a darn VICTORY over the Giants, one week before playoff implications. LaVar has come around this year and last week looked great. People make mistakes, I didn't see Sean Taylor get chewed out for overpersuing in a loss against KC, Denver, Oakland, or San Diego. I didn't see Rock get chewed out when he fumbled to lose the game in Denver, and I didn't see Portis get chewed out in the Oakland game for two costly fumbles. So why chew out LaVar in a victory where he did pretty darn good? I do not understand it. Inconsistent is what Joe Gibbs is. His organization has favorties, and just look at the two seasons, virtually the same team and could be the opposite record. Oh and don't forget that we lost to all AFC West teams all by less than a TD. WHY? Inconsistent game plan. Stick to your guns, don't let a washed up Brunell going on a final run take the load, give it to Portis. And don't run out the BEST player on the defense all because he has GREAT instincts and doesn't fit the sceme. The coaches don't understand that Williams scemes will work, but if someone messes up, I see LaVar picking up their slack, which is why he was out of position.

Lavar is taking up about 10% of our cap and his play on the field does not justify that. Greg Williams has proved that our defense can be just as good without him. I would rather spend that money on a game changing defensive end, which could take our defense to an elite level. Lavar never realized his potential. He used to talk about all he wants to do is win, yet the wek before the biggest game of his career he's a distraction. I'll be glad to see him go, so we can get some players that are about the team and not themselves. And for anyone to say that they don't like Joe Gibbs, and can't see how he is turning around this franchise, should either stick to fantasy football where you can just root for players or find another team. Dale Lindsey should be yelling at players for missing assignments. We finally have a coaching staff with enough clout to stand up to these whiny "me" players, and that is why we are getting better. Lavar will be the last one to go, and this will be a true "team" built in Joe Gibbs image. And what will follow will be glorious for all of us true fans of the Washington Redskins. :point2sky

Archived