Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rogers questionable again. How bad is his injury?

Drockvb

Torn bicep, out for the season. Not many players can play with a torn bicep. The injury always ends up in the player headed for injured reserve. I wouldn't look for Rogers anymore this season. It's a shame because he was turning into our best defensive back.

Umm...he PRACTICED YESTERDAY... does that sound like a guy who is out for the season :doh:

hes out for at least 2 more weeks, if not the season

You people really need to check your facts before posting

Carlos Rogers WILL BE BACK for our 1st round game...take it to the bank

Speed is King as a Cornerback. I think he will come back from this. His brain, legs,and eyes are his most important body parts anyway.

This couldn't be further from the truth. To be a top flight corner in the NFL, you have to be fundamentally sound at tackling. A torn bicep is a defensive player's worse nightmare.

This couldn't be further from the truth. To be a top flight corner in the NFL, you have to be fundamentally sound at tackling. A torn bicep is a defensive player's worse nightmare.

Thats true. But I still think a leg/foot/knee/hip injuries are more damaging for a cornerback.

the coaching staff referenced his injuries several times as reasons why he wasn't in the lineup or starting early on. when commenting on Rogers' play when he got the starting job, Gregg Williams himself said 'it is good to finally have him healthy' or something to that effect.

I'm not going to search them all for you, but they're out there if you want to do the work.

And yes, you can still be injured and be on the active roster and even play, that means nothing. You're still hampered by injury.

To be honest, you can say that about a lot of players in the NFL. I'm sure Saleve'a isn't completely healthy either. Jansen was working for a decent amount of the season with broken thumbs. Players play with injuries all the time. Doesn't make them injury prone.

Actually, I'd be more worried if it was the same injury, because it might mean that it is chronic and may actually tend to have the same injury. I'm not worried about Carlos.

Jason

Archived