Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our team Awards for '05

gchwood

Offensive MVP - Santana Moss has been the straw that stirred the drink, but this offense is based on Clinton Portis. When he runs well, the Redskins win. Has to be 26.

Defensive MVP - If MVP stood for "most valueable person" than Gregg Williams would be the runaway winner. As it is, I'm going to go with the one person in the secondary who has been a constant and has held an injury-ridden piece of that unit together. 21 baby!

Special Teams MVP - I'm gonna go with Ladell Betts, since he has a KR for a TD and he never got himself cut.

Comeback player - Brunell. Duh.

Tough guy - Has to be Ray Brown. I mean it has to be. The guy is freakin' 42!

For the SkinsXL Tough Guy award (yes I am sponsoring the award) the nominees are:

Jon Jansen - Played most of the season with 2 broken thumbs at a position that demands using your hands.

Sean Taylor - Played a good part of the season with a partially separated shoulder and still layed the wood EVERY GAME (except Tampa).

Ray Brown - He's 42 years old and played an integral role at practice and in the win against the Giants.

Joe Salave'a - Played most of the year with an EXTREMElY painful ailment of the foot, Plantar Fascilitis.

I want to know what who you think deserves our awards for this season.

Catagories:

Offensive MVP

Santana Moss-12

Defensive MVP

Lamar Marshall

Comeback Player

Mark Bruenell

Tough Guy

Jon Jansen-8

Sean Taylor-

Special Teamer

Mike Sellers-5

I will try to update this post with everyone's votes, and their additions if you want them.

these are my picks, 2 way tie between jansen and ST at the tough guy

Offensive MVP

Santana Moss

Defensive MVP

Marcus Washington

Comeback Player

Mark Brunell

Tough Guy

Jon Jansen

Rookie Of The Year: Carlos Rogers (I suppose their is no real competition for this award though)

Overall MVP

Santana Moss

At the UK fan club, when we do our awards, we also have Special Teams Player Of The Year and Value For Money Player, so:

Special Teams Player

Mike Sellers

Value For Money Player

Joe Salave'a

You can put me down for precisely the same thing. :cheers:

Offensive MVP - Clintin Portis ( Because of the obvious and because of his leadership and his BLOCKING ):notworthy

Defensive MVP - Sean Taylor ( Did anybody see the Tampa game, our defense looked like sh&t with out him , we made Chris Simms look like Peyton Manning , there's no way that happens with Sean Taylor playing that game . Did anybody see how many passes they had down the middle of the field. Someone please tell me that would of happen with Sean Taylor in that game . NO WAY , it wouldn't of happned ). :notworthy

Comeback Player - Mark Brunell ( everybody wanted him to retire last year , but now everybody gets a heart attack when he gets injured ,-- you tell me he hasn't made an impressive comeback from last year ):notworthy

Special Teamer - Mike Sellers ( Because of the obvious and because he just DESTROYS the other teams wall ):notworthy

Tough Guy - Clinton Portis ( It might seem crazy because Jansen has played with two broken thumbs , but the reason I pick Portis is because for 1) a guy his size who blocks guys double his size and still gets the ball a huge amount of times is outstanding , 2) The poor guy gets HORSE COLLARED on almost every play :mad: , and still gets up and takes the work load , and finally for the scheme that he is in , he has to be patient which normally leads to big hits from the full speed tacklers.) :notworthy

These guys really deserve the awards!!!!!!!!!:notworthy

Offensive MVP: Santana Moss (Portis is a VERY close second)

Defensive MVP: Marcus "Mr" Washington

Comeback Player: Little Scotty Brunnell!

SkinsXL: Not sure what this means, but I'll go with Sean Taylor, only because he's by far my favorite Skins player right now and he makes other teams change their entire gameplan.

Special Teams: Mike Sellers...wish Thrash could've produced like Sellers can.

Offensive MVP

Santana Moss

Defensive MVP

Marcus Washington

Comeback Player

Mark Brunell

Tough Guy

Jon Jansen

Rookie Of The Year: Carlos Rogers (I suppose their is no real competition for this award though)

Overall MVP

Santana Moss

At the UK fan club, when we do our awards, we also have Special Teams Player Of The Year and Value For Money Player, so:

Special Teams Player

Mike Sellers

Value For Money Player

Joe Salave'a

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. PLEASE DITTO THIS AS MY VOTE(S).

offense - has 2 be portis. im pretty sure 4 straight 100+ yards game has something to do with our 4 game winning streak.

defense - marshall, he really stepped up big time as the defensive leader, and hes very consistent.

comeback - i can see why people are saying brunell, but i think it should go to mike sellers. im pretty sure everyone knows his background.

special teams - thrash, one of the underrated special teamer.

Archived