Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAVORITE Redskin Postseason Moment!!!

Deefense

Good call, and a huge reason Green was a better player than Deion Sanders. Deion wouldn't have made that play to save his life, and many other plays that Green made like it.

But I'd have to say the best postseason moment was the Riggins run or Theismann knocking down that ball earlier in the same game.

"Late in the third quarter, Theismann made a play, or saved one from taking place rather, that kept Shula from securing his third world championship. Deep in Redskin territory, Theismann dropped back to pass. Kim Bokamper stuck his arms up and deflected it. He ran after it, and it was falling into his waiting arms when Theismann played the role of cornerback and knocked it away at the 2-yard line. Theismann had saved the game. Now, Riggins and the Hogs would win it."

The only postseason I remember was in 1999 with the 2nd best offence in the league and one of the worst D's in the league 10-6 team won the division. I remember when they played the Lions home and beat them up. I dont remember they score since I was only in 6th grade but I look back on that season and always wished I would see more that it and they have a great chance to do it again.

I know this is lame, but I can't name just one...

I personally feel the "We want Dallas" game is our signature moment outside of Super Bowl memories--the Darryl Grant play is my ultimate.

The punt return to break the Bears' back in 87-88 is DG's signature moment

BUT

Does anyone remember the NFC championship game from that year? We were up late in the 4th at RFK, and Minnessota drove deep into Skins territory. And Mr. D Green broke up that pass in the end zone to Anthony Carter (who was on fire in the playoffs that year, I might add) to seal it??? That moment deserves some love, too.

Riggo in Super Bowl XVII has to take the prize.

Next is tight between:

- Grant's INT/TD vs. Dallas

- Green's punt return vs. Chicago

- the entire 2nd quarter of SBXXII (Denver)

A distant 3rd (as I was barely old enough to remember - 6) was Kilmer to Charley Taylor twice vs. Dallas in the '72 NFC title game.

I know this is lame, but I can't name just one...

I personally feel the "We want Dallas" game is our signature moment outside of Super Bowl memories--the Darryl Grant play is my ultimate.

The punt return to break the Bears' back in 87-88 is DG's signature moment

BUT

Does anyone remember the NFC championship game from that year? We were up late in the 4th at RFK, and Minnessota drove deep into Skins territory. And Mr. D Green broke up that pass in the end zone to Anthony Carter (who was on fire in the playoffs that year, I might add) to seal it??? That moment deserves some love, too.

Agree w/DG's punt return, as well as the 4th down play against Minnesota and DG breaking up the play, as Coach Gibbs was kneeling on his knee.

DG's punt return in Chicago.

I was not born when that happen but I enjoy how he returned it hurt and all. My other one I was born for, when big Tre Johson and Brad Johson was fighting them Lions dude. It was not a big fight but I still liked it.

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :seahawksu :panthersu :bucsuck: :bearsuck: :gaintsuck :dallasuck

There was this play in the 1983 Super Bowl against Miami where our running back at the time got the ball on 4th and 1 in the 4th quarter. Don't recall who the guy was, or how significant the play was, but it just seems to stick out in my mind.

:logo:

That is my #1 also... but I will also always remember the SB against the Bills when the Redskins D was just manhandling the Bills wr's and in frustration Lofton taking off his helmet and throwing it to the ground, there is W. Marshall pointing it out to the ref's... THAT was a great D...

:logo:

There are so many.... but one of my favorites is the Minnesota game.. Darrell Green stopping the Vikings at the goal line to put us into the SuperBowl.

Riggins 4th and 1 in SBXVII

Beating Dallas 26-3 to go to SBVII

The "seat cushion" game against Atlanta and Neon Deion.

Darrell Green's interception run back against Chicago.. hurdling the Bear's player and tearing his rib muscles...

Soo many to choose from.

There was this play in the 1983 Super Bowl against Miami where our running back at the time got the ball on 4th and 1 in the 4th quarter. Don't recall who the guy was, or how significant the play was, but it just seems to stick out in my mind.

When I moved to Alabama in 1992, I brought the famous picture of that "guy" shedding the Dolphin cornerback with me. It still hangs in a place of honor in my "Redskin room" home theater. Every year at our Super Bowl party, we have a viewing of that entire Redskin possession just before the Super Bowl kickoff. It really sets a great tone. There have been many, many great moments, but none have ever matched that for me.

That was John Riggins...it was 4th and 1...they went for the first down...and they got the TOUCHDOWN!!! Riggo rumbled 43 yards for the go-ahead TD. I remember it like it was yesterday.

The Miami D was utterly unable to stop Riggins, and the Redskins rode the Diesel all to way to their first World Championship. Still the greatest single play in Redskins history.

Right up there, though, has to be "The Quarter" in SB XXII...when the second quarter started, I was bumming...by halftime, I was rolling on the floor laughing!!! Still the greatest offensive explosion in Super Bowl history.

HTTR!!! :cheers:

Unfortunately since i was late in finding my destiny in supporting this franchise (i only really began following the skins properly in 2000) ive not actually ever witnessed any of these great moments firsthand. Generally ive been resigned to listening to the older generations nostalgic reminiscing, not that thats a bad thing, sometimes the way you tell it is just as good as telling it. That said id love one day to join in with that part of history and be able to sit around and tell some young pups in 10 or 20 years time about how great the skins were back in 05.

Gentlemen charge your glasses, heres to creating some new play off memories!

Favorite can be of all shapes and sizes. So coming back from a quick 10 point lead in the SuperBowl against Denver and John Elway was pretty great for me. I was watching from my Dad's couch with my dad, and his longtime friend and his wife. My dad was so disguntled it wasn't even funny. But I didn't give up hope. We placed some Redskins memorabilia on top of t.v. and the Skins responded with 35. WOW! My dad was so happy! R.I.P.- DAD.

And since my dad was light hearted a comical favorite is in order. Just the words "GUS FREROTE". AKA MR. HEADBUTT!

I have a bunch of them... everyones posted memories are all GREAT!!!

To me... it all started out with Goerge Allen beating the boy's 26-3 in RFK back in 1972 for the NFC championship and Charley Taylor streaking down the sideline after catching a long pass from Billy Kilmer!!!

This was our first big win which (I feel) gave us a WINNING history!!!

Good Post

Here is my favorite.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/redskins/longterm/1997/history/allart/72cowboys.htm

The Washington Redskins found deliverance yesterday.

Playing with intense ferocity, they simply smashed the Dallas Cowboys, 26-3, to gain the National Football Conference championship and a trip to the Super Bow in Los Angeles Jan. 14.

Deprived of a championship for the last 30 years, the Redskins outclassed, outfought and outran the defending world champions before 53,129 spectators at RFK Stadium.

Archived