Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are you Superstitious?

ArmchairRedskin

Ok, I'm gonna come clean. I've been doing something superstitious every game the last four weeks to help the team win. Keep in mind I'm in central Texas watching the game on a T.V so whatever it is is strictly for the football gods :silly:

Regardless, I'm gonna be doing the same thing this week because I think It'll help the Redskins win.

I want you guys to either admit you do something to help the Redskins win every week, or tell me I'm a 34 year old idiot with an obvious need for a psychiatrist.

You don't have to go into detail in what you do because we all know that would jinx it :laugh: :silly:

I just want a yay or ney.

Ok, I'm gonna come clean. I've been doing something superstitious every game the last four weeks to help the team win. Keep in mind I'm in central Texas watching the game on a T.V so whatever it is is strictly for the football gods :silly:

Regardless, I'm gonna be doing the same thing this week because I think It'll help the Redskins win.

I want you guys to either admit you do something to help the Redskins win every week, or tell me I'm a 34 year old idiot with an obvious need for a psychiatrist.

You don't have to go into detail in what you do because we all know that would jinx it :laugh: :silly:

I just want a yay or ney.

Yes I think the things I do in my house 500 miles away from the game have an effect on the players and how they play. :doh:

I find this to be similar to people that have a heart attack when a poster talks about a game 2 weeks from now instead of the next game and claim that we are looking ahead. As if we as fans have some sort of reponsibility during the week to prepare the Redskins for the game on Sunday.

Yes I think the things I do in my house 500 miles away from the game have an effect on the players and how they play. :doh:

I find this to be similar to people that have a heart attack when a poster talks about a game 2 weeks from now instead of the next game and claim that we are looking ahead. As if we as fans have some sort of reponsibility during the week to prepare the Redskins for the game on Sunday.

Are you one of those people who gets mad when others talking about their favorite team say "we" instead of "they"? I see no problem with us fans doing anything that you stated above. We could have just not showed up at FedEx for the Giants game because the we have to win in Philly regardless. :rolleyes:

Do you think the Skins would have noticed the seats empty? I love this time of year. I love when my team is in the hunt. The fans who attend the Skins games do have a responsibility. They have to be pumped up for the game and make as much noise as to distract the other team. Let's go Skins! "We" need this one! :)

Are you one of those people who gets mad when others talking about their favorite team say "we" instead of "they"? I see no problem with us fans doing anything that you stated above. We could have just not showed up at FedEx for the Giants game because the we have to win in Philly regardless. :rolleyes:

Do you think the Skins would have noticed the seats empty? I love this time of year. I love when my team is in the hunt. The fans who attend the Skins games do have a responsibility. They have to be pumped up for the game and make as much noise as to distract the other team. Let's go Skins! "We" need this one! :)

You're entire response to me was based on an assumption you made that was incorrect.

I have no problem with saying "we" when reffering to the Redskins, the fans are part of the team, there would be no NFL or Washington Redskins without fans.

Sure showing up for games and cheering is important, never said it wasn't.

I was reffering to those that go ballistic on someone for starting a playoff thread after the Dallas game. Saying things like, "you're going to jinx us for the Giants game!" or " lets play one game at a time".

Those type comments are silly, as fan you have every right to think about games down the road, you don't have any reponsibility as far as preparing for your opponent, training during the week, or anything else that the players do. Going to the games and cheering on the skins is a given.

That's why it's called superstition. www.dictionary.com :)

You guys are crazy...some people are superstitious, some aren't. Stop trying to engrain your personal views into other peoples lives. If the guy thinks wearing purple underwear with a top hat and GO SKINS painted on his chest with ketchup makes the team win, then more power to him. Whatever makes you happy.

I am disgustingly superstitious for the record, so I understand where this guy is coming from.

\

Superstition. I think you missed the whole point.

Look I don't mean to personally attack you, i'm just not a huge fan of superstition.

I played on a college baseball team that was so superstitious you couldn't hardly do anything without someone jumping all over you for breaking some damn superstition that someone created 2 innings before.

This from the same team that collectively thought we lost a game because we didn't pray before the game started.

So we were mixing god (the Christian God) with superstitions and jinxs. I'm sure everyone can see the irony in that.

I think we all know it dosen't matter what color jersey you wear on game day, thats all i'm saying.

You guys are crazy...some people are superstitious, some aren't. Stop trying to engrain your personal views into other peoples lives. If the guy thinks wearing purple underwear with a top hat and GO SKINS painted on his chest with ketchup makes the team win, then more power to him. Whatever makes you happy.

I am disgustingly superstitious for the record, so I understand where this guy is coming from.

HOW DID YOU KNOW?!? :laugh: :laugh: (j/k)

Superstition. I think you missed the whole point.

Besides, if weren't for my superstitious activities, we wouldn't have a chance for the playoffs, so Reckanize!!! :laugh:

How did I miss the point? Superstitions are things people do that they think has a positive affect on their team.

That means you think that things that you do are important and matter, you have an effect on whether or not the Redskins do well.

That is egotistical.

Look I don't mean to personally attack you, i'm just not a huge fan of superstition.

I played on a college baseball team that was so superstitious you couldn't hardly do anything without someone jumping all over you for breaking some damn superstition that someone created 2 innings before.

This from the same team that collectively thought we lost a game because we didn't pray before the game started.

So we were mixing god (the Christian God) with superstitions and jinxs. I'm sure everyone can see the irony in that.

I think we all know it dosen't matter what color jersey you wear on game day, thats all i'm saying.

If you're not superstitous, then fine. I have no problem with that. No harm, no foul. To each his own and whatnot.

I appreciate your input. ( Even if it sucks :laugh: )

How did I miss the point? Superstitions are things people do that they think has a positive affect on their team.

That means you think that things that you do are important and matter, you have an effect on whether or not the Redskins do well.

That is egotistical.

No it's superstition.

su·per·sti·tion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spr-stshn)

n.

An irrational belief that an object, action, or circumstance not logically related to a course of events influences its outcome.

If you wanna peg me as an egomaniac, that's fine, but it's not necessarily the case.

Maybe you should examine your sense of humor. It may be in need of repair/updating.

Yes, very! I will wear my Charles Mann Jersey this Sunday because I am 4-0 this season in Divisional Game with it on.

I also wore my Portis Jersey to work today because I wore it last week on causal Friday, which was actually casual Thursday last week because of Christmas Eve.

After the 0-5 start in 01 I did not drink beer during the game on the 5-0 streak.

Archived