Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar's status for Sunday

fdarugar

Are you guys forgetting that LaVar's best game this year was against the Eagles?

he's by far the most explosive lb on the team, and I look for him to come out very angry for a quantity of reasons. I would be very dissapointed to see him deactivated/benched.

Is he gunna play or what, this thing is just getting worse and worse. He could be a liability out there with everything that is probly going on in his head. Lavar SUCKS, btw.

I think Lavar is a tremedous player and I hope he will be with Washington for the rest of his career. He brings a lot to this defense, i would not like it if Washington lost such a player.

Go Lavar

He's a liability because he made some stupid comment off the field? This whole thing has clearly been on Lavar's mind for the good part of this season, why would it really effect his play now? Is Lavar going to be thinking "Man, I'm not gonna be here next year", and miss a tackle?

Yes, exactly... miss a tackle!

Question to the cap experts out there. Hypothetical:

If Lavar were to retire(can't see it happening but it's his words,not mine.),would the cap hit be the same as if he were released or traded?? Just curious.

Yes, but I believe in this situation the organization will go after some of the bonus and will most likely be able to get it, just as in the Ricky Williams situation.

The only thing Lavar has to do to get the fans with him again is to go out Sunday and have a monster game, and he is absolutely capable of that. I think his biggest problem mentally is that he so desperately wants to play every down. Don't count him out just yet. He has way too much ability to have him playing for someone else against us. I agree it is going to be neccessary for his contract to be redone, but I think that can happen.:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :2cents: :helmet:

If Lavar is healthy enough to play then he should play, Gibbs is smart enough to realize that this not the time nor place to handle the Lavar situation. Once the season is over Gibbs and Co. will make the move that betters the team, not a day earlier, unless of course Lavar pulls a TO goes completely off the deep end.

:eaglesuck :dallasuck :gaintsuck

"LoL Thank you... ...The only place LaVar's comments are probably a distraction is on this site...lol

"

bingo...self important fans venting....has nothing to do with on-field performance. anyone care to place a bet that the Skins won't go out there, as a team, and rip the Iggles (hard fought or not...they are gonna win). allow me the maneuvering room: it's just common sense that this isn't a big enough distraction relative to a game with playoff implications. I'm willing to bet the players are totally focused...you don't coalesce for 4 weeks and suddenly turn it off. some of you are less homers and have less faith in the team than many of the LA backers...any irony in this?....:-)....

He's a liability because he made some stupid comment off the field? This whole thing has clearly been on Lavar's mind for the good part of this season, why would it really effect his play now? Is Lavar going to be thinking "Man, I'm not gonna be here next year", and miss a tackle?

thank you! Lavar isnt going to bring this on to the feild..

"The only thing Lavar has to do to get the fans with him again is to go out Sunday and have a monster game, and he is absolutely capable of that. I think his biggest problem mentally is that he so desperately wants to play every down. Don't count him out just yet. He has way too much ability to have him playing for someone else against us. I agree it is going to be neccessary for his contract to be redone, but I think that can happen."

pretty reasonable post.

WOW!!! I dont know what to say... I have been reading alot of these LaVar threads and I cant beleive so many Skins fans are hating on the man. He is a three time Pro Bowler, an extremely effective and aggressive pass rusher and I consider him a huge weapon in our D due to his ??? status. With opposing coaches not knowing if and when he will play and as to what role, he can be a huge surprise by releasing the hammer when they least expect it.

I read one "fans" post stating: "As soon as this season is over he will be sent out of town faster than Lavarnaeous Coles/Rod Gardner/Chump Bailey/Fred Smut were. I can't wait."

He says this like all those players are meaningless. How many fans here remember when we had Bailey, Arrington, Smoot, Smith, Trotter, Armstead and Peirce? For the few years we had these members on that defensive unit, we had a top three Defense. That was all we had. Most games were held in check by our D but our lack of offensive prowess kept us out of every game.

We lost or let go of alot of those players and now we fear them on the other side of the ball. If LaVar does hang up his Redskin jersy, and DOES NOT retire, I am sure we as skins fans will always remeber and fear his talents when he is on the other side of the ball. To say he sucks is just ludicris (spelling)

Furthermore, to compare him to TO and call him a whiner or cry baby is just as bad. I have read all his statments, articles and interviews and he has not once said anything bad or derogatory about his team mates, coaches or the Redskins organization. He is upset by his amount of playtime and his contract. Well then... wouldnt you be? If I were a proven weapon, Probowler, veteran and mentor of this team, I would be upset by this nonsense too. I am pulling for LaVar and I hope he can smooth things over with the FO. I hope he is on our side of the ball next year.

end rant...

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

DOWN WITH THE EAGLES!!!

Archived