Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Phil Savage Former Ravens GM to be fired

indatrenches

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2275447

This is the guy who along with Ozzie Newsome formed as a great tandem to produce great drafts with the Baltimore Ravens!

Should we take a look even as an assistant GM to President Gibbs for drafting purposes only?

These are his draft choices:

Ray Lewis

Jonathan Ogden

Ed Reed

Todd Heap

Terrell Suggs

Chris McCalister

Jamal Lewis

Mark Clayton

Randy Hymes

Jamie Sharper

Duane Starks

Gary Baxter

Adalius Thomas

Cornell Brown

Casey Rabach

the list goes on and on.

I guess that would depend on a few things.

1. Does Joe Gibbs Team President feel he needs help?

2. Will Snyder over rule additional guys in the FO?

3. Will the Redskins ever keep enough draft picks to make it worth while?

I would be all for it because it can never hurt having good talent evaluators however I doubt it happens because of one or all of those reasons listed above.

The Ravens have been drafting for the same basic systems for years. It's easy to find people to fill those roles when you have the same coaching/systems in place year after year. You see what our coaching staff can do rescuing scrap heap players like Marshall, Clark, Salave'a and others to create a dominating defense. As we get more players for the successful system we run we'll be able to build a better draft history.

I just know a team at 10-6 with five straight wins should enter the offseason doing as much as possible to do as little as possible.

The Ravens have been drafting for the same basic systems for years. It's easy to find people to fill those roles when you have the same coaching/systems in place year after year. You see what our coaching staff can do rescuing scrap heap players like Marshall, Clark, Salave'a and others to create a dominating defense. As we get more players for the successful system we run we'll be able to build a better draft history.

I just know a team at 10-6 with five straight wins should enter the offseason doing as much as possible to do as little as possible.

I agree. It's taken a long time to get some stability on this team, and now that it's starting to pay off, they need to retain all the vital parts, including G. Williams coming back for another season as Asst. Head Coach-Defense, and keeping Brunell on another season would be a good idea as well. Also, Lemar Marshall made a nice transition to MLB, so I hope they keep him.

It's taken almost 2 full seasons, but Gibbs, and all of us, are finally seeing the guys who have what it takes to be "core-Redskins."

Archived