Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thursday Pressers, Team of destiny?

stevenaa

I saw the "Friends in heaven" presser on NFL Network last night. Wasn't quite sure what to make of it. Funny and embarrasing all at once. Sitting here thinking about it, and it hit me.

This team senses what it is about to do and is enjoying every minute of it. Living in the moment. This team knows how rare it is to be in this position. There can be no more dangerous team in the playoffs than one that is on a roll and having fun. Look back to our superbowl teams and they were fun teams.

I find myself torn between being cautiously optimistic, and throwing off the gloves and proclaiming this team is SuperBowl bound. I think back to the beginning of the season, and the early calls that went our way. The types of calls we never got the previous 10 years. There was muted talk of destiny even then.

I should take a lesson from CP and Co. and better enjoy the moment. Enjoy it in the way I did in the early years when the playoffs were a lock and you could revel in the possibilities. It's been so long, I'm afraid to let my guard down. This is totally irrational, because the team has already exceeded my expectations for this season. But now I want more. I want it all. A trip to the big game. And if we make that, I'll want the win. At some point I know I'll experience total joy. It just may not be until after we win the Superbowl. It is our destiny!!!!

I saw the "Friends in heaven" presser on NFL Network last night. Wasn't quite sure what to make of it. Funny and embarrasing all at once. Sitting here thinking about it, and it hit me.

This team senses what it is about to do and is enjoying every minute of it. Living in the moment. This team knows how rare it is to be in this position. There can be no more dangerous team in the playoffs than one that is on a roll and having fun. Look back to our superbowl teams and they were fun teams.

I find myself torn between being cautiously optimistic, and throwing off the gloves and proclaiming this team is SuperBowl bound. I think back to the beginning of the season, and the early calls that went our way. The types of calls we never got the previous 10 years. There was muted talk of destiny even then.

I should take a lesson from CP and Co. and better enjoy the moment. Enjoy it in the way I did in the early years when the playoffs were a lock and you could revel in the possibilities. It's been so long, I'm afraid to let my guard down. This is totally irrational, because the team has already exceeded my expectations for this season. But now I want more. I want it all. A trip to the big game. And if we make that, I'll want the win. At some point I know I'll experience total joy. It just may not be until after we win the Superbowl. It is our destiny!!!!

:point2sky

You gotta love that conference. My Fav was sweet tooth, which I believe was Robert Royal.

Not to poop on the party but can we please just win on Sunday first! All this playoff talk is making me nervous. The SB word should not even be in our vocabulary at this point. What if we lose on Sunday? All of this talk and celebration will seem pretty premature then won't it?

I've been suffering from the same malady, which has prevented me from getting too excited and enjoying it to the fullest. I'm trying to break out and believe. It's much more fun, and at the same time much more risky.

I've been suffering from the same malady, which has prevented me from getting too excited and enjoying it to the fullest. I'm trying to break out and believe. It's much more fun, and at the same time much more risky.

I hear ya. It does seem this team is finding it's own identity. What with the new uniforms and crazy antics. It's a new era that's for sure. Let's hope it goes somewhere THIS season. :cheers:

Archived