Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Snyder-Lavar Relationship

Burgold

Okay, let me get this straight. Lavar calls Danny a thief, liar, and a crook. Sues him. Goes to the press and tells everyone that Snyder is all of above and you don't think it would impact their personal relationship? How would you react if you chose him over Champ to receive the big salary, treated the guy like family, then he goes shouting to everyone that you're a louse, a thief, and a cheat. Wouldn't that impact how you felt about the guy personally. From what we've heard Snyder has given Lavar the cold shoulder. Seems about right to me.

As far as if that impacted how he was treated on the field I don't know, but it was the beginning of strained feelings between some fans and Lavar.

Sigh... Lavar never said anything like that.

Look, the relationship between Lavar and the organization -- including the owner, the coaches, everyone -- is poisonous now. It isn't going to get better. He's spouting off out of frustration. But don't put words in his mouth.

We all don't know what is done and said behind closed doors. I can recall a rumor about Snyder saying something to LC about he would send him a TV to watch the games before he traded him away. I don't know anything more or less than anyone else, however I have my opinions and I think that simply judging by what I have seen and heard that Snyder is underhanded and arrogant! Most filthy rich people I have met are. Regardless whether LaVar was cheated out of 6.5 million or not he was still paid as the highest LB in the NFL. Yes that is a very large sum of money but LaVar needs to count his blessings. He still has youth, wealth and the lifestyle many people would sell thier soul for. He grew up with very meager means and now he resides in a 20K square foot home and brought his brother a home in VA. LaVar nor his family will never want for anything again. But as many people say - the more you have the more you want. That is what is so sad about it all. LaVar was my favorite Redskin and to see how he has handled situations is sad, but then again he was tabbed to be so great! the next coming of LT. All this shoved upon a young immature man. He read papers, watched NFL related shows and he started believing his own hype. There are many reasons as to this downfall and to simply blame LA is wrong we need to blame alot of people including Snyder. As you recall before Gibbs came back Snyder and many of his favorites ran things not the coaching staff so when bad habits are formed they are very hard to break. LaVar needs to give this to God, learn to shut up and play. If he is still the playmaker he once was his efforts will speak far louder than any of his words. Are you all with me on that?

I can recall a rumor about Snyder saying something to LC about he would send him a TV to watch the games before he traded him away.

I remember that as well, but the problem is you don't know who and what to believe. The media can spin this in every direction, but the truth probably won't come out for quite some time if at all. Who is going to admit that they are wrong?

All I know is that Lavar has been through a lot with this organization from different defensive coordinators every year to different head coaches. A lot of players saw the instability that Snyder brought and ran for the hills like Champ Bailey who refused to play for yet another coach. Others were just run out of town like Stephen Davis. Coaches were scolded like kids like Turner, and others were fired for having great seasons, like Marty. But there has been ONE consistent player through all of it who didn't want to leave. One player didn't want to turn his back on the team that drafted him. One player praised the owner, and stuck up for him even though everyone else hated him.

The Snyder angle of this whole thing is blown out of proportion.

Does ANYONE honestly believe even if Snyder passionately despised a player that that would affect whether or not Gibbs/Williams put him in the game? Of course not. The Daniel is NOT calling the shots; time for everyone to stop using our nouveau riche owner as his personal whipping boy. Lavar criticized the COACHES for bringing him back too soon last year (even though he was the one whining to get in) and blamed them for his injury; then he whined mercilessly this year when they refused to let him play before he was back to 100%. Joe Paterno said he was undisciplined, Marvin Lewis said he was the most undisciplined player he'd ever coached, his friend Trotter just implied he was undisciplined... are they all out of step but little Johnny?

It's a real testament to our franchise's recent mediocrity that a player like Arrington, who has done very little on the field when compared to true legends like Manley, Butz, Mann, or Wilbur Marshall, can be fawned and obsessed over by so many fans. If Aikman had thrown the ball away instead on his career ending play, I seriously doubt Arrington would have even a fraction of the reputation he's been resting on.

There is a time and place to use the media for a certain cause, over use will just diminish what your trying to accomplish and even though I like Lavar....he clearly sits in this seat.....I think the verdict is in and I don't see Lavar here, especially considering that Williams defense is able to run w/o him.....

We all don't know what is done and said behind closed doors. I can recall a rumor about Snyder saying something to LC about he would send him a TV to watch the games before he traded him away.

Uh, this statement needs some serious clarification/correction. Gibbs/Snyder were trading him to the Jets and Coles refused to go unless he could squeeze another $2m or so out of the Jets, to which the Jets initially balked. In other words, Coles wanted to force the Skins to cut him so he could get more $$$ as a free agent rather than live up to the terms of his contract. Snyder lost his temper, and admitted later he'd made such remarks to Coles. His tough stance was, however, part of what helped the deal go through, along with Pennington's willingness to renegotiate his own contract if Coles was brought on board.

I think both sides F'ed up...and the team will take a hit for it.I don't think we know 50% of the truth so who knows the real story.I do know that starting crap before a big game is not good....Had he waitied untill the season was over...We would all be where we were...On LA's side !

When did Lavar call Snyder those names? You don't have quotes on that stuff so it is pretty irresponsible to say that kind of stuff.

By taking Snyder to court about the contract Lavar was saying that Snyder and the Redskins intentionally ripped him off, that the Redskins cheated him. Lavar accused him of doing crooked business and thus called him a thief, a cheat, etc. When he went to the press and reiterated that the Redskins promised one thing and then forced his agents through time restraints not to read the contract and purposefully wrote a different contract than the one that was agreed to... he was accusing Snyder of lying, as well as stealing.

Okay, let me get this straight. Lavar calls Danny a thief, liar, and a crook. Sues him. Goes to the press and tells everyone that Snyder is all of above and you don't think it would impact their personal relationship? How would you react if you chose him over Champ to receive the big salary, treated the guy like family, then he goes shouting to everyone that you're a louse, a thief, and a cheat. Wouldn't that impact how you felt about the guy personally. From what we've heard Snyder has given Lavar the cold shoulder. Seems about right to me.

As far as if that impacted how he was treated on the field I don't know, but it was the beginning of strained feelings between some fans and Lavar.

I dont give a sh*t anymore!!!! If the Redskins dont want LA they know how to get rid of him. As of now, he is a Redskin, they are heading to the Playoffs and I am standing behind this WHOLE team and not trying to divide anyone from it.

I think that Snyder has to take some blame, but I have to agree with you here. It's so easy for Lavar to talk about how much being a Redskin means to him and how he's just a loyal soldier getting s**t on, but it was also quite easy for him to go the press several times and trash the organization. He brought this on himself.

With all the love I have for Arrington as a player, that's exactly what I was thinking when he was popping off about how the team no longer marketed him etc. If LaVar thought that he could slander the organization, and by extension Snyder himself, without it having any adverse effect on his working relationship he's beyond naive.

Are you seriously on crack lol?

Arrington only responded harshly after he was not given the money he signed for(dont know the outcome), and then was told he wouldnt get it by Snyder. And he didnt publicly blast snyder much at all. Please get your facts straight rather than spewing that crap, honestly. Whether arrington is in the right or not is one question, but thats just a pack full of lies what you put up there.

How bout you let Gibbs deal with it.

Do you know something the rest of us don't? Who's to say Snyder didn't wrong Lavar first? Does it really matter? There is no reconciling the situation now. Lavar is gone and we'll all move on. Hopefully he doesn't go to a team that we have to play, he might Troy Aikman our QB.

Arrington only responded harshly after he was not given the money he signed for(dont know the outcome), and then was told he wouldnt get it by Snyder. And he didnt publicly blast snyder much at all. Please get your facts straight rather than spewing that crap, honestly. Whether arrington is in the right or not is one question, but thats just a pack full of lies what you put up there.

I'm not sure who you are responding to but it might behoove you to show a little bit more respect to other posters.

If you're not clear on the outcome you may want to search the forum regarding the Arrington contract issue instead of asserting that Arrington was cheated out of money that he was promised.

:applause:

We all don't know what is done and said behind closed doors. I can recall a rumor about Snyder saying something to LC about he would send him a TV to watch the games before he traded him away. I don't know anything more or less than anyone else, however I have my opinions and I think that simply judging by what I have seen and heard that Snyder is underhanded and arrogant! Most filthy rich people I have met are. Regardless whether LaVar was cheated out of 6.5 million or not he was still paid as the highest LB in the NFL. Yes that is a very large sum of money but LaVar needs to count his blessings. He still has youth, wealth and the lifestyle many people would sell thier soul for. He grew up with very meager means and now he resides in a 20K square foot home and brought his brother a home in VA. LaVar nor his family will never want for anything again. But as many people say - the more you have the more you want. That is what is so sad about it all. LaVar was my favorite Redskin and to see how he has handled situations is sad, but then again he was tabbed to be so great! the next coming of LT. All this shoved upon a young immature man. He read papers, watched NFL related shows and he started believing his own hype. There are many reasons as to this downfall and to simply blame LA is wrong we need to blame alot of people including Snyder. As you recall before Gibbs came back Snyder and many of his favorites ran things not the coaching staff so when bad habits are formed they are very hard to break. LaVar needs to give this to God, learn to shut up and play. If he is still the playmaker he once was his efforts will speak far louder than any of his words. Are you all with me on that?

Damn dude you almost made me cry. :applause: :applause:

Good post!

The Snyder angle of this whole thing is blown out of proportion.

Does ANYONE honestly believe even if Snyder passionately despised a player that that would affect whether or not Gibbs/Williams put him in the game? Of course not. The Daniel is NOT calling the shots; time for everyone to stop using our nouveau riche owner as his personal whipping boy. Lavar criticized the COACHES for bringing him back too soon last year (even though he was the one whining to get in) and blamed them for his injury; then he whined mercilessly this year when they refused to let him play before he was back to 100%. Joe Paterno said he was undisciplined, Marvin Lewis said he was the most undisciplined player he'd ever coached, his friend Trotter just implied he was undisciplined... are they all out of step but little Johnny?

It's a real testament to our franchise's recent mediocrity that a player like Arrington, who has done very little on the field when compared to true legends like Manley, Butz, Mann, or Wilbur Marshall, can be fawned and obsessed over by so many fans. If Aikman had thrown the ball away instead on his career ending play, I seriously doubt Arrington would have even a fraction of the reputation he's been resting on.

Using Danny Boy as a whipping post is about as played out as the Joe Pa and Marvin Lewis excuse.

Didn't publicly blast Snyder? Are you kidding me? Where were you when all that went down? Arrington's agents are so notorious they're called the Darth Vaders. Snyder's never cheated a player out of money, and I find it hard to believe he's dumb enough to try to do it to his star player.

Archived