Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could Darrell Green cover Moss 1 on 1 coverage

skinfan2k

obviously darrell green the franchises best db would be able to cover santana moss. the speed of darrell green and the instinct of a tru cover corner could shut down moss.. i would have loved to watch this in practice. do u believe green could cover moss with 1 on 1 coverage

When Darrell Green was in college at Texas A&I, he ran a 10.08 in the 100 meter dash. The only man in the world who ran a faster time that year was.... Carl Lewis. Imagine if Green had trained his entire life as a sprinter. Anyways, yes Green could cover Moss.

Has anyone seen the Chuck Norris thing? Like Chuck Norris doesn't sleep, he waits.

Well, I think we could do one for Darrell Green.

Receivers do not "Burn" Darrell Green. He lets them run by so he can embarrass them on TV with his blazing speed.

DG is the greatest ever, but the advantage usually goes to the WR. The concept is simple: the WR knows where he is going, the DB doesn't. DG was always fast enough and film smart enough to know where guys tended to go. Fresh off the street, I think SM would get DG for a few long balls. Give DG a day or two to watch some film on him, however... I think Moss would generally be shut down. That's saying a lot, as Moss is on the verge of being one of the greatest WR ever should he continue performing at his current level.

I definetely think Green could cover Moss, but not shut him down. Green, atleast while he was playing, was the fastest runner in the NFL. But receivers have a lot of new moves now, so I'd think it would be one hell of a match-up to watch!

Um.. no they don't wtf lol

Green in his prime has covered some of the best WR's in NFL history from Rice, Mike Quick, Roy Green, Irvin.. ect.. even past his prime he covered Randy Moss 1 on 1 and shut him down. 'm sure he would of been up for the challenge if he had to cover Santana head up

He probably could cover him now, I mean today.

Darrell Green was the fastest man in the NFL for over a decade and they stopped the contest because it was no contest with him wining it every year.

If they ever played against each other the forces at work may be enough to cause the planet to implode!

But to answer, yes Green could definitely cover him step for step.

Now if only Antonio Brown had Moss's "hands" skills...oh my! Talk about double your pleasure!

Archived