Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When Gibbs retires, Danny needs to go with him.

TheGuru10

Guru of what???????Have you bothered to realize just how many millions of dollars this guy has donated to charities in and around the DC area.What you also fail to realize is that an owner of a team is much like a player of a team.Hes a rookie,hes gonna make mistakes.He was trying to buy us the fans a championship.Hes learned from his mistakes and the team is looking its best in a very long time.

We agree that the players that are hired ought to be good (duh), but every dollar not spent is a dollar that could have helped the team. Philly's window is pretty much closed now, and the fans will wonder (or should) what was the point of all that cap space when they were so close to the big one for so long.

The Eagles have had a rough year due to injuries but I think they are far from the window closing. They can go out and sign a top named reciever thats on the market, I dont know who is really out there. McNabb should be healthy next year, Westbrook should be healthy next year. Its a team that im still super afraid of.

None of their players are getting that old, its not like they are facing what the Packers are.

Holy crap, you want to see a mess? take me back in time five years, make me owner, and give me a few hundred million to spend on the team I love! I'm a damn smart feller and a lifelong Redskin and I even know a little bit about football and I'll gaurantee you I will F the hell out of everything :laugh:

He just gets glandular about his team. So do I. But remember one thing that makes him different from the rest of us...it really is his team.

I totally agree with you...I'm one of the few that has defended Snyder from the beginning -- not because I agreed with everything he did. But all of us should try to put ourselves in his shoes (if only we could) -- in our mid-thirties, a billionaire, and with the ability to buy a team that we've loved from our childhood -- we'd all probably have been the same way as Snyder. As it is, all I have is three or four fantasy football teams each year, worth a few hundred bucks -- if that by the end of the year.

Lavar is the reason for all of this distraction, not Snyder.

Hail to the Redskins!

The only reason I don't despise Dan Snyder is because he was able to bring back Joe Gibbs. The day Gibbs announced he was coming back I felt like a 10 year old all over again and it was a great couple of days.

But this guy has done nothing more than get in the way of a once proud franchise. JKC built a team that not only won, but was recognized as a class organization. Not anymore!! Most fans from other teams, who used to be envious of how we were run as an organization, now view us as a joke. There is only one man to blame for this.

Dan Snyder was a fan who bought a team and wanted to be friends with the players as an adult just like he did when he was 10 years old. He befriended Steven Davis and sat courtside with him at Wizards games. Same thing with Champ Bailey, Coles, Deion, LaVar, Bruce Smith and a whole lot more. Only to find out that they weren't as excited to be friends with him as he was to be friends with them. He then made things personal with those players and they aren't here anymore. (Except for Bruce, and that's why we were stuck with him for so many years while he wasn't very good).

Gibbs thank god, was also his idol growing up and he's just happy to be friends with Joe and have him back as the coach. With Gibbs running things, Snyder has still screwed some things up(LaVar and Lavern, maybe it's something with the Lav names), but Gibbs has kept him quiet. When Gibbs does go however, Danny should put the for sale sign up and sell the team for a Billion.

He's a shrewd business man, but when it comes to dealing with people, and running an NFL team is a people business, he's failed and failed miserably. I've had it with him and when Joe goes so should Danny.

Now that my vent is over, I hope we crush the Eagles. Living in this area for the last 10 years has been very painful as a Skins fan. I would love nothing more than to walk into WaWa to get myself a celabratory Shortie after the game wearing my Skins jersey with a ****y smirk on my face. It's been a while.

Snyder has not ben as bad as everyone thinks, yes he has not been good but some of our worst years were pre snyder 93,94,95,96,97,98 were all under the prevous owners Snyder came in and listened to the coaches when the coaches sdaid i need better players he got better players. when the coaches said Brain mitchell was to old to play any more he got rid of him. when a coach did not want somebody he made sure they were gone. Now Gibbs runs the show.

I don't deny that $nyder is a fan and he wants to win, but what bugs me is that this marketing genius, already the owner of the most profitable franchise in the NFL, is squeezing every last nickel of out of the fans. For those of you that go to the games, you know what I mean. The only thing that I liked about Fedex Field was the end zone bars with a view. He put seats there. Ticket prices are so outrageous that many, many seat are now owned by corporations. Fedex WILL NEVER be like RFK because so many people there are not diehards, they just got the tickets through work. Beer prices...you can't bring in your own sandwich...parking $$$...and on and on.

I love the Skins...but screw $nyder. And saying that doesn't mean I'm not fired up about this team that I have loved since $nyder was in kindergarden.

Beat the Iggles!

Your timing is impeccable :doh:. Best this team has looked since well before JKC died, an owner who snagged one of the greatest coaches in NFL history and otherwise has been nonexistent for 2 years, and you feel the need for a pointless rant. Congrats.

Let's not give credit where credit is not due. The guy who made the initial call to Joe Gibbs was a minority owner of the Redskins -- his name is Dwight Schar. But I agree the timing of this thread is a little off.

Snyder = Sucks. Other than the fact that he opens up his wallet, he acts like a little baby!! I mean what he said to Coles (I do not like Coles either). Owners are not suppose to do. Smoot, Pierce, Bailey, none of them had a good work to say about hime. Stay behind the scenes and keep you mouth shut. Hopefully he has learned a few things.

I understand how you feel. Folks are willing to forget the blunders b/c Gibbx is here now and things are turning around. But what about, the firing of Norv b4 the season ended, not even giving Robiskie (spelling) a shot, firing Marty who went 8-8 his first yr here for an unproven lame run &shoot offense running coach, the Sanders/Smith circus and the millions still spent on players WHO R NOT HERE. Plus, inside word is, he's a real ******* to work for. So, I agree with you.

"Good lord man, you are talking about stuff from 3-4 years ago

Seriously, these guys get paid millions of dollars to play a damn game

And you are sitting here whining because of how the owner, the guy with the checkbook treats these overgrown millionaire babies

Seriously, what a joke."

oh please. the same owner who rakes in millions from the fans. it's a business bud. anyone who thinks Snyder isn't calculating bottom line in all of this is niaive in the extreme.

to be honest...I don't fault him for that... it is a business afterall and he has bills to pay which the fans are apparently willing to fund. he is trying.

the mara comment above is more interesting to me and gets closer to where I have been drifting lo these many years: from what we have seen publicly the years he has been at the helm.....there is nothing that really strikes me as elevating this man above the madding crowd. there is nothing I have read or heard that really dignifies him as someone possessed of special and noble qualities. as I see it on the board...his greatest qualities are that he loves the Skins and is willing to spend bucks. ok...that is nice and good for us as fans. but I see nothing in the man's character or actions that inspire admiration and command respect. that's ok also - not every owner has to be a unique individual possessed of enobling qualities first and an owner second.

I think Snyder's a great owner. He's at least top 10. I don't like the ticket prices or some of the stadium stuff but I don't go to the games anyway so that doesn't bug me too much, besides every stadium has costly ticket prices.

I think he's learning a lot and doing great standing behind the scenes and letting Gibbs run his show. He'll learn his lesson after Gibbs retires and will never be a meddler again.

Wellington Mara's sterling reputation was developed over 75 years in the sport. Snyder has been in the sport for about 7 years. And to his credit, in those 7 years Snyder has shown an ability to evolve and learn from his mistakes. Some people never do. I'm confident that Snyder is currently in the process of "getting it right."

It was a different game for Mara for 65 of those 75 years. The NFL has changed markedly over the past 10-15 years. There isn't the same competitve advantage there once was for the big market teams. As an owner, you need to hire the right people and get out of the way. I feel Snyder did that 2 years ago when he brought Gibbs on.

"Wellington Mara's sterling reputation was developed over 75 years in the sport. Snyder has been in the sport for about 7 years. And to his credit, in those 7 years Snyder has shown an ability to evolve and learn from his mistakes. Some people never do. I'm confident that Snyder is currently in the process of "getting it right."

It was a different game for Mara for 65 of those 75 years. The NFL has changed markedly over the past 10-15 years. There isn't the same competitve advantage there once was for the big market teams. As an owner, you need to hire the right people and get out of the way. I feel Snyder did that 2 years ago when he brought Gibbs on."

the respect an individual earns isn't driven by a game. it finds its source in the nature of his character; the expression of and adherence to his principles; the dexterity and depth of his relationships; the respect he demonstrates toward subordinants as well as peers..........none of these have anything to do with football....football only provides a stage for us to see these traits illuminated in high relief........these are fundamental qualities that don't change over night...in fact...they rarely change once adulthood is reached.

as for the owner putting us in a position to win...he hired Joe Gibbs and that is a feat worthy of accolades. The team, Joe and staff did all the rest.

JKC did not build a winning franchise. Joe Gibbs did, don't forget that. It seems that Snyder is taking the same approach that JKC did during Gibbs 1. Which was, hands off you guide us to the promised land.

You don't see or hear much from Snyder in the media do you? That's because he has taken the hands off approach.

When you build the wealthiest sports franchise in history let me know, but until then answer these questions for me:

1. Why do you have a problem with Dan Snyder? (Answer with detailed examples)

2. Would you rather have Peter Angelos, Abe Polin or Ted Leonsis as an owner?

TheGuru10, get off the man's back. No, Daniel Snyder is not Jack Kent Cooke. No one can be. However, if you believe that Mr. Snyder isn't the best owner for this team, you have got to be kidding yourself. When Coach Gibbs decides to hang up his whistle forever, then he's the President of the Washington Redskins. Meanning, Coach Gibbs, will be getting the talent. Mr. Snyder will just sign checks.

A free pass? Are you serious? Dan Snyder has been hit below the belt -- albeit some of it deserved -- since the day he took over the franchise. He has made some mistakes, part of learning on the job, but his dedication to the team is unmatched amongst owners. He has learned from Coach Gibbs the last two seasons and will learn much more in the next three. I am convinced he is the only owner who could have brought back Gibbs.

TheGuru10, get off the man's back. No, Daniel Snyder is not Jack Kent Cooke. No one can be. However, if you believe that Mr. Snyder isn't the best owner for this team, you have got to be kidding yourself. When Coach Gibbs decides to hang up his whistle forever, then he's the President of the Washington Redskins. Meanning, Coach Gibbs, will be getting the talent. Mr. Snyder will just sign checks.

First let me clarify the intent of my topic. If taken one way I can see some people's points that it is with poor timing. Fortunately, ESPN isn't reporting nationally on topics from this message board, so I doubt it's creating a distraction.

However, the point of my topic is, how many times do we have to invest in a player, both emotionally and financially, to see some petty personal problem with Snyder have that player driven away. We've lost some pretty good players over the years b/c of Snyder's inability to deal with player's ego's and put his own to the side. This whole LaVar situation is a perfect example. There is not a player who is a starter on this team who doesn't have an ego. Some are larger than others as in LaVar's case. However, if Snyder, would learn how to stroke someones ego, like Gibbs does, this wouldn't be a distraction to the team right now at the worst possible time. Snyder could have prevented this last year. He could have prevented it this year by talking to LaVar, not telling him "Don't talk to me" when he was approached. That type of attitude, which has been prevelant in this organization since he took over has lost us players like Bailey, Davis, Trotter, Smoot, Pierce and now Arrington. When does it end.

My intent wasn't to post a thread off topic, however, I see it as being on topic b/c the one man who could have created a distraction free atmosphere, especially this distraction at this time, was Snyder, and he failed in that capacity.

Archived