Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When Gibbs retires, Danny needs to go with him.

TheGuru10

The only reason I don't despise Dan Snyder is because he was able to bring back Joe Gibbs. The day Gibbs announced he was coming back I felt like a 10 year old all over again and it was a great couple of days.

But this guy has done nothing more than get in the way of a once proud franchise. JKC built a team that not only won, but was recognized as a class organization. Not anymore!! Most fans from other teams, who used to be envious of how we were run as an organization, now view us as a joke. There is only one man to blame for this.

Dan Snyder was a fan who bought a team and wanted to be friends with the players as an adult just like he did when he was 10 years old. He befriended Steven Davis and sat courtside with him at Wizards games. Same thing with Champ Bailey, Coles, Deion, LaVar, Bruce Smith and a whole lot more. Only to find out that they weren't as excited to be friends with him as he was to be friends with them. He then made things personal with those players and they aren't here anymore. (Except for Bruce, and that's why we were stuck with him for so many years while he wasn't very good).

Gibbs thank god, was also his idol growing up and he's just happy to be friends with Joe and have him back as the coach. With Gibbs running things, Snyder has still screwed some things up(LaVar and Lavern, maybe it's something with the Lav names), but Gibbs has kept him quiet. When Gibbs does go however, Danny should put the for sale sign up and sell the team for a Billion.

He's a shrewd business man, but when it comes to dealing with people, and running an NFL team is a people business, he's failed and failed miserably. I've had it with him and when Joe goes so should Danny.

Now that my vent is over, I hope we crush the Eagles. Living in this area for the last 10 years has been very painful as a Skins fan. I would love nothing more than to walk into WaWa to get myself a celabratory Shortie after the game wearing my Skins jersey with a ****y smirk on my face. It's been a while.

Yeah Snyder has his faults, maybe he does become involved too much but there is one thing that make him a GREAT owner:

He is a fan.

Unlike some owners, he is willing to open the checkbook and get what the team needs. Granted in the past he has made the wrong moves but I cannot overstate how invaluable it is to have an owner who is willing to spend.

Would you rather have an owner like the 49ers have? An owner who doesn't want to upgrade his team. I saw on OTL that they charge players for gatorade...

All Dan Snyder has done is spent billions on making this team great again!!! What the hail more can you ask from an owner then to spend the money he has to give us fans another champion team.

I am so sick of people always freaking crying about something!!! We are about to hit the dayum playoffs and all people are worried about is dayum drama, grow the **** up people and support your team instead of bashing it for once, Jesus :doh:

I do agree that our view of Snyder pre-Gibbs and post-Gibbs is like night and day. Not many fans liked how Snyder was running the team until he hired Joe Gibbs to return this franchise to meaningful football. That was almost exactly 2 years ago.

But like how Gregg Williams said that working with Joe Gibbs has taught him to be a better coach and person, I also think this is true with Snyder.

Snyder, working with Gibbs first-hand, these past two years has learned a lot from Gibbs, and has gained more knowledge and wisdom on how to run a pro football team.

Stupid doesn't learn from mistakes, and Snyder definately isn't stupid. He's a self made man. I think he was just a little too eager to get the Redskins to win right away his first 4 years. Now he knows how to do it, from Gibbs.

Your timing is impeccable :doh:. Best this team has looked since well before JKC died, an owner who snagged one of the greatest coaches in NFL history and otherwise has been nonexistent for 2 years, and you feel the need for a pointless rant. Congrats.

He must be looking for a job at the Post or the Times.

;)

Yeah Snyder has his faults, maybe he does become involved too much but there is one thing that make him a GREAT owner:

He is a fan.

Unlike some owners, he is willing to open the checkbook and get what the team needs. Granted in the past he has made the wrong moves but I cannot overstate how invaluable it is to have an owner who is willing to spend.

Would you rather have an owner like the 49ers have? An owner who doesn't want to upgrade his team. I saw on OTL that they charge players for gatorade...

I'd probably like a balance. I want someone who is fiscally sane so we have cap flexibility while also wanting to win. I want someone who his players respect. For example, look at the outpouring of emotion for Wellington Mara upon his passing. Do you think Snyder would get that same kind of love from his players? Doubt it. I also doubt he'll ever sell this team. I just hope he learns some things from Gibbs and I also hope he buys the pictures that Vinny has been blackmailing him with over the years and he just gets rid of him too.

Your timing is impeccable :doh:. Best this team has looked since well before JKC died, an owner who snagged one of the greatest coaches in NFL history and otherwise has been nonexistent for 2 years, and you feel the need for a pointless rant. Congrats.

Actually, I think my timing is perfect since this whole distraction that is LaVar Arrington was made b/c of the childish actions of Dan Snyder. If Snyder had managed this situation better from the beggining, as soon as the contract disput happened, we wouldn't be having this problem right now. And that's a fact.

I must follow a different team as you do if Dan Snyder has been nonexistent for 2 years. I'll call him now and see if he'll send me the TV he was going to send Coles.

I'd probably like a balance. I want someone who is fiscally sane so we have cap flexibility while also wanting to win. I want someone who his players respect. For example, look at the outpouring of emotion for Wellington Mara upon his passing. Do you think Snyder would get that same kind of love from his players? Doubt it.

I too have often wondered why there aren't more messiahs owning professional sports teams.

Gibbs is back. He has full control. And you still want to harp about Snyder's sins 3 years back... prior to Gibbs?

Players can redeem themselves on the very next play. Coaches the following season. But owners.... some of them still pay for sins 20 years later.

Actually, I think my timing is perfect since this whole distraction that is LaVar Arrington was made b/c of the childish actions of Dan Snyder. If Snyder had managed this situation better from the beggining, as soon as the contract disput happened, we wouldn't be having this problem right now. And that's a fact.

I must follow a different team as you do if Dan Snyder has been nonexistent for 2 years. I'll call him now and see if he'll send me the TV he was going to send Coles.

Probably can't get a tv, but you might be able to procure a couple of gallons of vanilla ice cream.

Holy crap, you want to see a mess? take me back in time five years, make me owner, and give me a few hundred million to spend on the team I love! I'm a damn smart feller and a lifelong Redskin and I even know a little bit about football and I'll gaurantee you I will F the hell out of everything :laugh:

So I don't hold it against Dan, though his moves have pissed me off at times. I understand. I don't ask that he stop being human even now. I just want to see him control any potentially damaging or ill-advised interferring impulses and I think Gibbs presence and Dan's growth with experience as an owner is the answer. He is one awfully smart and basically decent fellow from all neutral reports and evidence. He just gets glandular about his team. So do I. But remember one thing that makes him different from the rest of us...it really is his team.

The owner's job is to use his money unlike teams like Minny and Philly. He has done that.

Philly has done okay I would say, and have always had enough cap room to sign anyone they like. Its not how much money you spend on players, its how smart you use your money on players.

Snyder was a bum for a long time. Now when the team starts playing good you wanna crucify him? He spends money and lets the people who know football run the show, that's all you can ask. At least he seems to be getting better, hopefully signing Lavar to a ridiculous contract is the last football decision he's involved in.

Philly has done okay I would say, and have always had enough cap room to sign anyone they like. Its not how much money you spend on players, its how smart you use your money on players.

We agree that the players that are hired ought to be good (duh), but every dollar not spent is a dollar that could have helped the team. Philly's window is pretty much closed now, and the fans will wonder (or should) what was the point of all that cap space when they were so close to the big one for so long.

All Dan Snyder has done is spent billions on making this team great again!!! What the hail more can you ask from an owner then to spend the money he has to give us fans another champion team.

I am so sick of people always freaking crying about something!!! We are about to hit the dayum playoffs and all people are worried about is dayum drama, grow the **** up people and support your team instead of bashing it for once, Jesus :doh:

:laugh: :cheers: I like your style.

Archived