Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seahawks 2nd best in the leauge (Please)

CrypticVillain

I know we are not in the playoffs, we can lose to the Eagles and be short, but I just got to get this off my chest.

The Seahawks had a lucky schedule this year. They play in the weakest division in the leauge, They played the AFC south, They snuck one pass the Cowboys and Giants, They murderd the Eagles without Mcnabb and T.O. They caught the Colts at a terrible time, and to top it off they play The Packers. You see what happen when they play teams that is on thier game or somewhat. The Jaguars gave it to them, and they could not even score 20 on us. For people to say that the Seahawks are good is some bull and they know it. There is no one on the whole Extreme Skins who can prove me wrong.

The Seahawks are overrated. Do not come here bringing that weak stuff bout the two games they lost was on the east coast. Man the Giants and Cowboys and Falcons went to thier house and gave it to them. And those are not East Coast teams. If they run into teams like us and the Bears I am telling they will not win. Bears and Skins shut down Offenses. If you make Seattle Pass more then they run you will win the games because thier WR sucks. They are not physical receivers and if Mike Brown and Sean Taylor are on the field with them it can make them look like Michal Jackson in a room with grown ladies, NO GAME. So next time you say they are the 2nd best team in the NFL look deeper then Wins and Loseses. Um out like the Seahawks in the second round.

statistically, the seahawks have had THE easiest schedule in the NFL.

beat 10 losing teams (or will, once they beat the packers this weekend)

beat the giants and cowboys in OVERTIME

beat the falcons w/o vick for the whole game

beat the colts w/o their coach, harrison, or manning for the whole game

lost to two teams with winning records

all fact.

absolutely agreed man! You know why, b/c lemme tell you guys, if we git to play the Rams, 49ers, and Cardinals TWICE!!!!!!, then we'd be considered the best team in the league too. Seahawks are def. overrated, and if you shut down the run (as we did), and force them to pass, they are useless, b/c their recievers stink.

I agree. They are overrated.

I hope we get to play them in the NFC Championship game...

Unless the Giants develop a bad case of Norvousness, we would Seattle in the 2nd round of the playoffs, providing we get past Philly and the Giants or Bucs.

That's total BS that you can think that since a team has an easy schedule, they don't deserve to be highly regarded for a good record. They've lost 2 games this whole season, that's really good. They deserve credit for that great record, 2nd place can be defended because of that record.

We were called "the worst undefeated team ever" when we were 3-0 because we supposedly had an easy schedule. Remember how many people here were outraged?

I promised myself I wasn't going to let you guys trick me into coming off as some closet sea-squawk fan :silly: as i keep reading all these "I know" posts from people who really do the same thing they criticize the media for doing---parroting bandwagon opinions based on a schedule as opposed to really knowing the team they're discussing.

They may indeed choke, but I've watched these guys for twenty years, and they have by a margin the best team they've ever had, better than the Bears, Panthers, and the Bucs, and they have the talent to beat anybody but a fully-firing Indy...and us :D .

I don't think anyone really knows (mediots and pundits included) what to make of the Seahawks...mostly because they do play in a weak division and as it turns out have had a pretty easy schedule. That being said, I think that both Chicago and the Redskins have the best chance of beating the Seahawks because of our ability to shut Alexander down, and put the load on Hasselbeck - thereby making Seattle one-dimensional.

Jumbo, you live in Seattle so I'll take your word for it they're good...but, do you think they could go on the road to Chicago and beat them, or do you think they're a Super Bowl team just because they have homefield?

Dammit, TheSteve :laugh: , now I'm still talking good about another team that I'm usually tormenting the locals endlessly about :evil:

Nah, I'm really not that hard on the locals...usually...besides, I are one.

Honestly yes, if they don't choke, which even with Holmgren they've done oin the past (last season). They think they're finally over that, and I think they're right. Talent and coaching-wise? Ab-so-f'in-lutely they can go to Chi town and take them down. I'm not putting them above the same fate that can befall ALMOST any NFL tean (the 'any given day' thing) but I will say only the Giants at their very best, or us, will beat them in the NFC.

And I usually refuse to look ahead, but I'll let ya in on something: if it's us they face, they're scared. They're convinced we have had their number for awhile. believe me, I know :D They local radio/print guys and fans in general are not ****y about beating the other top teams but they're confident, except when it comes to us. But one thing at a time, mi amigo.

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

I own property south of Seattle, and only go to games when the Skins or Chiefs come to town :D (HATE the fans of the area; very fairweather). That being said:

Hasselbeck is a good enough QB to manage the game and make fairly reliable throws.

The WR corps is average, but will make short yardage fairly reliably.

Shawn Alexander is a very, very good RB, and might be the best in the league right now.

Part of SA being a great RB is having a good O-line, especially on the left side where he likes to run.

Their D-corps is young, fairly fast, and fairly good. Not great, but learning.

The point of this half-hearted defense of the Seahawks is that they have enough tools to give anybody in the league a decent game. If you don't take them seriously, they will score on you. Then, it becomes an AFC style shootout to lock up a win. I believe that the Skins will hand them their tailfeathers, even at Qwest field, but it won't necessarily be easy. Just take them seriously enough to put a foot in their butt crack. :D

That's total BS that you can think that since a team has an easy schedule, they don't deserve to be highly regarded for a good record. They've lost 2 games this whole season, that's really good. They deserve credit for that great record, 2nd place can be defended because of that record.

We were called "the worst undefeated team ever" when we were 3-0 because we supposedly had an easy schedule. Remember how many people here were outraged?

Yes and look at the teams we beat when we were 3-0.

The Bears, hmmmmmmm how are they doing now?

The Cowboys, I can't say anything good about the Cowboys, I just ate.

The Seahawks, the team this whole discussion is about.

Do the Seahawks have to apologize for their scheduel? Of cource not, but are they as good as their record? I would say absolutely not.

I liken it to a decent college team in a bad conference that goes undefeated or has a 10-1 record, a TCU like team.

Sure its all well and good that they are 10-1 but we all know if they were in the SEC or the ACC they would be lucky to go 6-5.

The Seahawks are a playoff team and are pretty good, but they are not 14-2 good. Very fortunate scheduel.

Umm didn't we just barely beat them at home? I think they're pretty solid in all phases just like the Skins, with a bruising running back.

You're pretty much making the point of the people that don't think the Seahawks are as good as a 13-2 record indicates.

If I read you correctly you are saying the Redskins and Seahawks are pretty equal.

Well the Redskins are 9-6 and the Seahawks are 13-2.

You see what i'm getting at?

My only beef with the Seahawks is that people think they are a NFL power house. They always choke and they will do it again this year if not to us they have to play the Bears or Bucs. Teams with D. I am just saying most of thier wins were flukes just like some of our games. The onlything different now is that we turned it on at the right time. They have calmed down. If they think they can go to the playoffs expecting to roll ocer the other 5 playoff teams like they did the NFC West they better wake up and realize that the NFC is back.

Archived