Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we win the super bowl would Brunell retire?

smashmowf

I agree he still has a year left, but if we won the SB it would be the perfect time for him to bow out. He knows its inevitable, and why would he risk stinking it up and going out like Farve when he go out on top.

for the double if, if he does retire if we win the superbowl then I think that locks Ramsey with us. There would be no trade worth getting rid of Ramsey at that point. Ramsey is a very capable QB and knows the system.

Geez, thats kind of harsh...

I was kidding of course, I would simply be so excited that it wouldn't really matter to me if Mark Brunell came back. That would be four rings with four QBs for Gibbs. I think it doesn't really matter who plays as long as they trust Gibb's system. Nothing against Brunell.

It would make for a very positive exit from the NFL, but I don't see it happening. I see him playing 1 more year in the NFL as a starter and maybe he will retire as a Redskin after the 2006 season. However he would be a very good tutor to some team trying to bring in young qb. However it would cost too much for us to keep him past next season if the salary cap still existed.

The answer seems obvious to me. If we win the Super Bowl then we should do everything we can to keep the guys who won it. If Brunnell wins it, I want him back.

That's if you believe that another year on that body and another swoon because the QB goes into funks and doesn't look at the whole field and limits the offense is something worth seeing in 2006.

That's if you believe that another year on that body and another swoon because the QB goes into funks and doesn't look at the whole field and limits the offense is something worth seeing in 2006.

Hmm. I just don't believe in breaking up good teams. Case in point: The Ravens won the Super Bowl in 2000 and cut their starting QB in the offseason. They haven't won many playoff games since then and are still looking for a good QB.

If we win the SB then Mark Brunell can jump off a cliff for all I care. I'll be set to see J. Campbell take the reigns.

Wow... kindof cold doncha think?

Personally, I'm not ready for JC to take the reigns for a full season.. haven't seen enough of him yet. Ramsey would probably be the next fit and try to get JC some reps.

Archived