Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please - No Gatorade!

sydshobob

Should the Skins be fortunate enough to win this weekend - and I'm confident they will - I pray to the football gods to bestow some good sense on the Redskins players and see that they forego the "traditional" gatorade bath for Joe Gibbs. Sadly, I'm afraid my prayers will be ignored.

First of all, the Giants :gaintsuck created the idea, and we should never have to borrow schtick from them. Second, it's already killed one legendary Redskins coach, why risk another. Third, beating the Eagles means nothing. The playoffs are just an invitation to the ball.

Can someone please get the message to Portis and Arrington? I see them as being the jug-bearers.

First of all, the Giants :gaintsuck created the idea, and we should never have to borrow schtick from them. Second, it's already killed one legendary Redskins coach, why risk another. Third, beating the Eagles means nothing. The playoffs are just an invitation to the ball.

Can someone please get the message to Portis and Arrington? I see them as being the jug-bearers.

1. it thought KC inveted it when they won the superbowl way back when...didn't they havea gatorade commercial about that

2. Who did it kill?

It killed George Allen, caught pneumonia(sp) and died after a ice water bath.

Former Redskins coach George Allen contracted pneumonia in 1990 and died, a few weeks after his Long Beach State players dumped ice water on his head. Some say that may have contributed to his death, though an autopsy listed the cause as cardiac arrest resulting from an irregular heartbeat.

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstorync/stories/121703cpcowexlede.6204a.html

Figures this would be on a cowbiy site. :doh:

1. it thought KC inveted it when they won the superbowl way back when...didn't they havea gatorade commercial about that

2. Who did it kill?

KC used Gatorade and credited it in Sports Illustrated for helping them win Super Bowl IV.

George Allen contracted pneumonia in 1990 and died, a few weeks after his Long Beach State players dumped ice water on his head. Some say that may have contributed to his death, though an autopsy listed the cause as cardiac arrest resulting from an irregular heartbeat.

some people worry too much

Come on, the guy isn't a spring chicken, he has had heart problems and it's winter. My dad is his age and I wouldn't want anyone dumping ice cold Gatoraid on him either.

At the Dallas game it was like 100 degrees so it wasn't a big deal. I agree the guys should show some restraint and just give him a big hug or put him up on shoulders instead.

Come on, the guy isn't a spring chicken, he has had heart problems and it's winter. My dad is his age and I wouldn't want anyone dumping ice cold Gatoraid on him either.

At the Dallas game it was like 100 degrees so it wasn't a big deal. I agree the guys should show some restraint and just give him a big hug or put him up on shoulders instead.

Its also 2005 and we have this stuff called Gortex.

Its really great stuff.

Its also 2005 and we have this stuff called Gortex.

Its really great stuff.

Sorry but if someone pours a 10 gallon bucket of ice cold anything on your head in cold weather gortex is not going to stop the shock to your system. It will just run down your back and under your cloths anyway.

I hope Bubba really did put a ban on this.

KC used Gatorade and credited it in Sports Illustrated for helping them win Super Bowl IV.

George Allen contracted pneumonia in 1990 and died, a few weeks after his Long Beach State players dumped ice water on his head. Some say that may have contributed to his death, though an autopsy listed the cause as cardiac arrest resulting from an irregular heartbeat.

But, what contributed to it was that he left on those wet clothes on a cold day. I was hoping they wouldn't douse Gibbs with the Gatorade if we'd won Super Bowl XXVI.

Archived