Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike and Mike on Espn...

Fan4life

I know it is going to sound cliche' but you really have to play every single week as if it is the only game on your schedule. Can we win one game on the road against any team in the NFC? Winning three in a row on the road (four if you count this week as a playoff game which in effect it is) is extremely tough. But winning any single game is less daunting. Win and advance.

Now that being said, which road game this year would be the one that you would point to and say "Wow, we really played well"?

1. Dallas-nope

2. Denver-nope

3. KC-nope

4. Giants-absolutely nope

5. Tampa Bay-nope

6. St. Louis-nope

7. Arizona-nope

Are you kidding me? I am sorry to say but when you win then you play well enough to win. As for the road games we played well but didn't win, you have to chalk up the Denver game, the Kansas City game, the Tampa Bay game as one of those games.

Here is how it is most likely going to play out.

NFC Seeding

Seattle

Chicago

Tampa Bay

NY Giants

Carolina

Washington

We would see the Bucs in Tampa in the first round. I know all of us would love to see that. We beat them once we can surely beat them again.

Then we would go on the road to play Seattle because we are the lowest remaining seed and they are the highest. We beat them once we can surely do it again.

That would leave us most likely playing Chicago for the NFC champoinship game. Assuming Chicago gets by Carolina. They beat them before so they should beat them again.

We beat Chicago before and we can surely do it again. You see the common thread here is that we could potentialy and likely play three teams we have already beaten. I know we didn't really beat Tampa but we all know that Alstump was down.

Why the hell shouldn't this team have SB asperations. I do, I want to see Joe Gibbs hand it to Peyton Manning in Detroit. You gotta believe.

Exactly.

At this point, we're of course getting ahead of ourselves. But if we're not asking, "Why not us?", then we're selling ourselves short. We've got work to do, but that work can most certainly be done successfully.

Are you kidding me? I am sorry to say but when you win then you play well enough to win. As for the road games we played well but didn't win, you have to chalk up the Denver game, the Kansas City game, the Tampa Bay game as one of those games.

You can't have it both ways. You can't say when you win you play well enough to win and then say we played well in losses.

jrockster hit the nail on the head. We have played very well in certain areas in every road game except the Giants game when the whole team pooped the bed. We have yet to play a complete game like we did at home against the 49ers, Cowboys and Giants.

Our offense looked really good against the Broncos, Chiefs and Bucs but still made numerous mistakes that caused the team to lose. Against the Cowboys, Cardinals and Rams the offense struggled yet the defense played well enough to let the team overcome its mistakes.

We can probably win this weekend even if we don't play our best but the road has not been kind so far.

Archived