Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Leaving Dallas!!! Headed Home!!!

New

Well after a year here in the land of texmex and brisquet, traffic from hell, and of course the hated cowgirls (oh and they love their cowgirls), my wife and I are picking up and heading back home to Charlotte N.C. (5 hr drive time to FEDEX!!!)

A few observations; Cowboys fans here in Dallas arent the problem, it's the ones not from Texas that give them a bad reputation. It is hotter than hell here. Texas Stadium is a DUMP!!! Texans truly believe their state and by assoc. themselves are really something special, why I still havent figured out. Friday Night Lights aint a joke around here and sports radio isnt really sports radio here, its cowgirl talk, 24 seven, talk about torture, except after each of the two SKINS victories!!!

The Burgandy and Gold Club at Austins Ave. in Plano was truly an Oasis in purgatory, Thx to all the members, many of which are members of this site. You all made us feel welcome and were great to be associated with!

Best memory of Dallas. Being in Texas stadium for the last 4 minutes of MNF in week 2, can you say PRICELESS!!!

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Well after a year here in the land of texmex and brisquet, traffic from hell, and of course the hated cowgirls (oh and they love their cowgirls), my wife and I are picking up and heading back home to Charlotte N.C. (5 hr drive time to FEDEX!!!)

A few observations; Cowboys fans here in Dallas arent the problem, it's the ones not from Texas that give them a bad reputation. It is hotter than hell here. Texas Stadium is a DUMP!!! Texans truly believe their state and by assoc. themselves are really something special, why I still havent figured out. Friday Night Lights aint a joke around here and sports radio isnt really sports radio here, its cowgirl talk, 24 seven, talk about torture, except after each of the two SKINS victories!!!

The Burgandy and Gold Club at Austins Ave. in Plano was truly an Oasis in purgatory, Thx to all the members, many of which are members of this site. You all made us feel welcome and were great to be associated with!

Best memory of Dallas. Being in Texas stadium for the last 4 minutes of MNF in week 2, can you say PRICELESS!!!

So from reading your post you don't like the state of Texas and the people that live there because of there pride for there state??

People have this idea that Cowboys fans are bandwagon fans. Maybe true in some areas, but here in Dallas we have a good fan base. Most of our fans are not violent or abrasive like Philly or Oakland fans, but we love our Cowboys. Texas Stadium is a dump. It is very hard to play on as well. We are proud to be Texans, and I am not sure what is wrong with that. 5 High School State Championship teams came from the Dallas Metroplex this year. Football is huge here, always has been. It was very quiet the last 4 minutes of the Monday night game, except for the occasional rowdy Skins fan.

I don't understand some of the hatred you guys have for us fans, but I would bet it isn't because of the fans here in Dallas. I am excited about renewing the rivalry in meaningful games and I expect as long as Gibbs and Parcells remain the teams will be in contention. I know that a win for the Eagles would give us a chance at the playoffs, but I don't see that happening. Good luck in the playoffs and REPRESENT the NFC East.

So, what was the mood like in that stadium after the two touchdown passes?

SILENCE!!! It was beautiful, we sat through 3.5 qtrs of some jackass yelling at the top of his lungs in our ears, then BAM! The first touchdown, was like holy $hit, did that just happen. Then BAM! Holy $hit, it happened again. All we could do is laugh and start giving out the high fives and hugs all around!!! It was the best walk out of a stadium I've ever experienced. Didnt have to say a thing. Just listen to the SILENCE!!!

So from reading your post you don't like the state of Texas and the people that live there because of there pride for there state??

Fair enough, although wouldnt go so far as to say I dont like the people (in fact I made an effort to give homegrown cowboy fans their props). As for State Pride, guess you're one of the ones I cant figure out, huh? As the old saying goes guess you had to be there. Well, I have and still cant figure it out, but in about 24 hours I wont have to waste anymore time trying to. HTTR!

I was there for the MNF game, We were being bombarded by their fans up to the last 4 minutes :D .. After the 1st TD they all said well we give you this one... After the 2nd TD.. Place went so quite you could hear a pin drop. I was very impressed by the Redskins fans that turned out, there must have been over 15,000 fans in the stands.. Something about their fans though, they were all nice to us, even after the game ;) .

This must be Jeff. Great to hear you are coming home, "S" and Tim will be glad. Any time you want to come up and stay at my place and need game tickets, let me know. Welcome back, Andy B

BUUUUUURRRRRDDDD!!! What's up brother! I'll be seeing ya in the future, you can bank on it! I'm jealous to think you were sitting in the stands at the remake of Custers last stand a.k.a. REDSKINS 35 Girls 7!!! It will be good to get home. We've already warmed up the old seats at Picasso's the last few weeks in Charlotte, looking forward to sealing the deal on Sunday!

BUUUUUURRRRRDDDD!!! What's up brother! I'll be seeing ya in the future, you can bank on it! I'm jealous to think you were sitting in the stands at the remake of Custers last stand a.k.a. REDSKINS 35 Girls 7!!! It will be good to get home. We've already warmed up the old seats at Picasso's the last few weeks in Charlotte, looking forward to sealing the deal on Sunday!

I'm already nervous about Sunday, please just win baby

even after going to the skins/cowboys game in fedex, i dont really hate dallas fans anymore. The ones in our section were fans, and they werent belligerent (then again, some were with redskins fan friends or with kids, so maybe it was alright). Then I just hear that fans in Dallas are annoying at all either. I kinda respect the Dallas fans now, I mean, Ill always hate the team, but the fans are die hards.

Philly and New York seem to take the cake of worst fans in the NFC East

even after going to the skins/cowboys game in fedex, i dont really hate dallas fans anymore. The ones in our section were fans, and they werent belligerent (then again, some were with redskins fan friends or with kids, so maybe it was alright). Then I just hear that fans in Dallas are annoying at all either. I kinda respect the Dallas fans now, I mean, Ill always hate the team, but the fans are die hards.

Philly and New York seem to take the cake of worst fans in the NFC East

I totally agree on this point. I went to the Dallas game and only met a few belligerent fans. The ones sitting near me were all nice and we shook hands after the game.

At the Giants game, almost every fan of theirs I saw was acting like a jerk and the one sitting directly in front of me almost got punched multiple times by several people.

Those two games definitely changed my perception of Dallas and NY fans..

:gaintsuck

It's not Texas it's DALLAS! The people in that town are all stuck up pretend like there RICH and dress like there going to the prom when going to the grocery store. That's why the people in Houston can't stand the people or the cowgirls. Don't give TEXAS a bad name because of those LOSERS in Dallas!! :dallasuck

I live in a suburb of Dallas. You have just described a small portion of the residents here. I agree with you about them, I hate the yuppie attitude as well, but most Dallas area residents are not that way. Just stay away from SMU and that area and you will find good people.

Archived