Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll - Did Ramsey's trade value go up this past weekend?

SkinzRool

Do you think that Patrick Ramsey performed well enough against the Giants to boost his value for a possible off-season trade? I know he was only 5/7 for 104 yds and 1 TD (on another spectacular play by Moss), but more importantly was the fact that he had zero turnovers and zero sacks in almost an entire half of play. He made plays when he had to in a huge game that meant a great deal to the Redskins and their fans.

Most people on this site believed before Saturday that Patrick was worth about a fouth round pick. Personally, I don't think we should trade him unless we can get at least a second round pick. He may not constitute that kind of value elsewhere, but he means quite a bit to this franchise. Brunell isn't getting any younger, and I think Gibbs would like to sit Campbell for another year before forcing him into action. That to me is reason enough to hold onto Ramsey. :2cents:

What are your thoughts?

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

There is enough game footage of PR that other NFL teams will be able to make an accurate assesment of what tehy feel he's worth. Now if PR plays Sunday and in the playoffs and plays good football, then he'll increase his value but a good half won't do it.

But don't you think that the Skins can say that he's learned how to minimize his mistakes over the course of the season eventhough he hasn't played much? Don't forget that Gibbs and his staff had to completely reteach Ramsey how to play QB since Spurrier corrupted him for his first two years in the league.

I do not understand the Trade Ramsey and Start Campbell next year. The team is on a Roll, whether we beat the Eagles or not or make the Playoffs you have to be very optimistic next year! Why would you want to trade Ramsey and have Brunnell 37 go down and have Jason Campbell run the offense. That would kill us not to have a proven back up just as ramsey proved last week. Do you think Campbell would have been ready to do that!!!! Starting Campbell Next year will be death. His inexperience will cost us 3 to 4 games and you see how hard it is to even get into the playoffs with a 10-6 record. Why would we want the Offense to step back instead of forward. The eagles will be back next year, Eli will be Better and Cowpukes will be even better with there young offensive line getting better. Why would we want to down grade our offense by starting a rookie. I agree with the scouts from other teams and the NFL that campbell has alot of talent and will be great but he cmae from Auburn and his numbers were not all that great and he had two of the greatest backs in college behind him with and incredible offensive line! Plus many considered him a college bust until the End of his Junior year and into his Senior year. I think he will be great but that is at least two years away, Let him Back up rmasey Next year and let Brunnell rework his contract and be the mentor to both Ramsey and Campbell

Ramseys profile including cap implications

Where else are you going to get a backup or a starter for 1.3 million agaisnt the cap next year! If anything they need to restructure Brunnell for next year. I just do not beleive Brunnell can last a full season and be productive, I think Ramsey will Start next year and Brunell will resign an restructure to be the backup and tutor Ramsey and Campbell leaving the Redskins with a great Setup for the Next few years!!!! I think they should resign Ramsey after Next year if he proves himself and Keep Campbell until a Third Quarterback is brought through the system.

I do not understand the Trade Ramsey and Start Campbell next year. The team is on a Roll, whether we beat the Eagles or not or make the Playoffs you have to be very optimistic next year! Why would you want to trade Ramsey and have Brunnell 37 go down and have Jason Campbell run the offense. That would kill us not to have a proven back up just as ramsey proved last week. Do you think Campbell would have been ready to do that!!!! Starting Campbell Next year will be death. His inexperience will cost us 3 to 4 games and you see how hard it is to even get into the playoffs with a 10-6 record. Why would we want the Offense to step back instead of forward. The eagles will be back next year, Eli will be Better and Cowpukes will be even better with there young offensive line getting better. Why would we want to down grade our offense by starting a rookie. I agree with the scouts from other teams and the NFL that campbell has alot of talent and will be great but he cmae from Auburn and his numbers were not all that great and he had two of the greatest backs in college behind him with and incredible offensive line! Plus many considered him a college bust until the End of his Junior year and into his Senior year. I think he will be great but that is at least two years away, Let him Back up rmasey Next year and let Brunnell rework his contract and be the mentor to both Ramsey and Campbell

Finally Someone who makes sence out of the situation instead of throughing it all away cause gibs saw something he didnt like and benched him to make him a better player. for all we now gibbs must have confidence in him enough to not send an injered burnell back into the game or give the rookie the shot so ramsey must be in gibbs plan somewhere lets keep him. Support Play as One and we will prosper.

I do not understand the Trade Ramsey and Start Campbell next year. I think he will be great but that is at least two years away, Let him Back up rmasey Next year and let Brunnell rework his contract and be the mentor to both Ramsey and Campbell

I completely agree with you. If you read the second paragraph of my original post I wrote that I would rather see the Skins keep Ramsey. I am just curious as to whether you think his stock has gone up.

With that said though, after next year Ramsey won't resign with the Skins knowing that Campbells waiting his turn. They might be better off trading him and getting help in areas of concern for the long term future. It certainly is a dicey situation that I'm glad that I don't have to make.

Archived