Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Great Theismann Quote

JimmiJo

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/28/AR2005122801331.html

"Yes, I stand behind my prediction (that the Redskins go to the SB)," Theismann said. "What's changed to make me change my mind? I don't care if people think I'm a homer. You could analyze this team and come to the same conclusion. Plus, outside of Seattle, there isn't a dominant team in the NFC. They had Tampa on the ropes. Carolina had a must-win at home against Dallas and couldn't win that one, so who is out there in the NFC that they would be considered overmatched against?"

One of the few former players who still stands up for the team.

I can't say the same for Mark May or Mark Schlereth. At least Riggins seems objective at times.

It seem to me that old Riggo has been down on the team quite a bit lately. Didn't he pick Dallas and the Giants to beat us?

I try to stay out of the way of what comes out of Joe Theismann's mouth because I don't like crawling around in a dumpster. He spews out so much garbage...uuhh! And he's so rude and inconsiderate to the the other guys opinions in the booth on Sunday Night Football. He's the only former Skin I don't like.

Riggo on the other hand, while brash and blunt sometimes, well at least he's honest about his opinion and when he makes a bad prediction.

Archived