Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade talks and We are Winning!!! Lavar, Ramsey and others deserve better!!!!

Ynot

Why does everyone want to trade people when we are winning. Patrick will not get a #2 Pick and even if he did who would we get as a backup that will not want alot of money specially if he is proven, we will be left with a 37 year old quarterback and an unproven rookie that many think needs two more years since he did not come from a pro style offense in college. Many opinions think ramsey will start next year and Brunnell will back him up and tutor him and Campbell. Which will be a win win scenerio!!! If we trade Ramsey who will we get that will not cost more and if not the same, will have to learn the system and then get the players to like him and if you read Moss and others commits they love ramsey just as much if not more than Brunnell/

Until Lavar is traded or not lets not even make speculation. If we trade Lavar I think it will be a big mistake also. I think he sees the future here with Gibbs and will be back stronger and faster than ever! I think his injury was worse than anyone expected including Lavar. I also do think he as had to learn to be piece of the puzzle instead of the center piece. Remember just like ramsey how many different coaches and schemes has he been in!!!!! You have to remember proably since high school he was the game plan even in the pros all the different defensive coaches made him the center piece and i never understood lining him up on the line to rush. you do not see Pittsburgh, new England or even lawarence talyor line up on the line. Stand him up and move him around and let him go after the quarterback on third down and let everyone else play discipline in those situations

Until the season is over and the cap is posted and players with contracts who want to reconstruct to get more upfront money and players that the team feels it needs to not resign, we ahve professional cap anaylis with the team and many consultants!!!

Lets just win now and we will then look to see what we need.

If lavar said that then he needs to explain, but remember there was an earlier article at the beginning of the year when he was not playing, maybe he reference that and it was an issue then but remember he apoligize for not handling things better and maybe the reporter wanting to make a splash just put those ealrier comments back in there with the new interview

Joe Gibbs said the other day that he's going to sit down and talk to Patrick after the season. My impression is that if Patrick is willing to back up Mark Brunell again next year, he'll be back. If not, the Redskins will accomadate him and trade him.

As for LaVar, the haters have their "red meat" thanks to the Washington Times, so let them go through their typical, "Trade LaVar", "He's overrated" garbage, it'll all disappear (like it always does) when 56 is on the field and making plays.

:eaglesuck

Joe Gibbs said the other day that he's going to sit down and talk to Patrick after the season. My impression is that if Patrick is willing to back up Mark Brunell again next year, he'll be back. If not, the Redskins will accomadate him and trade him.

As for LaVar, the haters have their "red meat" thanks to the Washington Times, so let them go through their typical, "Trade LaVar", "He's overrated" garbage, it'll all disappear (like it always does) when 56 is on the field and making plays.

:applause: You know it, brother! With the biggest games comming up, it will only take one "Lavar moment" and the anti-Lavar faction will be sheepish & quiet again. I'm taking names, can't wait to rub it in.

Great post Ynot. People assume Gibbs will do what everyone else does, he doesn't, that is why he is the best. Gibbs can make Ramsey work out, he can make Arrington work out. People need to let things play out and stop playing into the hands of the press.

LaVar is not the victim here...please get that straight. He didn't have to talk to any press person.

He's just pulled a Terrell...time for folks to admit it...and move on.

Great post Ynot. People assume Gibbs will do what everyone else does, he doesn't, that is why he is the best. Gibbs can make Ramsey work out, he can make Arrington work out. People need to let things play out and stop playing into the hands of the press.

I totally agree.

Ramsey would be like Tom Brady behind this offense.

I have all the confidence in the world with Ramsey!

It's simple really, can he throw the ball? Yes. Can he take orders from Joe Gibbs and the gang? Yes

So what's the problem? This is the Joe Gibbs show, not the QB show, not the WR show. I didn't see any breaking news storys on Moss joining the team, but I did when Joe Gibbs announced his return to the Redskins.

Arrington.....going some where else?

Are you out of your mind!!?

I totally agree.

Ramsey would be like Tom Brady behind this offense.

I have all the confidence in the world with Ramsey!

It's simple really, can he throw the ball? Yes. Can he take orders from Joe Gibbs and the gang? Yes

So what's the problem? This is the Joe Gibbs show, not the QB show, not the WR show. I didn't see any breaking news storys on Moss joining the team, but I did when Joe Gibbs announced his return to the Redskins.

Arrington.....going some where else?

Are you out of your mind!!?

Let's see...you just knocked JG, propped LA and Ramsey.

We're 9-6 with Gibbs and LA and PR in limited roles.

Please, get serious.

I agree it is the system and I do not understand why others do not see that. 3 Super Bowls, 3 Different QuarterBacks, 3 Different Running Backs and many different receivers.

The Constant was the Coaching Staff, Offensive Lines and Defensive Lines! You need stand out players, but those players are only as good as the system. Look at the talent in San Diego and nothing! Look at Colts after they finally bought into Dungy system specially on defense!

It is the System!!!! Ask any Previous Redskins! yes it takes talent but it is the Gibbs System!!! Just ask Tony Stewart!!!

:applause: You know it, brother! With the biggest games comming up, it will only take one "Lavar moment" and the anti-Lavar faction will be sheepish & quiet again. I'm taking names, can't wait to rub it in.

You can take my name. I've been a lavar supporter and a critic when needed. lavar gets paid more than enough to have a "lavar moment". What I would like to see is a season of good football. If your looking for spectacular moments on defense, look no further than ST. Oh, and ST keeps his mouth shut and does his job. It takes more than 1 spectacular play every other game to earn a starting position on GWs Defense.

I'm just going to say it:

Anyone who thinks that LaVar Arrington contributes in a positive way to this team has absolutely no understanding of how modern era (salary cap) football works. I'm sorry about the jersey and the "QB Killa" tatoo, but it's time to get over Arrington. The guy is a salary cap issue and a disruption. The team has been biding it's time before cutting the guy and Arrington knows this as well as anyone.

LaVar is not the victim here...please get that straight. He didn't have to talk to any press person.

You "get it straight". There is no comparing Lavar Arrington with Terrell Owens. Lavar has supported all his team mates through thick & thin. None of his team mates have said anything but the superlatives about him including those who have left. (much less physically & verbally attacked his fellow team mates). You "move on".

It's "time for (you) to admit it". You are a badmouther who didn't give supports.

Lavar arrington has yet to impress me this year. Hes made more noise off the field than on it. I bet we see alot of warrick holdman against philly. As of late, warrick has been making good plays when called upon to fill in for lavar. Quietly he plays well.

Whoa big fella, tell me what game and who Holdman has tackled in the back field this year. Please show me because I must have missed a game. Lavar has played solid ball WITHIN the scheme since returning to the starting lineup. Not one of you fans can honestly say that going from the starting lineup to riding the pine wouldn't piss any of you off if it happened to you. Maybe he's a big old egocentric baby bust most NFL players are, including the greats. It's not like he's showing up, collecting a paycheck and going home. The guys is out there busting his ass and playing ball for a team that's winning, get of his freaking back and start a thread about kicking the Eagles butts!

You "get it straight". There is no comparing Lavar Arrington with Terrell Owens. Lavar has supported all his team mates through thick & thin. None of his team mates have said anything but the superlatives about him including those who have left. (much less physically & verbally attacked his fellow team mates). You "move on".

It's "time for (you) to admit it". You are a badmouther who didn't give supports.

A freakin Men brother. Comparing him to Terrell is ludacris, I have yet to see Lavar doing setup's in front of his 20,000sqft home. Damn that's a big house, no wonder he's crying about 6.5mil. :laugh:

We've been waiting ALL SEASON for that ONE "LaVar moment". What kind of person rubs in "one moment"? An entire season of mediocracy and you're ready to jump on his jock after one moment? I'm rooting for LaVar, since he is still a Redskin, but I'm not gonna forget everything he has done after one or two plays. He needs to step it up BIG TIME after all this yappin' he's been doing. :2cents:

Zip-it-up and Zip-it-OUT!

You can take my name. I've been a lavar supporter and a critic when needed. lavar gets paid more than enough to have a "lavar moment". What I would like to see is a season of good football. If your looking for spectacular moments on defense, look no further than ST. Oh, and ST keeps his mouth shut and does his job. It takes more than 1 spectacular play every other game to earn a starting position on GWs Defense.

Let Arrington play & then talk (3rd downs, 1rst & second downs, both in the same game). Arrington has more probowls than Sean Taylor & the rest of the defense combined and he is the second youngest starter. Name taken.

It would seem comparing LA to Terrell is more than a bit over the top. Yes Lavar has had some press slip ups but he is not the cancer TO is. He has never pulled a bonehead stunt during a game. No ball signing, no cell pone, no running the ball out to midfield.

The truth as revealed this year the skins can live w/out Lavar the Eagles have been paltry without TO.

And please, may the next person who says we should go after TO in the offseason be flogged.

Lavar wil be in burgundy and gold next year and he will start.

Whoa! calm down there and put down the glass, that's enough haterade for you. I understand Lavar should not be talking about this right now, but to compare him to Owens is apples and oranges.

Arrington has been a distraction all season first he said he did not know why he was not playing then he said well if i knew i had to practice like i play i would have done it sooner he has really only made 1 play that was a stuff in the raiders game he has no sacks no ff and no turnovers

Why does everyone want to trade people when we are winning. Patrick will not get a #2 Pick and even if he did who would we get as a backup that will not want alot of money specially if he is proven, we will be left with a 37 year old quarterback and an unproven rookie that many think needs two more years since he did not come from a pro style offense in college. Many opinions think ramsey will start next year and Brunnell will back him up and tutor him and Campbell. Which will be a win win scenerio!!! If we trade Ramsey who will we get that will not cost more and if not the same, will have to learn the system and then get the players to like him and if you read Moss and others commits they love ramsey just as much if not more than Brunnell/

Until Lavar is traded or not lets not even make speculation. If we trade Lavar I think it will be a big mistake also. I think he sees the future here with Gibbs and will be back stronger and faster than ever! I think his injury was worse than anyone expected including Lavar. I also do think he as had to learn to be piece of the puzzle instead of the center piece. Remember just like ramsey how many different coaches and schemes has he been in!!!!! You have to remember proably since high school he was the game plan even in the pros all the different defensive coaches made him the center piece and i never understood lining him up on the line to rush. you do not see Pittsburgh, new England or even lawarence talyor line up on the line. Stand him up and move him around and let him go after the quarterback on third down and let everyone else play discipline in those situations

Until the season is over and the cap is posted and players with contracts who want to reconstruct to get more upfront money and players that the team feels it needs to not resign, we ahve professional cap anaylis with the team and many consultants!!!

Lets just win now and we will then look to see what we need.

I say Patrick Ramsey deserves better. Why would you draft Jason Campbell in the first round like that? If Ramsey is to stay, it will be as Jason's back up unless Gibbs really wants Ramsey to start in the future and have Campbell be the back up.

I say trade Ramsey to another team for a third rounder. If we can afford it, sign Gus Frerotte to be Jason's back up. He's playing far better football now as a hardened veteran than as a young QB.

Or trade Ramsey and start playing Campbell and have Brunell restructure his contract and let Brunell be the back up.

As far as LaVar, it's been proven that the defense can play exceptionally well with him or without him. He just might be trade value. He's still young and hasn't reached his prime just yet and he's a 3 time all pro.

Archived