Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How did you become a Skins fan?

tlk2rn

I spent my childhood in Alexandria and I remember when I was little, I would always se them on the news in the '70's. Then, when I was about in third grade, the school bus driver yelled " what do you think about them Redskins" and the bus went wild. That weekend I watched the NFC championship game between the Skins and Dallas. Loved them from then on.

January, 1983-

I was eight years old, my family and I lived in NE DC (I street)- we were all decked out in our bright yellow "hogs" t-shirts to watch the Skins trounce the Dolphins in the Superbowl. When it was over, I went upstairs and changed in to my pajamas (it was bedtime) and came back down- my parents asked me what the hell I was doing- we were going out! My mom, dad, brother, and I drove around DC for about an hour like maniacs, honking the horn, hanging and screaming out of the windows- then ended up at the "Tune In" bar (near Cap Hill)- awesome party! Been die-hard ever since.

I have always said that Being a redskins fan was beaten into my head since I was a baby. Let me explain:

When I was an toddler, My father (redskins fan) and my uncle (cowboys fan) were watching a game where the skins and the cowboys were playing each other. A certian young cornerback decided to make a name for himself when he chased down Tony Dorsett from behind. My dad, who was holding me, jumped up in sheer exctasy, and spiked me on the edge of the coffee table. My head split open, blood gushed, the ambulance was called, my mom fainted, the paramedics took me and my mom to the hospital. My dad and my uncle stayed home to finish out that Monday night football game before coming to the hospital. Still have the scar on my forehead to this day. A scar of my undying passion for the team that my dad loved so much that he forgot that I was not a football.

hahahaha he stayed home and watched the game. classic!

I lived in Brooklyn all of my life where my dad would root for the Giants. You know the teams with Simms, LT, Bavarro, etc. I think the first time I really saw the Redskins was when they got whooped on by the Raiders in the Superbowl. I just remember feeling so bad for them. The look on all of their faces after the game was over said it all. To make a long story short, I just loved the way Art Monk, Darrell Green and Gary Clark played and the team just stuck with me all of my life. (Even through the Norv Turner years)

I became such a fanatic I used to record the games on my dad's VCR (non-wireless remote) and run all of the routes that I could see the WR's running when playing football around the hood. Only problem was I could only record Skins vs. Giants or Skins vs. Cowboys. Those were the only Skins games that came on in New York. That's my story.

my father went to a convention in D.C. in 1984. He came back with a Redskin Tshirt and the rest is history. At the time I was 5 and I wore that shirt to kindergarten every day. I was the biggest Dexter Manley fan this side of the Mason Dixon.:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

Being Canadian, it's weird that I would be a diehard NFL fan just because they try to force Hockey down everyone's throats from birth. Don't get me wrong, I like hockey, but nothing comes close to football (the greatest sport on earth).

My dad was, and is a Skins fan as well, and I remember watching games with him in the 80's and early 90's as a kid. Wanting to be just like him, naturally I became a Skins fan. Ever since then I've been a diehard fan; I've been there through the good times and the bad. Forever a fan!!!

Growing up I never really got into watching football. Was too busy playing it on Pop Warner teams all the way up through High School. During my High School years I would pick a different team every year for the craziest reasons. One year I rooted for the Fins, I rooted for the Bungles the year they started with those stripped uni's ect...

One year I picked the Skins (honestly cant tell you why). The girl I was dating at the time thought I was a die hard Skins fan so for X-mas she bought me a Redskins hat. I never had a team hat before. So I figured what the ****. Been a die hard fan ever since.

That year the Skins trounced the Donkeys down here in San Diego. My dad likes the Donkey cuz that was the first team I played for as a kid. We were the Broncos. I remember the week leading up to the game, hearing all the hype about the "three amigoes" and how Elway was going to destroy the Skins.

Sat down with Pops to watch the game, he got real loud after Elways touchdown pass....then was real quiet the rest of the game!

:point2sky

I followed them durring the Over the hill gang days. Kilmer/sonny and the guys. I was a young Colt fan Living in MD. at the time...Never had the hatred for the skins that my dad did. I jumped on the wagon Joe's first superbowl year. Then came the day when the Colts left Baltimore in the middle of the night. The next day I was 150% Skins Fan. Die Philly tree chickens!

Archived