Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Redskins Signed defensive back Christian Morton from the practice squad

Gallen5862

http://www.redskins.com/team/profile.jsp?id=5491

35 Christian Morton

CB

Career Highlights

The Redskins signed Morton to the team's practice squad on Dec. 16, 2005...He was with the Atlanta Falcons for four games in 2005, recording five tackles and two passes defended...He originially signed to the Redskins' practice squad on Sept. 4, 2005, but later sign with the Falcons...Orginally selected as a seventh-round (223rd overall) draft choice by New england in 2004...He was waived by the Patriots on Sept. 5 and spent time on the practice squad of New Orleans, Cleveland and Atlanta during the season...He was activated to the 53-man roster on Dec. 25, 2004...Morton is a tough, speedy defensive back who saw action in two games late in the 2004 season for the Falcons...Tallied two tackles at New Orleans on Dec. 26....Played as a reserve defensive back at Philadelphia in the NFC Championship Game....Started 25 of 45 games for Illinois, recording 120 tackles and one sack in his career...Also intercepted five career passes, returning two for touchdowns, and tallied 41 passes defended...He also blocked two kicks...He gained 337 yards with one TD on 30 punt returns and 671 yards on 35 kickoff returns...Morton was a standout quarterback at Riverview Gardens High School in St. Louis, passing for 4,957 yards in his career to set Missouri state prep records. He earned all-region, all-metro and all-district honors...He led Riverview Gardens to the Missouri Class 5A state championships as a senior, throwing for 2,543 yards and 26 touchdowns and rushing for 746 yards and 14 touchdowns to lead his team to a 13-1 record...He earned a speech and communications degree from Illinois...Christian's bother Jeff played defensive back for Southern Illinois and his sister Kim is a professor at Forest Park Community College in St. Louis...Born Christian John Morton on April 28, 1981 in St. Louis.

Why do we need another DB added to the roster if Rogers is coming back this week? Is he not expected to play now?

I agree I thought we would have signed a LB instead. What has happened to McCune the Lb we drafted out of louisville ,I thought that he was going to do good with us? Does clemons being out mean he may get some playing time?

I agree I thought we would have signed a LB instead. What has happened to McCune the Lb we drafted out of louisville ,I thought that he was going to do good with us? Does clemons being out mean he may get some playing time?

Clemons plays OLB and DE while McCune plays MLB. He is seeing the field on Special Teams as of now, but he is a MLB not an OLB. That is why he won't play in the stead of Clemons.

McCune is on the active roster.

Depending on what schemes Williams wants to run against Philly, they may not have been a need for another LB. If the believes they're going to pass the ball more he may feel we need more DB's than LB's.

Remember, Clemons would replace Arrington in passing downs so we may employ more DB's this week instead of putting a LB in that can't cover.

http://www.redskins.com/team/profile.jsp?id=3344

36 Dwight Ellick

CB

Career Highlights

Signed to the Redskins' practice squad on Dec. 27, 2005...Had a stint with the New Orleans Saints in preseason 2005, but was released...Originally joined the Saints as an undrafted free agent on May 2, 2005...Two-year starter at Notre Dame...Finished 2004 with 44 tackles and two interceptions...Earned four letters as a member of the Irish team and two as a member of the track and field team in 2002 and 2004...Moved to Tampa, Fla., in summer of 2004 and attended Wharton High School...Born in Syracuse, New York.

Archived