Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Next Year

Hatred4Dallas

Looks guys as Redskin fans right now I know we are in the thick of things and need to be concentrating on the Philly game this Sunday, but next years draft is just around the corner. What kind of skilled position do you think we should pick up? And if any who?

I'm thinking a great Defensive lineman or speedy wide receiver.

:eaglesuck

There is a lot of off-season to go before I could say for sure. Couple places on defense could use depth, such as CB or OLB. A good #2/#3 wide out would be nice.

But there are a ton of contracts to renegotiate, there is a Taylor's trial, off-season pickups, off-season losses, CBA controversy... a whole long laundry list before we get to draft day.

Definitely a pass rusher. But, I would not be totally upset if we drafted a WR with our first pick but I am not sure who would be a good compliment to Moss. Perhaps another safety would not hurt especially since we are still developing Rogers in the secondary.

You need to re-sign our players first and then address free agency. I would think we might sign an experienced WR or DE. If so, we need a TE (Pope at UGA or King at VT to name a couple) and then depth at CB (you can never have too many CBs in this league). We will also need to make decisions on LaVar and Ramsey--both of which could generate more picks.

Sinorice if he is available come the 5th round other than that NO.

Mario Williams or best DE available in the 2nd round.

Kelly Jenning from Miami would be a better pick than Sinorice. We could maybe use another linebacker. Draft defense and p/u a young reciever in free agency.

Mario Williams is a top 5 pick. Sinorice is definately no less than a 3rd rounder. Hank Baskett outta New Mexico looks like a real sleeper at WR, there will be good talent in the 3rd round at WR, imo.

DE (Tapp, Dumervil, Edwards, Lawson) in the 2nd, Sinorice Moss in the 3rd...Then draft for depth at OL, DL, and Secondary.

I doubt that we would need to draft Sinorice Moss that high. Unless he does great in the Senior Bowl and/or the NFL combine he will go in one of the later rounds. Not saying that we shouldn't go after him though.

Zip-it-up and Zip-it-OUT!

Mario Williams is a top 5 pick. Sinorice is definately no less than a 3rd rounder. Hank Baskett outta New Mexico looks like a real sleeper at WR, there will be good talent in the 3rd round at WR, imo.

depends between him Kiwi and Lawson one may slip to the 2nd round. Now that I think about it though we will have a late 2nd round pick:doh: Kelly Jennings would be my pick and the best DE available in the 3rd or trade up and get two 2nd round picks some how.

I disagree with Moss in the 3rd maybe for a team with a lot of draft picks but not for us I think Ryan Moore and Legget are better than Moss this was his first year doing anything and he still is not the #1 reciever at Miam Parish was way better and will take some time to developi.

If so, we need a TE (Pope at UGA or King at VT to name a couple) and then depth at CB (you can never have too many CBs in this league).

i like the suggestion of king or pope at tight end. both of those guys are monsters (especially Pope, he's like 6'9").

But, in the second round I like Jason Avant out of the University of MIchigan. Watch him tonight in the Alamo Bowl. He can win a jump ball near the end zone, runs great routes, is a three year starter at Michigan and is a Great posession guy.

i like the suggestion of king or pope at tight end. both of those guys are monsters (especially Pope, he's like 6'9").

But, in the second round I like Jason Avant out of the University of MIchigan. Watch him tonight in the Alamo Bowl. He can win a jump ball near the end zone, runs great routes, is a three year starter at Michigan and is a Great posession guy.

:eaglesuck[/quote

Pope in Joe's offense will be a nightmare for the rest of the league. Talk about red zone mismatch. Add Senorice (sp?) Moss to the mix in the 3rd of 4th round. I believe we can sign a serviceable free agent DE.

There is no way that Mario Williams or Kiwi drop to round 2.

I think we should go:

RD2: Bobby Carpenter (If we lose Lavar) or if we keep Laver then we pick Dumerville (He is a true DE whereas Lawson is more of a 3-4 linebacker)

RD3: Martin Nance (WR from Miami OH)

RD4: Jarrad Page Safety UCLA

There is no way that Mario Williams or Kiwi drop to round 2.

I think we should go:

RD2: Bobby Carpenter (If we lose Lavar) or if we keep Laver then we pick Dumerville (He is a true DE whereas Lawson is more of a 3-4 linebacker)

i dont see elvis Dumervil dropping out of the top 10. He definately won't be around for our late second rounder

We need a big wide receiver, a pass rusher and a corner who can provide depth.

I think we could trade Betts after this year and get a pick or a nice player.

Every team needs more depth on the O-line

I think a lot of our draft day strategy will be decided once we know if Greg Williams will be back.

Oh and can we please get a new punter maybe one who also kicks off.

We need a big wide receiver, a pass rusher and a corner who can provide depth.

I think we could trade Betts after this year and get a pick or a nice player.

Every team needs more depth on the O-line

I think a lot of our draft day strategy will be decided once we know if Greg Williams will be back.

Oh and can we please get a new punter maybe one who also kicks off.

I don't think we should trade Betts. I think we should keep him around until we can't anymore. He's a great back up tailback.

But, the Mort Report is that williams will be back in Washington next year.

Archived