Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Greatest Trade in Redskins History

E-Dog Night

I think people tend to go with recent history, so a lot of people may go with Moss for Coles - and I'm not going back past the 60's. There have been many, and some of them I am not old enough to remember the details, so there are probably plenty of draft-day trades that I have either forgotten about, never knew about in the first place, or just aren't obvious/big enough for consideration (i.e. Jason Campbell).

Let me know if I missed anything huge.

wow wow wow we traded this years 2nd pick for cooley i did't know that. someone fill me in?

This year's 2nd as in the 2005 draft. We still have our 2006 2nd round pick.

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=1114

Details of the trade: Washington and New Orleans swapped fifth-round picks in the 2004 NFL Draft, with the Redskins dropping back to 151st overall. (Saints now have the 139th pick.) In addition, Washington sent a second-round draft pick in the 2005 NFL Draft to the Saints.

How about the Saints' entire 1999 draft and then some for our #5.

Oh yeah, damn, I knew I was missing something big. I donlt think I can edit a poll, can I? If so, I guess #4 should be "1999 - Ditka trades entire draft for Ricky Williams, Skins draft Champ + get #1 pick & others in follwing year".

The Cooley thing is proof that Gibbs has an eye for talent. Especially when Cooley was told by Parcell at the combine "you have no future in the NFL" he said it some way like that.

i feel good about jason Campbell who was projected to be a 2nd rounder yeah baby go gibbs...........

Schroeder was a pro bowl qb who threw for over 4000 yards for us in 86 and won more games than Doug Williams in 87. What did Oliphant ever do?

Schroeder sucked dude. In that 1986 season his completion percentage was lower than 55% and he threw as many TD's an INT's(22.) How he made the pro bowl that year is beyond me. The rest of his career he sucked too.

The Cooley thing is proof that Gibbs has an eye for talent. Especially when Cooley was told by Parcell at the combine "you have no future in the NFL" he said it some way like that.

I think his exact words were that Cooley would never be more than a backup or a role player in the NFL, not that he didn't have a future. He didn't think he had the speed or athleticism to be a starting TE in the NFL. Little did he know...! :)

Archived