Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Damaging Washington's playoff hopes would be a sweet thing"

Gibbs-O-Mighty!

Dave Spadaro (Eagles website) writes...

"What the Eagles have to gain from a strong performance is the idea of ending the season on a high note. It's a home game, against an NFC East foe, and everyone knows this season has been a downer. Damaging Washington's playoff hopes would be a sweet thing, and winning in the division would provide some gratification for a team that last year swept the NFC East and this year is one loss away from being swept."

Sorry Mr. Spadaro, but...DREAM ON! :laugh:

:cheers:

REDSKINS: :notworthy

:eaglesuck

Trotter, Dawkins, and a few others will show up to play football. But that won't be enough. The Eagles second string players on defense are not that well equipped to keep up with the pace of our offense. The only way the Redskins will lose is if they don't have the proper mental preparation and that simply ain't going to happen.

People seem to forget, we beat the Vikings a FedEx last year when they were in the exact same boat we are in. They wound up backing in, but had control of their destiny until we beat them.

Let's see if their is a difference in game preparation and respect from players towards their coach.

Joe Gibbs vs Mike Tice

You decide.

People seem to forget, we beat the Vikings a FedEx last year when they were in the exact same boat we are in. They wound up backing in, but had control of their destiny until we beat them.

I'm sorry but I honestly don't understand this argument. I don't even believe it to be an argument.

We are not the Vikings.

We are the Redskins.

The Eagles are not the Vikings.

We are not the Vikings playing the Eagles.

We are the Redskins playing the Eagles.

The team knows they have to win to get in. But I still worry a little about them being overconfident. If the game was at home I wouldn't but it's up there. Haven't won up there in a long time or swept them. But this is a season for breaking streaks (like the Cowgirls).

No more losing to teams we should beat! Our players are NOT taking the Eagles lightly. They didn't play 4 great games in a row to simply just rollover on the Eagles.

Exactly!!! We didn't come this far only to blow it in the last week of the season against an Eagles team that is a mere shadow of their NFC Champion selves last year...we're gonna blow them out, folks...

Redskins 35

Eagles 10

'nuff said!

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

"Damaging Washington's playoff hopes would be a sweet thing."

That is a classless comment from a classless organization.

I hate the eagles just as much as the next guy but how in God's name is this classless?? Do you expect the Eagles to roll over and let us win so we get into the playoffs?? If we were in the Eagles position we would be saying the same exact thing.

I think the word "class" is thrown around WAY to much in describing organizations and fans.

Spadaro is a tool.

He works for the Eagles.

Just look at what a cheerleader he was for TO, until they knew he was going to be deactivated, then Spads was all " he's bad for the team, it's a good move by management, blah friggin blah."

Spads=Cheerleader.

Even Iggle fans know this.

if the Eagles still had McNabb and Westbrook despite the other losses (Thomas, Owens, Sheppard, etc.) I would be more worried about this game.

the fact remains the Eagles have to score to win the game and I don't see Mike McMahon or Ryan Moats being able to best this defense.

the Redskins have the edge on the line, the edge in the secondary against average receivers and are facing a back that doesn't have the skills that Westbrook does.

With Brunell ailing I have no doubt that Gregg Williams has told his unit that this game (after consecutive 35 point efforts) will be largely in their hands to control and win and the offense will be more limited in trying to protect the qb.

I would like to see the Redskins defense throw a shutout here :)

Zero points.

That would be making a statement in Philadelphia :)

The Skins are better than Arizona without Warner. Philly should not be overlooked, but when does Joe Gibbs ever let the importance of a game evade him. He made St. Louis and Arizona sound like they were ready to win their divisions. The magnitude of this game will not be taken lightly. I think the Skins would look to sweep the Iggles even if they weren't going to the playoffs. They spanked Dallas, got up for NY, there is no reason to think that they don't treat Philly the same way. Especially how the city of Philly and it's fans always disrespects this team!

:eaglesuck :logo:

Archived