Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Is Your All-Time Favorite Redskin, Regardless Of Era, Regardless Of Position?

melonhead1959

Art Monk. Most humble and classiest player ever to grace the NFL. He did so many things off the field as well (charity organizations, etc), yet never got the coverage that Darryl did because he didn't like to be in the spot light. He will always be my favorite player.

For me it came down to a couple. But I knew no one would pick Dave Butz so I gave him my vote. I remember those beat up helmets. Plus I played DT (and OT) in HS so he was a role model for me.

Honestly I could have picked just about any player on that list (except Arrington or Taylor) and been happy with the choice. I was really happy to see Butz even on the list.

Offense - Art Monk

Defense - Darrell Green

Too close to choose between either of them.

:eaglesuck

I totally agree.. I chose Darrell Green.. but also for personal reasons. It was through (or because of) Darrell that my husband and I met.

However, to have one on each side of the ball.. Monk definitely. He belongs in the HOF and it will be a crime if he doesn't get in!

I grew up watching the likes of Allen's, Pardee's, and Gibbs' Redskins teams. I watched many great players and grew to love Riggins, Monk, Green, and Coleman. I voted for Sammy Baugh simply because I think he may have been one of the greatest players, one of the Mt. Rushmore faces, of the NFL. He played offense, defense, and special teams. He won the triple crown. He won two championships and played in four (which makes the likes of Jacoby & Grimm pretty special).

For me it came down to a couple. But I knew no one would pick Dave Butz so I gave him my vote. I remember those beat up helmets. Plus I played DT (and OT) in HS so he was a role model for me.

Honestly I could have picked just about any player on that list (except Arrington or Taylor) and been happy with the choice. I was really happy to see Butz even on the list.

Wrong, i picked Butz as well , i saw he had 1 vote, i was wondering who picked him heheh ... i too played DT as a kid and semi pro, even wore #65 :)

Archived