Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Respect for other team fans a MUST! (MERGED)

SHARPASAARROWHEAD

A. Commonly seen.

B. Commonly seen.

C. Commonly seen.

D. Very rare at Fedex.

E. Very rare at Fedex.

F. True

G. True

and then the most common thing of all that you somehow forgot to mention:

H. Opposing team's fans not just cheering their team on, but taunting Redskins fans in Fedex when their team does something good or Skins do something bad. Commonly seen.

Do not ask me to feel sorry for away team's fans that taunt the home team's fans and get dealt with. Instigating is a worse offense then retaliating though I concede that neither behavior is admirable.

Couldn't agree more with everything you have said. It's one thing to be loud and make some noise, but to throw things or harrass the fans of another team is simply disrespectful. Trading words and such during the game is fine, but once its over, you should be able to respect one another as the teams themselves respect one another no matter what the outcome.

Don't we already have a thread going on about this??

This post was for some people,I will call them people not fans, that DO NOT KNOW what the difference is between RESPECT and DISRESPECT you see people that DO NOT KNOW THE difference are the ones that throw a beer down your back,or hit you in the back with a ball bearing, or sucker punch you out of a crowd,trip you carring a box of beer.

These are the ones that were raised, NOT to RESPECT THEMSELEVES much less OTHERS.

If NO ONE tells them they will never know!

It is up to GOOD FANS to put a STOP to BAD FANS anyway you have too!

The other thread is for FANS to tell theses people what they think!;) :logo:

I've read all of the posts here so far. What I've read from most of the posts sicken me. I was at the last two Redskins/49er games in San Francisco. I've been to a few other 49er games. I've been to Raiders games and sat in the Black Hole wearing my Redskins jersey. I've been to Chargers games.

The difference is, I felt totally safe. Yes, I recieved a ribbing. I was expecting it. No one threw beer on me, no one cursed me out for being a fan of a different team. I was cheering San Diego on, while I was in the Black Hole, that's why my friend doesn't invite me to Raiders games with me anymore. At no time, did I not feel safe. At the end of the game, I spoke with some of the Raiders fans, explained the reason why I don't like the Raiders, they laughed and understood.

I've always spoken badly about Eagles fans because of the way they treat other teams fans. To be passionate about a team, you don't have to be drunken a-holes.

I saw where someone wrote about needing a "hostile environment". What that means, is to the opposing teams PLAYERS!!! The fans are just that, fans. You are suppose to yell and scream and attempt to disrupt the other team. You are not suppose to make anyone scared to attend. One of the reasons that I've always been a fan of the Redskins is because this was the attitude that we insued.

For all of the true Redskins fans, I appologize, this was not entended for you. For all of you bandwagoneers, that don't know the true meaning of the words "having fun", get a life. I'm ashamed of each and everyone of you. Grow up, this isn't the playground anymore, stop trying to be the bullies.

awesome post...

I wish this attitude was reflected not just at FedEx but on this site. When a negative is brought up about any person/player/coach/play/etc., It's fine to argue back, and argue hard. But please, keep it about football. No one comes on here to be called 4 letter words because they have a differing opinion.

H. Opposing team's fans not just cheering their team on, but taunting Redskins fans in Fedex when their team does something good or Skins do something bad. Commonly seen.

Do not ask me to feel sorry for away team's fans that taunt the home team's fans and get dealt with. Instigating is a worse offense then retaliating though I concede that neither behavior is admirable.

As long as the opposing fan keeps it about football and not your personal life, whats the problem? That's what fans do. They argue/tease/etc. about FOOTBALL. As long as they dont cross that line, there shouldn't be a problem.

Don't we already have a thread going on about this??

This post was for some people,I will call them people not fans, that DO NOT KNOW what the difference is between RESPECT and DISRESPECT you see people that DO NOT KNOW THE difference are the ones that throw a beer down your back,or hit you in the back with a ball bearing, or sucker punch you out of a crowd,trip you carring a box of beer.

These are the ones that were raised, NOT to RESPECT THEMSELEVES much less OTHERS.

If NO ONE tells them they will never know!

It is up to GOOD FANS to put a STOP to BAD FANS anyway you have too!

The other thread is for FANS to tell theses people what they think!;) :logo:

well if that is what this thread is about then it should not be titled what it is titled. instead it should be titled "a message to a**holes."

that has nothing to do with respecting other fans. you are pointing to the fact that we should respect people for being people. ok i can agree with that. but i'm not going to show an eagles fan respect for being an eagles fan, i'm only going to show him the respect he deserves for being in my same species (unfortunately). i think your original post spoke more to a level of "we shouldn't heckle any fans, we should all love eachother and hold hands and be friends." heckling other fans is part of the game. the only people that cross that line between heckling and, as someone put it, hoolaganing (is that a word?) are called a**holes. but as your original post was printed, you sounded like that prick who sits behind me in the club section and tells me to sit down when i'm cheering (let this be a message to you that not all of us in the club section are eating cheese and drinking wine).

anyway, yes fans shouldn't start fights, but at the same level oposing fans are free game to be heckled in my opinion.

dallas children need to hear the letters "F U" from my mouth at the age of 2 months as far as i'm concerned.

I would constitute this as not showing respect for a person as a human.

I'm sure a kid bought that jersey and decided to go to the game to start beef with the home team.

I went to the Cleveland game last year and got heckled/bumped/cursed at and I was not at all being a jerk... just wearing my colors and cheering, not anything the punk and drunk Cowboy and Eagle fans tend to do at FedEx. I still deserved it and it was fun.

Honestly, I look at the situation the other way around. I think that as an opposing fan you have to respect the stadium and the fans that are housing you at the stadium. Yes, it's a public event, but it IS our house and we're going to give you at least some hell if you don the enemy colors. And I think that's the way it should be.

However, I think there is another standard when it comes to kids... can't give hell to the kids, they are just there to have fun. If you're big enough to fend for yourself, you should just take the "abuse" and fire back the same way... that's what makes it fun.

Good luck in Philly, though. :)

dallas children need to hear the letters "F U" from my mouth at the age of 2 months as far as i'm concerned.

football isn't picnic. if you come to the stadium dressed in a bull's eye then you have accepted the harrassment.

the thing that should distinguish us from other fans is the fact that when you go to an opposing stadium you should acknowledge that you are deserving of a tongue lashing and take it to a degree and respect the fans of the home team. that's the difference b/w a skins fan and an eagles fan.

that is all i have to say on this subject.

:rolleyes:

Blondie

This is a good post. Coach Gibbs would want all of us to be respectful fans. Love your team, but have respect. There is no honor or glory in abusing fans cheering for other teams. It doesn't make us look better. It makes us look bad.

I agree but a ribbing is allowed. It's much better than being known as whine and cheesers. :eaglesuck

Totally agree Blondie. Makes me glad that I live in California. Raiders fans are starting to look less and less like punks every day.

Alright, let's not go overboard here. We have our share of knuckleheads, but we do not (thank the good lord) have fans that dress up as the Legion of Doom :laugh: . And didn't a Raiders fan get caught on tape stabbing an opposing team's fan in the stadium? C'mon now, Raiders fans rank up there with Philly fans.

Then go heckle the dad, thats no excuse to picking on little kids.

I can't believe I even have to have this arguement.

dude, do you really think i yell at little kids?

my point is simply that you can argue and heckle opposing fans without being disrespectful. there is a lower bar at a football game for heckling than there is in real life.

jesus, lighten up people.

to start a thread and say that you can't heckle opposing fans in your stadium is ridiculous. i've gone to the link wearing my lavar jersey and been browbeat to death. my buddies i was even sitting with told me that if i took off my jacket they wouldn't back me if a fight started. but i did it anyway. it's part of the environment and part of the experience. i took the insults and lived with it. more to the point, I EXPECTED IT. as should every opposing fan that walks into any stadium.

dude, do you really think i yell at little kids?

my point is simply that you can argue and heckle opposing fans without being disrespectful. there is a lower bar at a football game for heckling than there is in real life.

jesus, lighten up people.

to start a thread and say that you can't heckle opposing fans in your stadium is ridiculous. i've gone to the link wearing my lavar jersey and been browbeat to death. my buddies i was even sitting with told me that if i took off my jacket they wouldn't back me if a fight started. but i did it anyway. it's part of the environment and part of the experience. i took the insults and lived with it. more to the point, I EXPECTED IT. as should every opposing fan that walks into any stadium.

I would expect to be insulted but not assulted. Heckling is great, it should be encouraged to a certain degree. But not brawling. If your buddies would sit around and watch you get a beat down than they are not your buddies. Sorry, just MO.

Alright, let's not go overboard here. We have our share of knuckleheads, but we do not (thank the good lord) have fans that dress up as the Legion of Doom :laugh: . And didn't a Raiders fan get caught on tape stabbing an opposing team's fan in the stadium? C'mon now, Raiders fans rank up there with Philly fans.

I attended both the Iggles and Raiders game at FedEx. Even in their loss, the Philthy fans were worse than the Raider fans. Anyone else notice that? Didn't a Philthy fan get caught stabbing another Philthy fan at FedEx? I think the league should looking into banning Philthy fans, as other European countries often ban English hooligans from attending games in their stadiums.

As a note, I have to stick up for Dallas fans. Being exiled in TX, I've attended two Redskins games at Cowboy stadium, and 95% of their fans were decent and respectful.

I would expect to be insulted but not assulted. Heckling is great, it should be encouraged to a certain degree. But not brawling. If your buddies would sit around and watch you get a beat down than they are not your buddies. Sorry, just MO.

HA! good point, but after all, they are philly fans, what can you expect?

Ok for you people that dont know any better!

A. To come to your opponents stadium to whatch your team play is NOT DISRESPECT.

B. To wear your teams colors and cheer for your team in the stadium of your opponent. IS NOT DISRESPECT.

C. To cheer for your team when your team makes a good play, in the stadium of your opponent is NOT DISRESPECT.

D. To spit on, pour beer on throw trash ,peanuts,popcorn,harrass,threaten,punch,push your opponents fans

IS DISRESPECT for YOURSELFand YOUR OPPONENTS FAN.

BUT MOSTLY YOURSELF.

E. To NOT HONOR your opponents team and fan's with respect when in your own stadium is DISHONORING your HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE, YOUR STADIUM, YOUR TEAM, YOURSELF,and OTHER HOME TEAM FANS.

F. REDSKINS FANS ARE HONORABLE,RESPECTFUL,GREAT HOSTS anyone that disagrees with these statements are not REDSKIN fans. Just punks that ruin it for other REAL REDSKINS FANS.

G. REAL RESPECT STARTS WITH YOURSELF!:logo:

Well put!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Hmmm, a few years back I felt like I was at the opposing teams stadium at FEDEX. Its about time we took it back.

Take it back by filling the stadium with Redskin fans; that includes you Mr. Synder who sets up all these ticket brokers. Eliminate the damn waiting list by selling tickets to the real Redskin fans.

At RFK, it was rare to see a bunch of visiting teams jerseys; at FedEx, it's the norm and we have Mr. Synder to thank!

It's obvious some people don't get it. We should be able to go into any stadium in the league with our families (children of any age) and not have to worry about them witnessing an assault of anyone, nevermind their parents or even themselves. The same should be said of opposing fans coming into Fed Ex.

If the number of opposing fans bothers you, you have no one to blame but Redskins fans for that. If Redskins fans would use their tickets rather than scalping them, and if the fans who were present at the games would get behind their team, cheer, make some noise, than it wouldn't matter if 15-20% of the crowd was not in burgandy and gold, because the other 80-85% of Redskins fans would drown them out in a very sportsman-like way.

At RFK, it was rare to see a bunch of visiting teams jerseys; at FedEx, it's the norm and we have Mr. Synder to thank!

Oh yeah, it's The Dans fault. :rolleyes:

No one has the right to TAUNT home fans at the stadium.

PERIOD!

you can cheer all you want for your team but don't come to FedEx and taunt Skins fans. Soon enough we might have the NFL institute a Visiting Fan Section for fans who travel to away venues to instigate home fans.

Soon enough we might have the NFL institute a Visiting Fan Section for fans who travel to away venues to instigate home fans.

Well, yeah. Thats what I posted in another thread. Its sad to think that we will have to have buffer zones patrolled by police just to keep idots from killing each other like in Europe. Do you really want this? Do you want to physically hurt a Dallas or Philly fan that you have never met before just because they hurt your feelings? Chill.

Archived