Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Respect for other team fans a MUST! (MERGED)

SHARPASAARROWHEAD

I can only hope that Redskin fans can be better then other NFL teams fans!

Since we are the GREATEST fans a team can have!

We as the greatest fans a team can have and we have to show the rest of the NFL its ok to bring your family to the game.

Your children can watch the game without some jerk harrassing you because you are not a Redskins fan.

Integrity,HONOR, this a sport not street fight. I am from South East DC. I know all about street fighting. It's nothing like football.

Keep that crap on the street,in an alley not in our beloved REDSKINS stadium!

My son and my grandson are going to Philadelphia Sunday for the game to support our beloved REDSKINS, I can only hope they will be treated with respect and integrity.

The last time my son went to the Philadelphia stadium to support his beloved REDSKINS he was shot in the back with a ball bearing from a wrist rocket and wore a whelp for 2 weeks from it.

When he turned around to see where it came from he said it looked like the whole section shot it!

That was some sad sh$t to happen to any fan from another team!

I was saddened to see posts that promote violence and harrassement to the other teams fans posted on this site. What kind of crap is that? They do not deserve to have a site to post on must less,to have a great team like the REDSKINS!

We are better then that. We have more integrity then that.

:helmet:

REDSKIN FANS ARE THE BEST FANS IN THE NFL,LETS ACT LIKE IT!

Hail to the REDSKINS, Hail VICTORY, Braves on the WARPATH, FIGHT for OLD :helmet: DC! :helmet: :eaglesuck

I totally agree with your post. We are better than that. As Jack Kent Cooke used to say.. we're the best Damn Fans in the NFL.. but if we resort to violence and meanness, we're only doing what fans like those of the Eagles do to get their reputation.

I don't want to become one of those fans. I want to remain the best fans in the NFL.

if your stadium is taken over by other fans, it doesn't say much about our fans. whats point of having a 90+ stadium and 15-20% of other teams' fans.

i'm not saying fight or harass people but make it uncomfortable enough so they don't return..

i rather have the reputation of a hostile environment than the wine and cheese environment which we have right now..

dallas children need to hear the letters "F U" from my mouth at the age of 2 months as far as i'm concerned.

football isn't picnic. if you come to the stadium dressed in a bull's eye then you have accepted the harrassment.

the thing that should distinguish us from other fans is the fact that when you go to an opposing stadium you should acknowledge that you are deserving of a tongue lashing and take it to a degree and respect the fans of the home team. that's the difference b/w a skins fan and an eagles fan.

that is all i have to say on this subject.

I agree to an extent. I say show the same respect we get. Sorry, but I will not show respect for a team or their fans if they are going to disrespect us. I aint that big a person. I believe in showing respect first but if you mess w/ me, don't think I'm going to let it slide. Don't start none, won't be none. And for some folks, the only way to shut them up is to have them understand that it is hard to talk w/ a mouthful of knuckles.

I can only hope that Redskin fans can be better then other NFL teams fans!

Since we are the GREATEST fans a team can have!

We as the greatest fans a team can have and we have to show the rest of the NFL its ok to bring your family to the game.

Your children can watch the game without some jerk harrassing you because you are not a Redskins fan.

Integrity,HONOR, this a sport not street fight. I am from South East DC. I know all about street fighting. It's nothing like football.

Keep that crap on the street,in an alley not in our beloved REDSKINS stadium!

My son and my grandson are going to Philadelphia Sunday for the game to support our beloved REDSKINS, I can only hope they will be treated with respect and integrity.

The last time my son went to the Philadelphia stadium to support his beloved REDSKINS he was shot in the back with a ball bearing from a wrist rocket and wore a whelp for 2 weeks from it.

When he turned around to see where it came from he said it looked like the whole section shot it!

That was some sad sh$t to happen to any fan from another team!

I was saddened to see posts that promote violence and harrassement to the other teams fans posted on this site. What kind of crap is that? They do not deserve to have a site to post on must less,to have a great team like the REDSKINS!

We are better then that. We have more integrity then that.

:helmet:

REDSKIN FANS ARE THE BEST FANS IN THE NFL,LETS ACT LIKE IT!

Hail to the REDSKINS, Hail VICTORY, Braves on the WARPATH, FIGHT for OLD :helmet: DC! :helmet: :eaglesuck

Are you in anyway related to South East Jerome? :D

dallas children need to hear the letters "F U" from my mouth at the age of 2 months as far as i'm concerned.

football isn't picnic. if you come to the stadium dressed in a bull's eye then you have accepted the harrassment.

the thing that should distinguish us from other fans is the fact that when you go to an opposing stadium you should acknowledge that you are deserving of a tongue lashing and take it to a degree and respect the fans of the home team. that's the difference b/w a skins fan and an eagles fan.

that is all i have to say on this subject.

Damn you said it. I wouldn't go to someone else's home and disrespect them, so don't think you gonna come to mine and disrespect me. It's funny cause I had to set this Bears fan straight a few months ago. I think he had been around a different type of Skins fan and he came out his mouth a little too wrong, then discovered he made a mistake.

I totally agree with your post. We are better than that. As Jack Kent Cooke used to say.. we're the best Damn Fans in the NFL.. but if we resort to violence and meanness, we're only doing what fans like those of the Eagles do to get their reputation.

I don't want to become one of those fans. I want to remain the best fans in the NFL.

The way it has been going lately at FedEX, we might be too late.

I agree as well. I went to the Giants game on Saturday and I was pretty annoyed at some Skins fans. There was a Giants fan sitting in front of me and we were respectfully going at it all game long. I couldn't talk on Xmas because of that Giant fan and how much yelling I filled his head with. We never cussed at each other and never put each other personally down. It was all football talk and I gave him 3 hours of it. However, many fans around me were telling him to f off and taking personal shots at him. I actually broke up a potential fight with him and a Skins fan that was so drunk he could hardly stand up. I was embarrassed. He was a cool guy that just roots for the wrong team. Don't get me wrong - I DID NOT go easy on him, but I did keep it respectful.

Anyone can get drunk and tell people to f off. Thats not how the Redskins fans got the rep of being some of the most knowledgable and classy fans in the NFL.

11 beers and I kept my 'beer muscles' in check. Except when Skins fans were telling me to sit down....grrrrrrr.

I think some of these posters on this site should attend a Redskins away game.

You will have a WHOLE different mentality, appreciation for what an opposing fan has to deal with.

If you dont go to road games then it is easy to say "heckle this guy" or "berade that guy" for wearing enemy jerseys.

I used to be a degenerate that would try to start stuff I suppose....After attending road games you realize how you feel/look doing these ridiculous things.

If a road fan initiates something that is one thing. But going out of your way to do something is absurd.

I don't see how going to a football game is disrespect. Some people actually like watching football and are not that interested in arguing with the opposition.

When I see obnoxious behavior exhibited by anyone in front of kids it really makes me sick. Grow up please, someone should be able to take their kid to a game without having to explain what certain four letter words mean.

I go to a lot of the Redskins home games and I often bring my friends (who are Skins fans) to the game. Thank god the people who sit beside me are much more considerate than nace up there. We might have a competitive word or two about football but at the end of the game we're still in good standing. And I felt that I got to have a good time watching football which I used my hard earned money to pay for. Everyone deserves a good game experience if they've taken the effort to go.

In the UK it's known as hooliganism, which is basically a few bad apples wrecking the entire vibe of a football (soccer) game. It has gotten to the point where most people wouldn't risk taking their children to a game. They throw coins at players as well as at eachother which is rediculous, really. We cannot let that happen here. I don't know how to stop it, but they say the longest journey etc.

You will have a WHOLE different mentality, appreciation for what an opposing fan has to deal with.

If you dont go to road games then it is easy to say "heckle this guy" or "berade that guy" for wearing enemy jerseys.

I used to be a degenerate that would try to start stuff I suppose....After attending road games you realize how you feel/look doing these ridiculous things.

If a road fan initiates something that is one thing. But going out of your way to do something is absurd.

I agree. I've never been to Philly, NY or Dallas for a Skins game but I've seen them in Indy, Tampa, Nashville and Cleveland. The places I've been aren't known for 'rocking the boat' (anyone remember those commercials?), but I was still treated like dirt.

If you want to tell a 2 month old kid in Dallas to F U - then go do it in Dallas....I'm sure you will get a warm welcome.

ive been to skins games @ the vet, giants stadium, and old three rivers(last game played there). I've also sat in the student section at Ohio State and Michigan for Penn State road games. Its been brutal at times, but there is no better feeling than being one of a few fans that is cheering at the end of the game while 60,000 other people shut up.

Heckling opposing fans is part of the hometown fans job in creating a homefield advantage along w/ cheering for their own team. Most of the heckling is all in good fun or hatred, but no one should ever take it personally. People get jacked up about sporting events. I still find it just as easy to "heckle" fans @ home even after going to away games. I am just not as vocal @ away games or say anything stupid that would get 10,000 fans throwing stuff at you.

Respect is a must and there is obviously a line you can't cross, but I don't think you have to welcome them with open arms either. I see nothing wrong with greating adult rival fans with a shower of boos and "**opposing team** suck!" I really like the goodbye song that marks their early exit after it becomes clear they've lost.

There was a punk giants fan behind me that kept asking everyone to sit down when we were on defense on third down. That bama had a jacket over his giants gear by the 3rd qtr and zipped it up so no one could see it. His exit was celebrated by the whole section.

Ok for you people that dont know any better!

A. To come to your opponents stadium to whatch your team play is NOT DISRESPECT.

B. To wear your teams colors and cheer for your team in the stadium of your opponent. IS NOT DISRESPECT.

C. To cheer for your team when your team makes a good play, in the stadium of your opponent is NOT DISRESPECT.

D. To spit on, pour beer on throw trash ,peanuts,popcorn,harrass,threaten,punch,push your opponents fans

IS DISRESPECT for YOURSELFand YOUR OPPONENTS FAN.

BUT MOSTLY YOURSELF.

E. To NOT HONOR your opponents team and fan's with respect when in your own stadium is DISHONORING your HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE, YOUR STADIUM, YOUR TEAM, YOURSELF,and OTHER HOME TEAM FANS.

F. REDSKINS FANS ARE HONORABLE,RESPECTFUL,GREAT HOSTS anyone that disagrees with these statements are not REDSKIN fans. Just punks that ruin it for other REAL REDSKINS FANS.

G. REAL RESPECT STARTS WITH YOURSELF!:logo:

I've read all of the posts here so far. What I've read from most of the posts sicken me. I was at the last two Redskins/49er games in San Francisco. I've been to a few other 49er games. I've been to Raiders games and sat in the Black Hole wearing my Redskins jersey. I've been to Chargers games.

The difference is, I felt totally safe. Yes, I recieved a ribbing. I was expecting it. No one threw beer on me, no one cursed me out for being a fan of a different team. I was cheering San Diego on, while I was in the Black Hole, that's why my friend doesn't invite me to Raiders games with me anymore. At no time, did I not feel safe. At the end of the game, I spoke with some of the Raiders fans, explained the reason why I don't like the Raiders, they laughed and understood.

I've always spoken badly about Eagles fans because of the way they treat other teams fans. To be passionate about a team, you don't have to be drunken a-holes.

I saw where someone wrote about needing a "hostile environment". What that means, is to the opposing teams PLAYERS!!! The fans are just that, fans. You are suppose to yell and scream and attempt to disrupt the other team. You are not suppose to make anyone scared to attend. One of the reasons that I've always been a fan of the Redskins is because this was the attitude that we insued.

For all of the true Redskins fans, I appologize, this was not entended for you. For all of you bandwagoneers, that don't know the true meaning of the words "having fun", get a life. I'm ashamed of each and everyone of you. Grow up, this isn't the playground anymore, stop trying to be the bullies.

Archived