Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WEEK SEVENTEEN Picks, Pats, and Apologies

kleese

Last Week: 8-8 :)

Season: 153-85

Link to last week's thread: http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134390

Last Week's Pats: I got Redskins over Giants and Bucs over Falcons, but I missed on all of my upset picks.

Last Week's Apologies: As I said, I missed all of my upset picks. I started the year on a hot streak with upset specials, but I've been tailspinning in that department ever since. I must extend an apology to the Jags-- I picked the miserable Texans to beat them. Stupid me :doh:

This Week's Picks:

Denver at San Diego: The media must be in shock right now. The mighty Chargers have been eliminated from the playoffs. Never has a team been more widely overrated as this year's Chargers-- their flat performance last week in Kansas City should send the message home. In this meaningless game, the Chargers will beat Denver and leave San Diego fans scratching their heads.

Chargers 24, Broncos 17

New York Giants at Oakland: The Raiders packed this season away about five weeks ago-- they've barely bothered to show up the past three games, and their offense has dipped to an embarrasing level. I do think they'll suck it up and play a bit harder on national TV this week, and Kerry Collins may have some extra motivation playing the Giants. But no way does New York blow this one-- even with their injuries on defense.

Giants 27, Raiders 20

Arizona at Indianapolis: Even though this game means nada for the Colts, I see them playing somewhat inspired and getting back on track before the playoffs begin. Another miserable season comes to an end in Arizona.

Colts 26, Cardinals 16

Baltimore at Cleveland: Is Kyle Boller's recent play an omen for the future, or just an example of an out-of-the-race team beating up on some weak opponent's? This late surge may save Brian Billick's job.

Ravens 20, Browns 17

Buffalo at New York Jets: Nice of Buffalo to show up last week-- about 14 weeks too late.

Bills 17, Jets 15

Carolina at Atlanta: Even though this game is huge for the Panthers and meaningless for the Falcons, I have a funny feeling Atlanta has something up their sleeve this week. I think they just may unleash their season of frustration on a division rival. The Panthers have looked shaky at best lately.

Falcons 23, Panthers 20

Cincinnati at Kansas City: The Chiefs can fool themselves into thinking their alive, and don't think the Bengals aren't aware that a loss will most likely pit them against the Jags instead of the Steelers. I see the Chiefs pulling away early.

Chiefs 28, Bengals 17

Detroit at Pittsburgh: This game might as well be over right now. Lions over Steelers? In Pittsburgh? With the playoffs on the line for the Steelers? Ha!

Steelers 31, Lions 9

Miami at New England: The Dolphins are ending the season on a nice run, but the Patriots are running as well as any team in the league right-- Indy beware!

Patriots 24, Dolphins 20

New Orleans at Tampa Bay: The Saints started with a bang and then took the rest of the season off. Can they end it the way they started it? Doubtful. Tampa wins and truly earns their division title this year.

Bucs 20, Saints 10

Seattle at Green Bay: I keep picking the Seahawks to get upset and I keep picking the Packers to pull an upset. Might as well stick with the theme in what SHOULD be Brett Favre's last game.

Packers 19, Seahawks 16

Houston at San Francisco: No one will be watching. Check that-- I can think of one guy--- Reggie Bush.

49ers 17, Texans 13

Tennessee at Jacksonville: Jags will cap off a great season with a typically dull victory.

Jaguars 21, Titans 13

Chicago at Minnesota: Two weeks ago, this looked like it could be a great season-ending battle. Now, it's just two teams with nothing to play for.

Vikings 20, Bears 17

Washington at Philadelphia: I'll post more on this game later, but while it is far from a sure thing, it just doesn't seem likely that the Redskins would come this far and then lose to an inferior team with nothing to play for. Redskins clinch, although it might not be easy.

Redskins 20, Eagles 16

St. Louis at Chicago: If my Falcons over Panthers pick comes true, then this game will mean everything to Dallas. With the type of season they've had, I'd be fool to call any game a "gimmie," but this is as close as it gets. This game will either put a smiling cap on what has been an gut-wrenching season for the Cowboys, or it will be a meaningless contenst where Dallas fans mull over the woulda coulda, shoulda's all night long.

Cowboys 30, Rams 14

St. Louis at Chicago: If my Falcons over Panthers pick comes true, then this game will mean everything to Dallas. With the type of season they've had, I'd be fool to call any game a "gimmie," but this is as close as it gets. This game will either put a smiling cap on what has been an gut-wrenching season for the Cowboys, or it will be a meaningless contenst where Dallas fans mull over the woulda coulda, shoulda's all night long.

Cowboys 30, Rams 14

Shouldn't this say St. Louis at Dallas?

:eaglesuck

Archived