Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Redskin Rivalry????

SkinsFanInSeattle

Living here in Seattle in the midst of Seahawks country, I don't get my fair share of Redskin Love like a lot of you do. But I bleed Burgundy and Gold like the rest of you. I was watching our regional fox sports channel the other night and they were interviewing Jerramy Stevens, TE of the Seattle Seahawks. There was something that he said that really grabbed my attention. When asked about who he would like to play in the playoffs he said, with no hesitation, the Washington Redskins. He said it because, and I quote, "Because they were the last team to beat us...", and "that he has a couple of things to say, to a couple of guys on that team." He also said that "it was a game that we should've won, and I'm confident if we play them again..."

Where did this come, I ask???

Anyways, rest assurred, if we can make it to Seattle, I will be there sporting my Portis jersey singing Hail to the Redskins all day for all of you redskins faithful unable to make the trip out to Seattle.

I live near Seattle, I hear the same garbage all over the local stations...it makes me sick. Look at Seattle's schedule this year. I was doing a little research and they have only played 5 games against a team with a winning record. 2 games they lost and 1 game (Indy) was a givin game being that Indy didnt even play their starters most of the game. Anyway, my point is that Seattle is way OVERRATED!!

i dont buy this "they should have beat us" nonsense either. we were thoroughly dominating that game for 3 quarters. they managed to make a comeback in the fourth and a tipped pass INT gave them the ball in FG range. sure, it clanked off the crossbar, but them's the breaks! if they were supposed to beat us, maybe they should have stopped us from driving the ball down their throats in OT?

I hear it all the time living here. All the Seachicken fans I know keep saying how they should have won that game. I tell them that it's pointless to mention that because first of all we had them beat, but let them back into the game, Second of all; the int should have never happened, and third of all; any field goal over 40 yards is no gimmi.

One of the funniest things I have heard is how load they are. I have been to a few Seahawk games and the fans are not loud in comparison to the Redskin fans in FedEx. They can't hold a candle to Redskin fans.

All I can say is "Bring it on!"

I remember the game vividly because I won $100 from my seachicken friends. It was portis who deflected the pass, and it was thrown behind him... Actually he ran an in route, when he should've ran an out. Regardless, we were like 70% on third downs, and held Alexander to what I believe his worst performance of the season. So, in saying that we were dominant against the seachickens is definietly a fair statement. If any of you guys want to come to Seattle and watch the game I would love the extra company. (if it happens of course.)

:cheers:

We beat Seattle with a better performance. it was a bit of a nailbiter, but we outplayed them through most of the game. It was another one of our games that perhaps shouldn't have been so close in the end. They are a good team, though, so it demonstrates the competetiveness of the two teams.

I remember after the Bucs - Skins playoff game from the '99 season, folks were talking about a "new rivalry." Of course, they were assuming that the 'Skins were going to be in the playoffs more often from that point and playing the Bucs in the post-season in future years. That unfortunately didn't occur. I do think, though, there is a minor rivalry between the 'Skins and the Bucs. We always have good games between the teams and there has been a little bit of "bad blood," though not nearly as much as traditional 'Skins rivals, of course. But when we play the Bucs, I always want to see us stomp them.

Archived