Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

foxsports.com Power Rankings (merged)

SloppyOneXXVI

5. REDSKINS 9-6 8 10 13 11 5 8

Note that Washington isn't fifth for the entire season. For these power rankings, we use a weighted formula that gives more strength to recent games in order to capture a better picture of how teams are playing right now. For the full season, Washington is No. 10. (That rating is listed for every team under "Full Year.") NEXT: at PHI

I know, I know, power rankings don't mean **** in the end, but I like Foxsports' way of doing power rankings because its all numbers. That and it makes the Skins look mighty good.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5199720

:eaglesuck

16. COWBOYS 9-6 17 14 16 15 14 22

Bill Parcells is considering retirement. By "retirement," the Tuna means "quitting and then taking another job after a year off." NEXT: vs. STL

:laugh:

How true.

One thing I would point out, special teams ranking of 8.

Thats better that any playoff nfc team except carolina.

All the work in the offseason with ST's has paid off.

Did you also notice that during this winning streak we have been playing with a short field alot.

Well the funny thing is, there is no explanation for why the skins are 5th. All they have is saying "this isnt for the ENTIRE season". Funny.

Its nice to see us get some credit, but the 5th?? I dunno.. even for a homer like me.

Could we beat NE? Maybe Cinci? Ehh. Steelers ?? umm

Thankfully we will meet them in the SB, since they are AFC. :eaglesuck

yea i feel u man. but u gotta love their comment on us...

Note that Washington isn't fifth for the entire season. For these power rankings, we use a weighted formula that gives more strength to recent games in order to capture a better picture of how teams are playing right now. For the full season, Washington is No. 10.

lol no one wants to believe it. omg i can't believe i care about the redskins doin well in late December. pinch me haha

LOL, take a look at Oakland's write-up:

On the other hand, sometimes the numbers tell us that a team is better than its record, but the team doesn't turn it around like Washington, instead they just give up on the season and start playing like Chumpzilla. Hi, we're the Oakland Raiders. NEXT: vs. NYG (Sat.)

Four weeks ago, we had the Washington Redskins ranked in the top 10 even though they were 5-6 and had lost three straight. Suffice to say, we got a lot of complaints. But the numbers said that the Redskins had played games close with a tough schedule and suffered from very bad luck recovering loose balls.

Four weeks later, the Redskins have four straight wins and control their own playoff destiny at 9-6. The last two weeks, they've beaten two division rivals by a combined score of 70-27. They're looking like a dangerous team going into the playoffs, since for some unknown reason nobody can figure out that you need to double Santana Moss. And they now rank in the top five of the FOXSports.com Power Rankings

boy it sure does feel good to have won that convincingly.

Archived