Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins Might Just Do It

Tomel

Consider the following stats through week 16 . . .

o Only 4 of the Skins opponents have losing records (3 wins + a loss to Oakland)

o 3 opponents have already won their division

o 2 additional opponents currently lead their division

o The Skins have 3 wins among division winners or leaders (Chicago, Seattle, NewYork)

o Except for the 36 point loss to New York, the Skins have averaged only a 4 point deficit in their losses

Not too shabby in my view. If we can record a solid win this week against Philly, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Skins in the NFC Championship against Seattle (now a second win in one season over Seattle might be tough going).

The emotional intensity the team would have from making the playoffs would be tremendous. The Skins match up on paper well against most if not all NFC teams. However emotion and physical health and strength win games. Every team should be concerned about injuries which can turn good teams to posers (Philly anyone). The Iggles would love to dissapoint the promise of this season and the Skins would probably just be happy to sweep them, even if the playoffs were out of reach. We'll see what the playoff matchings look like and then we'll start talking about them advancing.

:eaglesuck

o Only 4 of the Skins opponents have losing records (3 wins + a loss to Oakland)

o The Skins have 3 wins among division winners or leaders (Chicago, Seattle, NewYork)

o Except for the 36 point loss to New York, the Skins have averaged only a 4 point deficit in their losses

Not too shabby in my view. If we can record a solid win this week against Philly, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Skins in the NFC Championship against Seattle (now a second win in one season over Seattle might be tough going).

Wow, if that is accurate, I think those are great stats ... we are so battle tested its not funny

We have a lot to be proud of with these Redskins! Just think how close we came to winning the division! This team is on a mission and should roll over

the Eagles. Anything can happen - but it would be shocking if we lost. Win and were in - nothing else to say.

yeh i consider the bucs game a win as well... although it shouldn't have been that close so maybe we really should consider it a loss?

Either way, I do believe that we have the most respectful record for how tough our schedule was. Seattle and Dallas and Carolina all had much easier schedules i thought.

Archived