Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I want to THANK fans for being hostile at FedEx!

sumodat

We made a ton of noise and were standing up, and I was sitting the club level

I never make personal threats or heckle opposing fans personally but I will say something like "YOU GUYS WONT RUN ON US TODAY, DONT TRY IT"

Or "SHOCKEY WANTS NONE OF THAT"

Stuff like that which really is harmless but makes them realize it is our house

At the Ravens game last year I had a good back and forth with Ravens fans who knew it was our house and realized that its best not to talk trash about the Redskins. As long as you are not dissing our team or mocking Hail to the Redskins, you are cool because this is our house

It was my opinion that the thread starter was suggesting a bit more, and that's why I asked him to give his definition, which he did not.

I actually DID define it for you....

I explained it in my post. I think heckling and smack talking and emotional defense of your team is part of the experience when you go to a game.

For instance, there was a whole row of Giants fans sitting right next to me Saturday. I made sure they understood they were sitting in FedEx field; NOT the Meadowlands.

I didn't throw beer on them or cuss them out, but I am sure they went home wishing they could have done something else with that 4 hours.

My point is, there are people here starting threads about how we should be ashamed of ourselves and I think that is BS. These are the people who don't understand competition. We keep score for a reason. We cheer our team on for a reason. And we hate our rivals for a reason.

It is refreshing to me that FedEx is building a reputation. Not for classless acts like fighting and throwing beer, but for being loud and the hostile enviornment the fans have created.

Just look at all the threads started about carpooling to go to Philly. People are intimidated. I am not saying I want fans to fear coming here because they might get beat up or their car turned over, or anything like that (stuff that happens in Philly). But I do want them coming here with an understanding that it is not going to be an enjoyable experience to come to the biggest stadium in the league, FedEx, rooting for our opposition!

That is all I am trying to say.

So for that, I think all of the fans that delivered. I was there. I saw it. It was awesome! :applause:

People are hearing what they want to hear. If you actually go through and read my posts, I think it is QUITE clear where I stand on the issue.

I think it should be a hostile enviornment, but NOT a violent one.

NO BEER THROWING/SPITTING

NO FIGHTING

NO CUSSING AT OTHERS

ETC...

Is that clear enough for you?

I deal with the other teams fans that come to our stadium, I mess with them but im not violent towards them. I think it is dissrespectfull of them to show up at our home in another teams colors. I would never go to another teams stadium for a Redskins game but thats just me.

As I was standing in line to use the bathroom in the green lot this lady had on a Giants jacket and said it was good luck because everytime she wears it ta a home game they win. YEA I had to remind her that she wasn't at a home game.

I actually DID define it for you....

People are hearing what they want to hear. If you actually go through and read my posts, I think it is QUITE clear where I stand on the issue.

I think it should be a hostile enviornment, but NOT a violent one.

NO BEER THROWING/SPITTING

NO FIGHTING

NO CUSSING AT OTHERS

ETC...

We are hearing exactly what you are saying. Now you're starting to back track with the NO CUSSIN, but you made it clear to "heckle the **** out of them for the entire game." What you're saying is to verbally abuse the opposing fans for the duration of the game, and make it so they never want to come back.

Don't try to church it up since you've been called out. Your saying it's about testosterone, and if you don't have enough of it then you won't understand.

You're not a player. You're a fan. That's all you'll ever be.

You're trying to speak with generalized ideas, and have been carefull not to be too specific in what you phrase as, "heckling and all that." Fact is that as a ticket buyer I have every right to complain about "classless fans." And as much as it may bother us, opposing fans have just as much right to tickets to FED-EX as we do.

Its pretty easy

Don't be an asshat. Have fun, make them feel like poo because thier team is going to lose, but maintain some personal dignity in it

I did something stupid the other day, I booed a lady and her daughter who was probably 11 while I was walking through the club level :doh:

Yeah its harmless, but it was fairly classless and unecessary and my friend has called me out on it in conversations with other friends this week

Just don't let yourself look like a jerk and don't ever be "that guy"

We are hearing exactly what you are saying. Now you're starting to back track with the NO CUSSIN, but you made it clear to "heckle the **** out of them for the entire game." What you're saying is to verbally abuse the opposing fans for the duration of the game, and make it so they never want to come back.

Don't try to church it up since you've been called out. Your saying it's about testosterone, and if you don't have enough of it then you won't understand.

You're not a player. You're a fan. That's all you'll ever be.

You're trying to speak with generalized ideas, and have been carefull not to be too specific in what you phrase as, "heckling and all that." Fact is that as a ticket buyer I have every right to complain about "classless fans." And as much as it may bother us, opposing fans have just as much right to tickets to FED-EX as we do.

Well, I never did back track. In my first post I said the same thing as I said all along.

And just because I say heckle the **** out of them, that does not mean I cuss AT THEM. It is a phrase!

You keep trying to prove a point, but you can't. I never said I was one of the violent fans. I just said I am an emotional fan who heckles and smack talks other fans.

You don't get it and I am not going to discuss it with you anymore. It is getting tiresome. I have made sure I am clear in what I am saying. You are trying hard to twist it, but you can't because I have been consistant throughout.

As for me trying not to be too specific on "heckling and all that." What else can I say? You want to know what I say, verbatem? I mean, I don't know what more you want. If you read my posts I think it would be clear.

The fact is, you said in a post almost exactly what I have been saying AFTER you saw the way the responses were going. It is actually you who changed his stance.

I have not been careful. I STARTED THE THREAD. Why then would I be careful? If I were worried about responses, I would have kept my opinion to myself.

The fact is, you took from my post what you wanted, but you clearly never fully comprehended any of it. You are taking issue with one small phrase ("and all that") and trying to turn it in to something, even though I have been clear to say what I do and do not do.

My thread was to thank the fans for making FedEx a hostile enviornment because some "other" people were busy criticizing us! If it isn't your kind of place, don't go. No one is forcing you to!

As far as being a fan, and not a player... :applause:

No ****! Where did this come from??

And you can complain all you want. But the people you are complaining about don't seem to be here. Yet you want to accuse me of more than what I have said. Nice try.

Talk about heckling.... :rolleyes:

Well, I never did back track. In my first post I said the same thing as I said all along.

And just because I say heckle the **** out of them, that does not mean I cuss AT THEM. It is a phrase!

You keep trying to prove a point, but you can't. I never said I was one of the violent fans. I just said I am an emotional fan who heckles and smack talks other fans.

You don't get it and I am not going to discuss it with you anymore. It is getting tiresome. I have made sure I am clear in what I am saying. You are trying hard to twist it, but you can't because I have been consistant throughout.

As for me trying not to be too specific on "heckling and all that." What else can I say? You want to know what I say, verbatem? I mean, I don't know what more you want. If you read my posts I think it would be clear.

The fact is, you said in a post almost exactly what I have been saying AFTER you saw the way the responses were going. It is actually you who changed his stance.

I have not been careful. I STARTED THE THREAD. Why then would I be careful? If I were worried about responses, I would have kept my opinion to myself.

The fact is, you took from my post what you wanted, but you clearly never fully comprehended any of it. You are taking issue with one small phrase ("and all that") and trying to turn it in to something, even though I have been clear to say what I do and do not do.

My thread was to thank the fans for making FedEx a hostile enviornment because some "other" people were busy criticizing us! If it isn't your kind of place, don't go. No one is forcing you to!

As far as being a fan, and not a player... :applause:

No ****! Where did this come from??

And you can complain all you want. But the people you are complaining about don't seem to be here. Yet you want to accuse me of more than what I have said. Nice try.

Talk about heckling.... :rolleyes:

you are back peddling so bad, You really think its ok to heckle the #### out of other team fans and be hostile toward them, now you are changeing it to no verbal abuse. Guys like you embarrass a long time skin fan like me. Keep it classy Washigton.

Geez, I just don't know.

Unfortunately, I don't get to come up to DC much any more, but I remember having a ball at RFK when attending several games over the years.

I used to grab my grub and brew, get in my seat, greet n' glad-hand my friends and fellow fans then focus on the game.

Holler my ass off for the team and try to disrupt the flow of the opponent.

And frankly, I paid little attention to fans of the other team.... albeit not many were there.... there would be some ribbing and heckling, but no abuse verbal or otherwise that I witnessed, at least.

Now, I read this elitist philosophy wherein we fans are supposed to intimidate the opposing fans so they "don't want to come back"

Well, FedEx is a public venue, these fans get their tickets, and believe it or not, they have just as much right to be here and enjoy the game... as you do.

Using tactics of intimidation to exclude others from their rights.... just rubs me the wrong way...... sorry.

Then further demanding that those who do not follow.... relinquish their just deserves and submit their season tickets so that they can be used to further the cause.......

These utterances are almost scary..... from anyone let alone from a Skins fan.

The players and coaches are paid handsomely to do "battle" on the field, yet they seem to manage to still shake hands, pray together and go on their way.

Home field advantage is for the team not against the fans.....

For those of you who witness such antics and care...... those digital cameras and video cams are quite handy for backing up your complaints to security about some of these "two can Dans" and their followers, from either side.

BTW- The testosterone thing is a bunch of bunk, I've had it for a long time, got plenty left and I still have no problem remaining civil.

Cheering, and supporting the Skins is one thing but when people go after other fans (no matter what they are wearing) that is unacceptable. Great because of a few obnoxious classless morons we are getting a reputation like Philly, hope you a$$holes are happy. Whats next are we going to have to put in a Skins court and jail at the stadium? HOW FREAKING EMBARASSING to the organization and the city of Washington.

So then, most of us feel the same way. We enjoy jabbing and yabbing at the opposing team and thier fans, but we understand to keep it classy. It was my opinion that the thread starter was suggesting a bit more, and that's why I asked him to give his definition, which he did not.

In the end it's all about supporting the Redskins. I'm a self admitted homer, but I feel that the fans, as well as the team should take on the characteristics of its coach. What would Coach Gibbs do? How would you like your family to be treated if you were visiting the Link?

It's not about testosterone, it's about the Golden Rule. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. It's just good manners, and it doesn't mean that we're weak. It means we're respectful. The coach has worked hard to build a team of character players; maybe we should be character fans. Just a thought.

Amen brother. Perspective people.

I'm louder than anyone at the game cheering for the 'Skins but at the same time I'd hope a Giants fan could bring his family to the game and not have to worry about having to fight his way out. We are football fans not gang members.

BTW, when did the childish "You Suck" chant become mandatory?

So after reading this thread, I should anticipate getting beer poured over my head, cussed out, and my butt kicked when I wear my Redskin colors to the Philly game this Sunday.

Cool, I'll just bring my Blue Cross / Blue Shield card; but just like those visiting fans to FedEX, I will support my team....

you guys are very immature thats why i never posted in a year, but after sats game i could not hold it in any longer. what was the reason many season ticket holders sold their tickets to other teams fans last year? we had 4 wins and its called fairweather. i did not sit on my hands i cheered loud and did my part as the 12th man, just because i choose to act with a little class i am outted as not being a skins fan, this only proves my point that the fans these days act like punks.

all I can say is: WAHHH WAHHH WAHHHHHH!

Did anyone see any good fights? One dude in the upper lever sect. 402?? area got beat down. It went on for like 5 minutes before the dude was carried (hogtied)out. You just do not go into the opposing stadium and talk trash. You are looking for a fight. These jersey clowns will not forget their introduction to Fedex!

"Good fights"? Don't be a jerk. There is no such thing. It's that kind of attitude that is embarrassing to me as a Redskins fan (of 28 years). I'm all for screaming my bloody head off (which I did at the Dallas game), but fighting is for children (and child-like adults). It's a freakin' game. Leave that crap to the Philly fans.

Amen brother. Perspective people.

I'm louder than anyone at the game cheering for the 'Skins but at the same time I'd hope a Giants fan could bring his family to the game and not have to worry about having to fight his way out. We are football fans not gang members.

BTW, when did the childish "You Suck" chant become mandatory?

It actually started out as a hockey chant, and somehow has made it's way to football. I admit that I chant it, and it probably is sophomoric. But, I can't help it.

Seriously, you think these people have the right to come into OUR STADIUM? How dare they? I don't go into their stadiums, they have no right to come into ours. I'll give them all the hell I want. I told every Cowboys fan that night to "get the **** out" after we won, and they deserved it.

Seriously, you think these people have the right to come into OUR STADIUM? How dare they? I don't go into their stadiums, they have no right to come into ours. I'll give them all the hell I want. I told every Cowboys fan that night to "get the **** out" after we won, and they deserved it.

What a punk you must be! You dont deserve to be a REDSKINS fan!

What a punk you must be! You dont deserve to be a REDSKINS fan!

Are you serious? You sit around and see these disrespectful people flaunting their opposing team's jearseys and just take it? Personally, I would never go into another team's stadium and disrespect them like that. This is REDSKINS STADIUM, and believe me, I've heard OVER MANY YEARS dallas fans cussing at us when they beat our asses over the past 10 years. They are there to SPOIL OUR FUN and laugh at us when we lose. So we can't dish it back? HOW DARE THEY COME INTO OUR STADIUM? Honestly, this isn't a McDonalds, NOT EVERYONE IS WELCOME.

I couldn't agree more with making Fedex the loudest stadium in the NFL. And I love how the "wine and cheese" crowd is being rooted out for the real Skin fans. But one thing bothers me. I was at the Dallas game and every 10 minutes I heard the "YOU SUCK!" chant. I really cannot stand this chant. It's so classless and tacky. It's something you hear at a Maryland basketball game. Can't we come up with something more imaginative then "YOU SUCK!"??

I couldn't agree more with making Fedex the loudest stadium in the NFL. And I love how the "wine and cheese" crowd is being rooted out for the real Skin fans. But one thing bothers me. I was at the Dallas game and every 10 minutes I heard the "YOU SUCK!" chant. I really cannot stand this chant. It's so classless and tacky. It's something you hear at a Maryland basketball game. Can't we come up with something more imaginative then "YOU SUCK!"??

I will agree that the "YOU SUCK" chant is terrible and I keep my mouth shut in disgust when I hear it. And you know Gibbs hates that too, but won't tell us to stop.

Are you serious? You sit around and see these disrespectful people flaunting their opposing team's jearseys and just take it? Personally, I would never go into another team's stadium and disrespect them like that. This is REDSKINS STADIUM, and believe me, I've heard OVER MANY YEARS dallas fans cussing at us when they beat our asses over the past 10 years. They are there to SPOIL OUR FUN and laugh at us when we lose. So we can't dish it back? HOW DARE THEY COME INTO OUR STADIUM? Honestly, this isn't a McDonalds, NOT EVERYONE IS WELCOME.

At the young age of 75, you haven't learned very much. Are you sure you're not an Eagles fan....Mr. "Greenmile"?

Archived