Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Upon further review-Dockery is sick (Slang)

HailYeah

Watching the Clinton Portis highlights from Skins-fanatic's clips, Dockery is taking care of business in a big way. On a lot of those 6+yd. runs, Dockery is driving his man on the line, or whatever LB is in front of him back 10, 15, 20 feet. Portis' patience is paying off when he follows that big #66. The Tackles had to worry more about pass protection and they got the job done, but Dock was man-handling the "Wee-men" all over the field. Even on the Santana screen TD, Dock is way down the field driving the DB backwards in to the endzone. I can see why Gibbs and Co. gave him an award!

I will admit that at one point I was ready to give up on Dock. I thought he was undisciplined, over-weight, and didnt have his heart in the game. He is proving me (and others) wrong, realizing his potential, becoming the STEAMROLLER we need him to be. Here is everybody's chance to eat crow, scream I told you so, or simply disagree.

Props to DD!!!!!!!!

steamroller_02.jpg

I think all of our offensive linemen have shown remarkable improvement since Gibbs returned. Dockery's improvement is just a microcosm of this. Samuels, Dock, Thomas, and Jansen are playing the best football of their careers. And they are playing as a unit. This is a testament to how good of a 0-line coach Joe Bugel really is.

I think Rabach was a good pickup also, of course, and Ray Brown is filling in well. But what really impresses me is how much better these guys that have been here for a while are playing under Buge's tutelage.

We need to keep this line together for a long time. We all knew that Dock had the physical tools, he just had to get right mentally. It seems like he is doing that which pleases me. That means that a later round pickup is really paying off for us. I know that we have Thomas, Jansen, Samuels and Rabach locked up long term. Maybe if they really like what they see they might want to think about extending him and keeping these guys all together for the next 4-5 years. They would really develop chemistry that way.

The slang expression of 'sick' is an applied attaboy if you will. Saying someone is sick in this context just denotes his dominance and utter control over the wee men that were. I think when Dock is operating he should look over at his opponent and say "I'll be your huckleberry". Now that would be sick ;)

The only thing that bothers me about him is....

"Holding. Offense. #66"

In that aspect he reminds me of (old school here help me out) George "Holding. Offense. #74" Starke.

I do like him though and always thought that, when his mind is right, he is a beast.

(Beast = sick, but not a sick beast. That's the Hitstick,or whatever nickname we gave him):D

I'm not ready to sing his praises yet. there is no question that he has plays where he just destroys the guy in front of him, but he's also the guy who is standing up at the end of a broken play having hit no one. He's a big hit or miss guy and from your offensive line, you neeed consistency. Can he get better? Absolutely. I have in no way given up faith in this guy. He's still young and more importantly IS getting better. But if a monster guard falls to us in the draft, you have to consider it.

I'm not ready to sing his praises yet. there is no question that he has plays where he just destroys the guy in front of him, but he's also the guy who is standing up at the end of a broken play having hit no one. He's a big hit or miss guy and from your offensive line, you neeed consistency. Can he get better? Absolutely. I have in no way given up faith in this guy. He's still young and more importantly IS getting better. But if a monster guard falls to us in the draft, you have to consider it.

Good points. I was expecting more posts like this. He is certainly a guy to root for and I think he can be great with more consistency. The last few weeks have given me a lot to believe in, including Dockery turning the corner.

I think all of our offensive linemen have shown remarkable improvement since Gibbs returned. Dockery's improvement is just a microcosm of this. Samuels, Dock, Thomas, and Jansen are playing the best football of their careers. And they are playing as a unit. This is a testament to how good of a 0-line coach Joe Bugel really is.

I think Rabach was a good pickup also, of course, and Ray Brown is filling in well. But what really impresses me is how much better these guys that have been here for a while are playing under Buge's tutelage.

Agreed. Rabach a huge pickup. Whole line starting to believe in themselves. Watching the tape gets me so pumped. Seeing our line knocking guys around in every direction, forward, backward, side-to-side. The last two weeks have lit a fire under this team. God this is exciting.

Archived