Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peter King Comment On The Skins Win Over The Giants

Califan007

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/12/27/peterking/1.html

Excerpt:

"SOME QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GIANTS' HANDLING OF THEIR LOSS AT WASHINGTON. From Eric, of Bowie N.C.: "Is there any good reason why the Giants left Will Allen one-on-one with Santana Moss? If you double him with a safety, the Redskins have absolutely no passing game.''

I believe the Giants did have a safety over the top; he was just late in getting over to the play. And Eric, did you see the Redskins-Cowboys game last week? Fellow by the name of Chris Cooley, a tight end/H-back, caught three touchdown passes from Mark Brunell. Know this about a Joe Gibbs-coached team: He's going to find different ways to get lots of guys involved in the passing game."

Peter King being generous??

he proceeds to say:

SIMPLIFY THE PLAYBOOK FOR ELI MANNING. From Neil Rosen of New York: "I am a huge Giants fan and think their problems arise when Manning has to do too much. The playbook should be simplified. It should have more screens, down and outs, draw plays and three-step releases.''

Well, Neil, I respect your fervor, and thanks for writing. But let me just say this: No one would be writing this about Manning, and the talk shows in New York wouldn't be filled with Manning hand-wringing in the last three days if Plaxico Burress had caught a pass right in his hands, in the end zone, on the first play of Saturday's game, and if Chris Snee hadn't committed a totally meaningless holding penalty on the fourth-quarter touchdown pass to Amani Toomer that was negated.

:doh:

woulda, coulda, shoulda petey. We can play that game all day if you would like to. Suck it up, your boys got slapped. Deal with it, the Redskins are a much better team than you want to admit, and all of a sudden your giants look very ordinary.

Saying that we're gonna find a way to get different guys involved in the passing game is a bit of a stretch.. We usually have only 4 or 5 players making catches: Moss, Cooley, Royal, Portis, Betts

Only 4-5 (six, if you include Sellers) different receivers? Sheesh... we should be embarassed... :doh:

That was sarcasm, in case no one picked up on it.

he proceeds to say:

Quote:

SIMPLIFY THE PLAYBOOK FOR ELI MANNING. From Neil Rosen of New York: "I am a huge Giants fan and think their problems arise when Manning has to do too much. The playbook should be simplified. It should have more screens, down and outs, draw plays and three-step releases.''

Well, Neil, I respect your fervor, and thanks for writing. But let me just say this: No one would be writing this about Manning, and the talk shows in New York wouldn't be filled with Manning hand-wringing in the last three days if Plaxico Burress had caught a pass right in his hands, in the end zone, on the first play of Saturday's game, and if Chris Snee hadn't committed a totally meaningless holding penalty on the fourth-quarter touchdown pass to Amani Toomer that was negated.

He forgets to mention:

That the Redskins pretty much shut down the offense after the Ramsey/Moss td. Seven passes in the second half.

he proceeds to say:

woulda, coulda, shoulda petey. We can play that game all day if you would like to. Suck it up, your boys got slapped. Deal with it, the Redskins are a much better team than you want to admit, and all of a sudden your giants look very ordinary.

I agree with King......did I just say that? :D

I think the Skins still would have won.....but it would have been a MUCH different game if the Giants would have scored on the first play. Remember how that worked last time in the Meodowlands? I could hear the crowd exhale after that drop all the way in S.D.!! ;)

he proceeds to say:

Petey should've also added something about the abject refusal to call holding on Whitfield and Petitgout. Those guys looked like they learned how to block from watching some Wrestlemania marathon. If they get called for that, the Giants offense gets completely stopped. If they don't hold, Eli gets hauled off in an ambulance.

I picked up on it and I was thinking the same thing. That is enough guys for me. If it makes people happy we can add Thrash to the list after this Sunday. Sheesh! What do we have to do to please people and get props like we deserve??? Peyton Manning hits 4 guys max a game and he is a living legend. Sheesh!

He forgets to mention:

That the Redskins pretty much shut down the offense after the Ramsey/Moss td. Seven passes in the second half.

We didn't need to pass anyone. The game was already won and the G-girls couldn't stop the run. The G-Girls are such Suckers! :laugh:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/12/27/peterking/1.html

Excerpt:

"SOME QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GIANTS' HANDLING OF THEIR LOSS AT WASHINGTON. From Eric, of Bowie N.C.: "Is there any good reason why the Giants left Will Allen one-on-one with Santana Moss? If you double him with a safety, the Redskins have absolutely no passing game.''

I believe the Giants did have a safety over the top; he was just late in getting over to the play. And Eric, did you see the Redskins-Cowboys game last week? Fellow by the name of Chris Cooley, a tight end/H-back, caught three touchdown passes from Mark Brunell. Know this about a Joe Gibbs-coached team: He's going to find different ways to get lots of guys involved in the passing game."

That's it - someone killed Peter King and is secretly mailing in columns in his name.

Saying that we're gonna find a way to get different guys involved in the passing game is a bit of a stretch.. We usually have only 4 or 5 players making catches: Moss, Cooley, Royal, Portis, Betts

Four or five options are alot to deal with from a defensive standpoint. An offense with two to three options already makes an opposing defense trembles.

he proceeds to say:

Exactly. Who cares about if Buress would've made that catch. We can easily say if Toomer doesn't get that lucky deflected pass into his hands the Giants would've only scored 13 points, with 7 coming on defense. I'm loving it. I walked into the office today and our UPS guy has been talking crap to me since the 36-0 loss at Giants stadium. Now he's crapping on his brown pants.

Archived