Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prime time games next year?

Guest ComebackKing

Guest ComebackKing

Usually for the past couple of seasons because our record sucked so much we got 1 Monday night football game and if we were lucky a sunday night game. With a 10-6 record (and hopefully some playoff wins) I am hoping we get to make more than 1 Monday night game and maybe make a Sunday night game or 2. I love being able to watch the Skins play in front of the nation and this is great for all of you who live outside the Skins viewing area. Think we will get more than 1 monday night game next year?

Guest ComebackKing
Actually, if you want to get technical...we want the Sunday night games next year on NBC, because those are now considered the marque match ups for the week. Monday night is now turning into the Sunday night game, those will be on ESPN.
ESPN is paying almost a billion dolla for Monday night slot so I assume they will do all they can to drum up big time ratings by doing some cool things. Plus the final few Sunday night games next year might be moved if the teams suck (I heard that from somewhere)

Guest ComebackKing

I hate watching sucky teams play at night! If the skins play at night, at least the day games you know you will usually see some good matchups because there is much better chance of CBS or FOX showing a good game.

Guest ComebackKing

When was the last time the Skins played at home Monday night? Must have been at least 3 or 4 years... The past 2 years we have been home for our Sunday night game. But I'd like a home Monday game...

Guest ComebackKing

I just checked and it was 2002 vs the Eagles a game on Monday night we lost of course! I remember the game just couldn't remember if it was here or in Philly.

Guest ComebackKing

Redskins VS Cowpukes is a good matchup for Monday night and usually they stick it early in the season before one of us starts playing crappy. come to find out the game a couple weeks back between us and the Cowpukes could have been a great MNF game but it was fine enough being late on Sunday.

No way. I hate Primetime games. I'll take 16 1 PM Sunday games anyday.

I agree 1 pm is better. Last year we had 1 Monday night vs. Dallas and two Sunday night games. I don't leave early from games every and this makes it much more difficult to get up in the morning to go to work.

I'm sure we will have some primetime games, but I'm hoping some are away games.

When was the last time the Skins played at home Monday night? Must have been at least 3 or 4 years... The past 2 years we have been home for our Sunday night game. But I'd like a home Monday game...

Last year vs. Dallas. We lost because of two bad interference calls. Both should've been on the Cowboys, but were called on the Skinz and late as time came off the clock Roy Williams should've been called for unnecessary roughness. We lost 21-18 as I recall.

last year we played the cowpukes on Monday Night at home----

We also played the Ravens on Sunday nite last year at home--

This year we played the Eagles on Sunday nite at home

2004:

09/27/04 - Cowboys at FedEx field

10/10/04 - Ravens at FedEx field

12/12/04 - Eagles at FedEx field

2003: We played Philadelphia on Sunday night at FedEx field (12/27/03)

Not sure of any other prime time

This year of course we Played in Dallas on Monday night, and at FedEx for the Eagles.

I just checked and it was 2002 vs the Eagles a game on Monday night we lost of course! I remember the game just couldn't remember if it was here or in Philly.

ACTUALLY, it was a MNF game last year against the 'Boys at FEdEx... 'Skins lost due to controversial calls by the zebras... Brunell threw for over 300 yards...Gardner had something like 11 catches...

Night games are the best atmosphere and a lotta drunk people haha. The only bad thing is for MNF you dont get home till late. As I understand it next year has flexible scheduling which will allow networks to move games around so 2 teams out of the race wont be playing each other on MNF/Sunday Night Football in Week 13. I hate to see MNF leave ABC, but times are changing....:(

If you remember that MNF game against the Eagles in '03, that was the infamous pepper spray incident.

Yes.. my father-in-law and I were there. It happened in the 200 section just behind my section (120)... at first, I literally thought I was having a heart attack until I realized what had happened.. I looked at him and he couldn't breath either. Then we realized that no one could breath....

It all started because an Eagles fan and a Redskin fan were both upset because they couldn't buy beer in the fourth quarter.

Archived