Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are you for or against Moss returning punts in playoffs?

LiveStrongSkins

He's our "fire extinquisher".

He's our "break glass in case of emergency".

He's our "Darrell Green".

Put Santana back there only in "we need a big play/a spark" situations.

Otherwise I'd use James Thrash.

Antonio Brown makes me nervous every time he's back there. I'd put James Thrash back as a punt returner and use Antonio Brown as a kickoff return guy.

:eaglesuck

Against it. Like all have said before, too risky. If Moss gets injured we're done...

Yeah but in a single elimination circumstance like the playoffs you need to use your best weapons in every possible way. In addition to being one of the best wideouts in the game, he could easily be THE best punt returner in the NFL. Besides, what punter is actually going to kick it to him?

I think you guys overrate Moss' punt return abilities.

He's not Darrell Green, Deion Sanders, Gayle Sayers, or Randy Moss back there...

He returned punts pretty much full time in NY for a while and was decent at best.

That has little to do with now t hough. Moss is in a zone. He literally feels every time he touches it he can take it to the house. He is full of confidence and big game swagger. He was one of the best punt returners ever in college. Moss is a playmaker. He almost was responsible for taking the Jets to the AFC title game.

Negative. Totally against it. He is too valuable on offense. Even if he is not "killing" opposing DB's he is at worst a pseudo threat in lieu of the application of decoy on every play. Antonio is now a full fledged member of the "fraternity". He is viable as a PR and I see no reason to take any chances with Santana Claus getting injured by one of those go hard $200,000 players covering kicks trying to make a name for themselves.

Signed: Adamantly against.

I agree it's high risk- high reward. A guy who has had a history of being such a great return guy knows when to catch a punt or let it go. Points are hard to come by in the playoffs definetly on the road. If moss can give our offense a boost and our defense a cushion, I'll take that risk. At the very least it would help the field position battle.

He's our "fire extinquisher".

He's our "break glass in case of emergency".

He's our "Darrell Green".

Put Santana back there only in "we need a big play/a spark" situations.

Otherwise I'd use James Thrash.

Antonio Brown makes me nervous every time he's back there. I'd put James Thrash back as a punt returner and use Antonio Brown as a kickoff return guy.

:eaglesuck

Well put. I'm with you on that. It might be worth doing in special situations and just to throw off the opposition every now and then.

I think you guys overrate Moss' punt return abilities.

He's not Darrell Green, Deion Sanders, Gayle Sayers, or Randy Moss back there...

He returned punts pretty much full time in NY for a while and was decent at best.

I think you overrate Darrell Green, and Randy Moss' return abilities....

If either of these two guys were back there on a regular basis, they'd probably be decent to average punt returners...

Now..Deion was an exceptional returner....on a regular basis

Santana had a punt return for a TD last season in the playoffs..why not put him back there in special playoff situations...a la' Darrell Green. It doesn't matter anyway, because we should all know Gibbs will do it.

Archived