Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How disappointing would a loss to the Eagles be?

Conrad87

This win is very important. To win the hard games and then lose the most important one. Yes, the Eagles is the most important game... Dallas made you feel best, Giants made you believe, but the Eagles have been King of the NFC East and they need to be dethroned and a loss to them makes the two big wins meaningless. We've been in single loss elimination for five weeks, but we haven't won anything yet.

It would be tough...however, it's obvious now that we're an improved team. If we can't get the 5th straight to roll into the playoffs, it would suck, but would be understandable (to me as a fan...not to the players or coaches I hope).

I think this game needs to be put on our D's shoulders...they need to dominate the 2nd string offense of Philly because I think our O will struggle vs. that D.

It would be heartbreaking, but the Redskins will win for one reason: JOE GIBBS!

He will not let them lose this week. He's making sure they're not high on themselves and that there is still plenty of work to be done. I think the players can taste it too. There is just no way they can lose this week. Philly will have nothing to lose and will lay it all out with trick plays and going for it on fourth down, but I don't see us losing

It would be tough...however, it's obvious now that we're an improved team. If we can't get the 5th straight to roll into the playoffs, it would suck, but would be understandable (to me as a fan...not to the players or coaches I hope).

I think this game needs to be put on our D's shoulders...they need to dominate the 2nd string offense of Philly because I think our O will struggle vs. that D.

We need to give them a heavy dose of the run and our D has to be up. Running up the gut will be tougher with Trotter, etc so we need to get outside. Philly is very weak on the outsides and that is where our run game is best. We need to keep this game on the ground as much as possible and put Patrick in a position where when he has to go to the air that he has some single coverage situations to Moss/Cooley. It's DEFINETLY a game where the run needs to open up the pass, although Philly is going to come out stacking the box. Pat does have a gun though so they have to look out for that.

I would be totally crushed. (Not a good way to start 2006). Because not only are the fans expecting a win, the analyst are as well. We have to show up and get a win. I don't want to depend on St. Louis to beat the Boys in Texas for us to get into the playoffs. Let's go skins!

It would be disappointing and a tad frustrating, but taken in context of what was accomplished this year, it would not be a too long a bitter aftertaste. Remembering that many "experts" thought we would be lucky to finish at .500,and all the other Decembers that we have suffered through without playing any meaningful games makes this a pretty good season no matter what happens. Certainly sweeping Dallas erased a lot of smugness from their fan base.

Still a win would be great, and it would also mean an even lower draft pick surrendered for Campbell!

On the one hand, it would resurrect the ghosts of Norvitis and Schotferbrains, because we would be losing a must game to weaker competition with the season on the line. On the other hand, we would still have a winning record and a 4-2 record in the division.

We'll win this game. What scares me far more is what kind of health the team will be in afterwards. This is why I'd rather rest Brunell, and see more of Betts and Rock. It will be a brutal, physical game.

Probably will be the most disappointing regular season loss since we lost to Arizona in '96 under Norv, not making the playoffs and ruining a 7-1 start.

It'll be interesting to see if the board reaction varies depending on who our potential first-round opponent is projected to be, which should be known by the time we kickoff. If we have a chance at the division and lose, people are going to be pissed off big time. At the other end of the spectrum, if our first-rounder involves going to NY, I can see people reacting "Well, we probably wouldn't have beaten NY anyway."

"How come no one ever mentions the only NFC team to beat the Seahawks was the Redskins? The 'Skins held Shaun Alexander to under 100 yards with the defense not even playing close to how good it is now. Everyone better watch out because the 'Skins will be the sleeper team if they make it in the playoffs on a five-game winning streak."

And to answer the question. Remember when the Giants shut the skins out in the championship game 17-0? That was dissapointing. Oh and losing the superbowl to the Raiders 38-9 after such a brialliant season was also... well id say... a nasty feeling!

We need to give them a heavy dose of the run and our D has to be up. Running up the gut will be tougher with Trotter, etc so we need to get outside. Philly is very weak on the outsides and that is where our run game is best. We need to keep this game on the ground as much as possible and put Patrick in a position where when he has to go to the air that he has some single coverage situations to Moss/Cooley. It's DEFINETLY a game where the run needs to open up the pass, although Philly is going to come out stacking the box. Pat does have a gun though so they have to look out for that.

I agree...I think we should try to do what NE did to NY last night and just hold the ball for a long time and then let our D tee off when they have it.

I hate this. We've beaten two very good teams and now we're worried about the depleated eagles. Maybe if they were at HALF strength I would be a bit worried, but Ryan Moats and McMahon are going to beat us??? Seriously??? Everyone is SO worried, but I'm not because I believe in the preparation of this team. They aren't going to walk in the Linc unprepared and ****y, the Skins aren't that type of team. Since they aren't ****y, I can afford to be. Even with Oakland they had a Jerry Porter, Arizona had a Boldin and Fitzgerald, Philly has absolutely nothing. Lewis??? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. Stop this negative banter and let's start talking about how badly we are going to beat the eagles. After we win on sunday, we can then start talking about how deep into the playoffs we can get.

Why even go there? I guess the worry wart pessimists have to balance out the optimists.

Sorry my friend. But you've got me pegged wrong. I'm not a pessimist. I was one of the ones who believed that we could turn this thing around and make a playoff push. I'm just worried about this one because, the eagles have absolutely nothing to lose. And what better way to salvage their pathetic season then to ruin ours. In fact, what bothers me most is how EVERYONE thinks we will win this one hands down. Take a look at the general opinion of most analysts. Just take a gander at an Eagles message board. Man, even their fans don't think they've got a shot at this one.

So that's what’s eerie about this game to me.

As long as we continue to play solid football that emphasizes the run while limiting our own turnovers/mistakes, we should have a good shot to pull this one out.

To answer the question, the loss would be extremely unsettling.

Archived