Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Playyof Picture.

Sherlock Holmes

Ok, im presuming that we win here. But im torn whether we want the cowboys or the panthers to be in the playoffs.

We HAVE swept them cowboys this year, so maybe at least we know we can beat them. But i suppose we are due a loss against them.

Panthers?? Not so sure. I think they are underrated by a lot of people. And i think they could go far in the playoffs.

Bears defence is overrated. Look what old man Favre done to them. I think our offence would give them a lot of trouble if we did play them.

Giants in the meadowlands?? no thankyou.

Seattle. well we have beaten them, all be it early in the season. but Hasselbeck is awesome. and i fancy them to go all the way..

So, if Oakland do us a favour and beat NY, id love to see dallas get in. We would play them at home!!

I'm very mixed on this. Part of me wants Cowboys because we seem to "own them" this year... and the Panthers are an unknown quantity.

But I have this nagging thing in the back of my head that says no more Boyz this year, please.

Personally.. if we make the playoffs, I'll worry about it then. We have to beat Philly first.

I would prefer the Panthers. Although we wouldn't play either team unless we were to meet in the NFC championship game. As of now we would play the Bucs then go to Seattle. If Panthers lose and Gmen and Us win we'd get the #5 spot and then travel to Chicago.

Ok, im presuming that we win here. But im torn whether we want the cowboys or the panthers to be in the playoffs.

We HAVE swept them cowboys this year, so maybe at least we know we can beat them. But i suppose we are due a loss against them.

Panthers?? Not so sure. I think they are underrated by a lot of people. And i think they could go far in the playoffs.

Bears defence is overrated. Look what old man Favre done to them. I think our offence would give them a lot of trouble if we did play them.

Giants in the meadowlands?? no thankyou.

Seattle. well we have beaten them, all be it early in the season. but Hasselbeck is awesome. and i fancy them to go all the way..

So, if Oakland do us a favour and beat NY, id love to see dallas get in. We would play them at home!!

Yeah I did see what Favre did to the Bears defenSE. He threw 4 INT's and 0 TD's. Man that defense really must be overrated. Yeah he threw for 317 yards but thats because he threw 51 times. His QB rating was 44.3! Just a bit of advice, do a little research before making a statement like that.:applause:

We can play with anyone in the NFC playoff bracket...I'd rather not play the Cowboys again twice is enough....personally I'd rather face the buccaneers then, Seattle, then the Bears.....and.......clash with the Patriots for the Superbowl!.......I'd rather not see the colts too much talent....too much emotion right now.....Looks like Delhome and Brunnell will be the most experienced QBs in the playoffs....I like our chances...BUT as so many members have already said we have to beat the Eagles first.

Best thing about the playoffs is Alexander is the only Elite back we have to worry about....all the others are good but not scary....

NFC EAST DIVISION

N.Y. Giants have clinched playoff spot

N.Y. Giants can clinch division title with:

1) NYG win or tie, OR

2) WAS loss or tie

Dallas can clinch playoff berth with:

1) DAL win + WAS loss or tie, OR

2) DAL win + CAR loss, OR

3) DAL win + TB loss + NYG loss + NYG and DAL clinch strength of victory tiebreaker over TB, OR

4) DAL tie + WAS loss

Washington can clinch division title with:

1) WAS win + NYG loss

Washington can clinch playoff berth with:

1) WAS win, OR

2) DAL loss, OR

3) WAS tie + DAL tie

Yeah I did see what Favre did to the Bears defenSE. He threw 4 INT's and 0 TD's. Man that defense really must be overrated. Yeah he threw for 317 yards but thats because he threw 51 times. His QB rating was 44.3! Just a bit of advice, do a little research before making a statement like that.:applause:

favre got the ball moving. converted on lots of 3rd downs. lots of yards. with someone like clinton to back him up, they could have won that game. THAT BEARS DEFENSE IS OVERRATED.

dallas. easy choice. im not sure if we would even play them but if thats what happened we would get to play them at Fed-Ex again and they wouldnt have a chance against all 12 of our men

carolina is somewhat underrated but i just think we have dallas' number and carolina is a better team no matter what happened last week and i know we'd have to play them on the road...the skins' are good no matter where they play but Fed-Ex is gettin to be a scary, scary place for 31 other teams in the NFL

The perfect scenario: we win dallas wins giants lose and we win the title THEN hello playoffs

The way the playoff matchups are structured, I think the 5th and 6th seeds don't play each other unless they both go all the way to the NFC championship game. If this is true, it doesn't matter much which team gets the other wild card, because the chance that we will wind up playing them for the NFC championship is very small.

Of course, if the improbable comes to pass, it would be better if the Cowboys get in as the 6th seed with us as the 5th seed, rather than the Panthers as 5th seed and us as the 6th seed, because we would wind up playing the Cowboys at home for the NFC championship, rather than playing the Panthers in Carolina.

If we beat Philly and Giants lose to Raiders we get the 1st playoff game at home, right? After that we have to go on the road for the remaining playoff games?

Not necessarily. The Skins would be the #4 seed and would play any non-super bowl playoff games at home against lower seeds. The Skins would most likely host the #5 Giants in the wildcard round. If they win, then they would have to travel to either Seattle or Chicago (depending on who wins between the #3 and #6 seed). If the #6 seed wins, then Washington goes to Chicago. If the #3 seed wins, then Washington goes to Seattle.

If Washington wins the divisional round, it could host the NFC Championship game if the #6 seed advances as well. If the #6 seed is eliminated, then Washington is on the road for the NFC Championship game.

Archived