Extremeskins

Might be the best time to start ramsey

smack500

is he contract up this season?

if not, why trade him??

1. we have him fairly cheap

2. he knows the offense

3. he is a servicable backup/potential starter

4. if you trade him, you have to go out and find someone to do what he is already doing for cheap, teach him the offense, and hope he can play.

my two cents..

if not, why trade him??

2. he knows the offense

4. if you trade him, you have to go out and find someone to do what he is already doing for cheap, teach him the offense, and hope he can play.

my two cents..

wrong we dont have him fairly cheap next year he will make more then a 2 million cap hit, if it was like 1.5 million maybe but 2 million is too much for a third string qb if we gona have jason campbell in front of him

Who cares about trade value and what will happen in the offseason right now?? If Mark is healthy enough to start he starts, if not then Patrick starts, either way I feel comfortable enough that we will beat the eagles. I could care less if a bum off the street starts at QB, as long as he can do the job and win games I'm happy.

I also believe that ramsey would be a better start if brunell is hurt. To let people know ramsey is not just playing better now so get real people. He has always been a good pocket passer, its his mobility that is questionable. He is regarded in having one of the strongest arms in the league. So dont say hes playing better now he threw one td pass to moss who busted the play loose for an awesome touchdown.

I agree keep them all unless a good trade is negotiated. Dont go trade this guy for a third round pick. Everyone knows that 2 good quarterbacks is becoming one of the most improtant features in the nfl this millenium. So trade him for a prospect pass rusher and a draft pick. Be smart teams need him more than we need to trade him.

I go back and forth on trading Ramsey. I do think we are going to get some trade offers for him and I think he has 2nd-4th round value. If we keep him, he could benefit from learning under Gibbs and turn out to be a good pro. If we trade him, we could bring in some help in other areas. Right now, I'm leaning towards keeping him. If we can sign some free agents, pick up some help in the draft, or both, keeping Patrick as a backup would provide invaluable insurance for a team with Super Bowl apirations next year.

Then, if he plays next year and proves to be our QB of the future, we have a situation like San Diego has with Brees and Rivers. If he doesn't play much, then we've probably had a pretty good season and he's insurance to a Brunell injury.

Unless we get a seriously great offer (which I think could happen), I'm leaning towards saying keep Ramsey.

Is it possible that the Jets or Saints will offer up a stud defensive lineman for Patrick?

if not, why trade him??

2. he knows the offense

my two cents..

I agree with this unless someone offers a very high pick or a player at a need position for us.

I love Ramsey to backup Brunell for another year while Campbell is brought along slowly. It can't hurt to have all 3 for another year.

Now, if the Jets wanted to give us Abraham or some team wanted to give us a high 2nd round pick, then that's another story...

If we get rid of Ramesy, we need to replace him, and probibly with someone who sucks, why not keep 3 guys capable of winning, and Ramsey has a good shot of being a contributor even after Brunell is washed up in age. I think Gibbs is loving the way Pat and Mark are getting along, even though they battled for the same position, and how well they work.

It would not help his trade value one bit, there is enough game tape of PR over the last 4 years that another team will be able to make an accurate assesment of what they think his value is.

And no it wouldn't be the best time to start PR, it would be best to start MB, assuming he is healthy, because he is our starting QB. Gibbs will make the call depending on what he feels is best for the team, not what's best for a players trade value.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

If Ramsey doesnt get the chance to start next year, trade him. Hes been with the team like 4 years now, hasnt exactly gotten a great deal, and is now 26. If Brunell or Campbell is going to start next year, TRADE him. Its only fair to Ramsey after how well he has handled everything. Gibbs wont screw Ramsey over and keep him another year as a backup, so all this talk is moot. If Brunell is gone, Ramsey starts. If he is still here as starter, Gibbs trades Ramsey.

Archived