Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why didn't either coach give Ramsey credit?

I watched both interviews today on NBC4 and neither Gibbs nor Bugel gave credit to Ramsey for pulling out the W on Saturday. Both of them commented that Ramsey shouldn't have been so dramatic with his second time out call, but neither actually gave the guy credit for going in there and doing a great job of relieving Brunell. One praised Brunell for playing an excellent game until he was taken out, but not Ramsey.

Gibbs even had a long list on his pad of people that he wanted to thank, but Ramsey wasn't one of them.

I don't understand? This guy could be our starting qb next week if Brunell is injured, it almost felt like they were doing it on purpose.

The only thing I can think, is that they don't want to start the old qb controversy again.

Gibbs DID compliment Ramsey!

He said that's why they need two good QB's (or something like that).

He didn't blatently praise him, but he did compliment him.

People should not read so much into all of this. This is a good, solid team. They all know their roles. They all do their jobs. Gibbs will throw a bone to 'em every once in a while, but he wants them to know their job, and do it. Ramsey's job was to come in and wrap the game up. He did. He did his job.

I watched both interviews today on NBC4 and neither Gibbs nor Bugel gave credit to Ramsey for pulling out the W on Saturday. Both of them commented that Ramsey shouldn't have been so dramatic with his second time out call, but neither actually gave the guy credit for going in there and doing a great job of relieving Brunell. One praised Brunell for playing an excellent game until he was taken out, but not Ramsey.

Gibbs even had a long list on his pad of people that he wanted to thank, but Ramsey wasn't one of them.

I don't understand? This guy could be our starting qb next week if Brunell is injured, it almost felt like they were doing it on purpose.

The only thing I can think, is that they don't want to start the old qb controversy again.

I listened to the press conference and I never heard anything about "dramatic with the second time out".

If you listened to Gibbs, you heard him praise Ramsey.......extensively.

Blondie

Gibbs has praised him all year long for his practices and being content with his situation and bieng a professional and working hard to be there if the team needed him. As you saw he was ready! Give him some respect! He has only played in 24 games and has never had the same offense for 2 years in a row! Eli looked horrible last year and look how he has had good games this year when Tiki runs for 100 yards and look at games were he has stunk it up!!!

Patrick is our immediate Future as Gibbs will never not have two proven quarterbacks!

I didn't hear the interviews so I can't comment too deeply. I have noticed however, that Gibbs' praise isn't worth a bowl of spit. He harked the herald praising Robert Royal after his last 4 drop game, he said we played our guts out when we were massacred in the meadowlands, and he insisted that taylor jacobs and david patten bring a lot to the field. P. Ramsey is an adult, he doesn't need smoke blowed up his arse to keep playing well, they only need it when they flop.

I listened to the press conference and I never heard anything about "dramatic with the second time out".

If you listened to Gibbs, you heard him praise Ramsey.......extensively.

Blondie

i didnt get to listen to the press conference. sorry.

this thread was specifically talking about the nbc4 interviews at 5pm and 6pm with two seperate coaches where gibbs had a long list of praises that he went down. if you listened to them you would have heard that he didnt praise ramsey.......at all.

anyways, it is nice to know that he did give him credit in the press conference. :)

he said in the locker room, ramsey played great..as well as all the other players.. thats it... he doesnt have much compliments for ramsey as he does for all his other players.. i wonder what that means.. back of his mind, ramsey will be gone next season?????

I do not know what you listen to but I saw alot of praises for Ramsey by Gibbs in many different avenues!!!! We will suffer if Ramsey is not here next year. It was proven this past Sunday why Joe Gibbs always has had two prepared quarterbacks. Ramsey just needed some bench time to see how a veteran would run teh Gibbs Offense and now he has it and I do beleive he will be the starter next year with Brunnell the Back up, and this not a knock on Brunnell just do not think he can go the full season he is 36 and will be 37 and his arm strentgh seems to be warying down. He will be a great back up and mentor to Ramsey and Campbell, Campbell is at least 2 years away! That is coming from many different view points and scouts.

Archived