Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Joe Gibbs walked away after the season...

Gallntfox

Let's just say that Joe Gibbs walked at the end of the season...(which I believe he will NOT do) ......Let's say he cites health issues, the need for family time, burnout, anything along those lines.

We have a winning record no matter what this year. We've already won 9 games so we either finish at 9-7 and miss the playoffs or 10-6 and are playoff bound. Either way there does seem to be a change in culture and team attitude brought on by the current regime. There is no guarantee that this would carry over whether Gregg Williams took over or a new coach was brought in...

In your opinion would the Redskins era of Joe Gibbs II be looked upon as a success by what has taken place already? Would it take a playoff appearance? A playoff win? Another trophy? Just curious what the sentiment is out there since we have suffered for so long and have now enjoyed glorious, meaningful games in December.

who cares it wont happen, do u people have nothing better to do? his second seaosn has not finished and you are talking about legacy

who are you andy pollen or something? make up stuff in your head just to talk

Whoa baby.

Chill.

This is NOT a good way to make an impression on here.

There are many crazy threads.

OK?

Blondie

Whoa baby.

Chill.

This is NOT a good way to make an impression on here.

There are many crazy threads.

OK?

Blondie

impression , this is not a dance . That is a crazy thread. Of course its not a good 2 yrs if you lose to the hurt and go 9-7 and miss the playoffs

The redskins have played meaningful games in december many yrs since Gibbs. We just lose them.

The team was not terrible until Spurrier came. This thread is beyond crazy

impression , this is not a dance . That is a crazy thread. Of course its not a good 2 yrs if you lose to the hurt and go 9-7 and miss the playoffs

The redskins have played meaningful games in december many yrs since Gibbs. We just lose them.

Maybe I need to explain what I meant.

You charged at him.

You were on the verge of rude.

You could have said what you said HERE in the first post and not sounded like you think you're superior.

Blondie

First off, i will THEORETICALLY think about this happening, and i will have to say, no matter what happens in his second tenure, short of back to back superbowls, nothing can overshadow his previous stint here. I know you asked about this one, but that's my point, this one wont matter, people wont even think about this being a failure or a success, they will continuously remember his first time here in DC

It would depend. If williams took over and then ended up continueing the improvement I would say it was success, because gibbs turned the boat around even though he didn't sail it all the way home. Are we in the right direction yet? All signs point to yes, but we won't know if we have it right until we see that lombardi in the hands of snyder.

This is the scenario i see happening. we finish 10-6 this year and ride the wave to the big dance and win. Next season gibbs is back and coaches the team to a second nfc championship game where we lose. Gibbs walks after 3 seasons and a successful second tour. Successful for two reasons 1. We wina another trophy. 2. Skins prove they can be dominate. After gibbs leaves his replacement Gregg williams will continue the good coaching and we win 3 trophys in 5 years.

impression , this is not a dance . That is a crazy thread.

If you find it so crazy, then why respond? Why waste your finger and brain power to respond? C'mon dude. Relax.. And BTW, this tenure has been a success so far. We have had 2 top 10 defenses and we have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs going into the final week of the reg season. Not to mention that we are 4-1 in the Division right now. When was the last time that happened? Gibbs has brought back the "true" Redskins Football. If you don't see that, well then I don't know what to tell you.

Archived