Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell a mistake? According to sources

BrunellSuperbowl

Jake (San Francisco, CA): Do the REdskins keep Ramsey since Campbell is no guarantee. If they trade him, can they get a first round draft pick?

Jeremy Green: (2:10 PM ET ) Campbell's development is a big reason we have not heard Ramsey's name in as much trade talk. There are people in the Washington organization that beleive Campbell is not ready to take over the #2 spot next season. He is not devloping as they had hoped he would.

i guess Ramsey may be be the future

Jake (San Francisco, CA): Do the REdskins keep Ramsey since Campbell is no guarantee. If they trade him, can they get a first round draft pick?

Jeremy Green: (2:10 PM ET ) Campbell's development is a big reason we have not heard Ramsey's name in as much trade talk. There are people in the Washington organization that beleive Campbell is not ready to take over the #2 spot next season. He is not devloping as they had hoped he would.

i guess Ramsey may be be the future

Well that is sucky, I would like my first round pick back then.

Who is Jeremy Green?

Jeremy Green

ESPN Columnist

Jeremy Green joined ESPN Insider as an NFL analyst after serving the previous two seasons as Director of Pro Personnel for the Cleveland Browns. He has been a professional football talent evaluator since 1995. He is the son of Arizona Cardinals head coach Dennis Green.

Didn't we just have this thread last week where someone quoted Czabe with that same 'There are people in the Washington organization that beleive Campbell is not ready' line?

:laugh:

Exactly what I was thinking. Those "people in the organization" could be the grounds keepers!

Blondie

Didn't we just have this thread last week where someone quoted Czabe with that same 'There are people in the Washington organization that beleive Campbell is not ready' line?

he better be ready to be second next yr. He is a not a person learning how to walk. A QB in his second yr should be good enough to back up Brunell

Guys, would you be happy if Ramsey was the future and became a HUGE QB for us? I mean, who cares what Campbell does if Ramsey plays great for us. I think if Ramsey is the future of this team then we need to trade Campbell for a first rounder.:2cents:

nobody will give us a first rounder for Campbell. He was bearly a first rounder to begin with.

He is either good with us or we are screwed.

we are no longer under norv or schott or spurrier. questioning personnel decisions is pointless now, because we have what we know are competent people running the organization.

people questioned brunell, portis, moss for coles. moss and brunell have had close to career years, and portis' growth as a running back is unbelieveable.

people questioned letting pierce and smoot go, and our defense hasn't taken too terrible of a hit.

this thread is a waste of space. there is no way to know unless you are actually at practice daily.

Depends on what you mean by 'ready".

Ready for what?

To start the season? That's just idle speculation from fans and certain medis types.

Coach Gibbs has never said anything about his plans for Campbell next season. He certainly hasn't proclaimed Campbell the starter. :) He hasn't even called him the #2 behind Brunell. For all we know, if Ramsey does leave, Gibbs may go out and get another veteran QB.

If folks think Jason is going to come out and play like Dan Marino in his prime after riding the bench his entire rookie season, they are asking for too much "ready". :)

My guess is that Coach Gibbs would like Brunell to be the starter next season, and have Ramey (or some veteran) the #2 man behind Mark, and let Campbell ride the pine for another season at least.

Gibbs is never in a hurry to put young QBs onto the field.

Depends on what you mean by 'ready".

Ready for what?

To start the season? That's just idle speculation from fans and certain medis types.

Coach Gibbs has never said anything about his plans for Campbell next season. He certainly hasn't proclaimed Campbell the starter. :) He hasn't even called him the #2 behind Brunell. For all we know, if Ramsey does leave, Gibbs may go out and get another veteran QB.

If folks think Jason is going to come out and play like Dan Marino in his prime after riding the bench his entire rookie season, they are asking for too much "ready". :)

My guess is that Coach Gibbs would like Brunell to be the starter next season, and have Ramey (or some veteran) the #2 man behind Mark, and let Campbell ride the pine for another season at least.

Gibbs is never in a hurry to put young QBs onto the field.

ready to start i understand. But if he is not good enough to back up? We are in trouble

But Gibbs said he is good enough to play now. So who maybe this is lies

ready to start i understand. But if he is not good enough to back up? We are in trouble

But Gibbs said he is good enough to play now. So who maybe this is lies

Actually, I think Mark Rypien rode the pine for like 3 or 4 years before we saw any of him.

Gibbs doesn't like rushing young QBs onto the field. So I don't think Campbell DESPERATELY needs to be at any sort of level next season.

If Gibbs has his way, we'll see as much of Campbell next season as we saw this season. :)

I dont trust this, because I heard from Gibbs' mouth that Campbell is doing very well. He may sugercoat things, but the man doesn't lie. If Campbell wasn't, he would say something like hes trying and working hard and well see what happens

he also said taylor jacobs is the jerry rice of practice

Trade Ramsey? That would be a huge waste of talent and time! Ramsey is primed and a "Great" QB. Why would you even think about trading him?? or Campbell? QB depth is a rare thing in the NFL this is reality football not fantasy.

If we don't have Brunell next year due to injury or lack of performance and there is no Ramsey who has been in the Redskin system for a few years, to come in and save us again, ouch! it hurts just to even think about it.

Archived