Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OFFICIAL UPDATE: Brunell's Health Status (MERGED)

Rypien1191

According to ESPN's Monday Quarterback show (on ESPN2 now), Brunell's knee is "Day to Day" after his MRI today...so there's a good chance we'll have him for the game in Filthy. :applause: :applause: :applause:

*As a side note, they also say that we have the most rushing yards in the NFL since week 13...nice stat to have. :D

I'd consider letting him sit this weekend, depending on how Ramsey plays. If he's REALLY "day to day", that means he probably won't be 100% for next week's game. The Eagles haven't exactly been lighting it up, and I think we can beat them with Patrick in there. However, should PR stink it up early, consider making a replacement with the less than 100% Brunell prior to halftime.

I'd consider letting him sit this weekend, depending on how Ramsey plays. If he's REALLY "day to day", that means he probably won't be 100% for next week's game. The Eagles haven't exactly been lighting it up, and I think we can beat them with Patrick in there. However, should PR stink it up early, consider making a replacement with the less than 100% Brunell prior to halftime.

Hmmm...not a bad idea herrmag. Coach Gibbs could keep Ramsey on a super-short leash, so that he doesn't have a chance to put us in a huge hole early, but still give Brunell the chance for his own personal bye before we start our run in the playoffs. I'm a little tentative about seeing Ramsey start a game of such importance, but good thinking anyway. :cheers:

:helmet: :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :helmet:

How likely is he to recover from a sprained knee by sunday?

Depending how bad the sprain was. One clue to all of this is that he was listed as "questionable" for his return to the game on Saturday. Coupled with the fact that the MRI apparently revealed nothing serious, it certainly appears more probable than not that he'll be playing this Sunday.

golden who do u want to see start? I remember you use to like Ramsey

I was and still am a big Ramsey fan. But I live by the old adage that "don't fix it if it ain't broke." Right now, if Brunell's good enough to play, he's been doing very well for us (save the Cruds game). Thus, I see absolutely no reason to deviate from a gameplan that's worked from one that we're foraging through at some critical juncture of the season.

I will say, however, that I'm happier than hell to have Ramsey as Brunell's understudy. I really hope we do keep him around.

Depending how bad the sprain was. One clue to all of this is that he was listed as "questionable" for his return to the game on Saturday. Coupled with the fact that the MRI apparently revealed nothing serious, it certainly appears more probable than not that he'll be playing this Sunday.

Exactlly....they were fitting him for a brace so that he could make a return against the g-strings, so if he could have been thrown back in there if needed last Saturday, I don't see how it could be too bad for him to go against the iggles.

:point2sky :eaglesuck :point2sky

I think even if Brunell is not 100%... he should probably start depending on he practices this week... I think turnovers will have a huge effect on this game and while i do have faith that Ramsey can handle the situation I would feel more confident with Brunell.. he makes better decisions at this point... either way i think we will see a super heavy dose of Portis and Betts..... and our D should handle things...

if we can rest him for the playoffs, let Ramsey go light up those Eagles, that'd be the best case scenario

but then again... can't take any team lightly, so if Brunell can play, start him, and let's get this done

Ramsey should be getting extra snaps in practice just incase

Archived