Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

David Patten

Dheavy

Noticed Antonio Brown has been getting a lot more reps. Good move I think. If you read the Post article on AB you'll see he was pretty tore up when he went thru that bad game in pre-season and the Bears game. He had a right to be with all the hell he's been thru. They think he might be as fast or faster than Moss! Put him and Moss out on opposite sides and let em run go's. I trust him more than Jacobs who couldn't run passed a scrub db from the Raiders.

Speaking of which....Come on Turner damn you! By all accounts Turner should lose this game. Which is why I think they'll win. One thing you figure out about his teams. They'll win games they got no business winning (vs us) and lose games they got no business losing (vs Browns).

Patten has taken his last snap as a Redskin. A mediocre reciever coming off knee surgery. We don't need that. If we can save some cap money I say we cut him June 1.

Uh, have you noticed how much the passing game has suffered since he went out? It's not his fault Brunell only looks left. Thrash is getting old as well, which means if we cut Patten, we have no #2 WR capable of keeping teams from ganging up on Moss. Only way we cut Patten is if we sign somebody like Reggie Wayne. And for any of those mindless gator homers thinking of our most recent draft bust as the #2, I GUARANTEE we'll cut Jacobs before Patten.

We keep Patten for sure next year. He may become our #3 receiver. We must sign another WR and a TE next year and draft two young DL. We have free agency (with players looking at the Skins as a Super Bowl possiblity) and the draft (where guys like LaVar or Ramsey could provide us with some draft choices if Gibbs makes that decision).

What is the CAP hit if we cut Patten? I think the CAP hit would be too great to cut him. Anyone know this?

We need a pass rushing DL (I guess our second round choice), and an OL (third round choice). Despite Daniels heroics over the past 2 games, we need a DL who can consistently rush the QB when we only send 4 defenders. Perhaps we can address WR in the later rounds. While I am very happy for an old geezer like Ray Brown, it is a damning indictment of Bugel that we do not have a quality backup to replace Thomas. The heart of this team is the OL, and we need some big young bodies there.

Jacobs has been a disappointment, but whenever I get ready to scream "Cut Jacobs!", I see him make a solid block downfield in the running game. So Patten will stay; Jacobs will stay; probably hope to find a WR in the later rounds or in free agency.

We only have so many $$$ CAP space, and WR position will have to limp along, what with other more pressing needs next year.

:cheers:

I was happy to see we had signed Patten... What went wrong? I haven't been this disappointed since "PrimeTime" robbed us!

He is suffering Taylor Jacob-itis - which means since his name isn't spelled M-o-s-s or C-o-o-l-e-y he wasn't getting any passes thrown his way.

Uh, have you noticed how much the passing game has suffered since he went out? It's not his fault Brunell only looks left. Thrash is getting old as well, which means if we cut Patten, we have no #2 WR capable of keeping teams from ganging up on Moss. Only way we cut Patten is if we sign somebody like Reggie Wayne. And for any of those mindless gator homers thinking of our most recent draft bust as the #2, I GUARANTEE we'll cut Jacobs before Patten.

I haven't noticed, we scored 35 points in the last two games. MB only looks at Santanna Moss so anyone we put out there can run decoy routes. I agree with you about Reggie Wayne.

:doh:

When I saw the thread title I wondered, "oh jeez, will this be an opportunity for some to start inserting the 'dump patten' posts :laugh: . Christmas is over, time to resume with the player slamming. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I'm glad guys like you and Riggo-toni also post. The brain is our friend. I'm looking forward to seeing what Patten can do with the properly working oofense we are currently fielding. Hopefully it becomes our norm. If so, from watching him play and learning what kind of guy he is, I think Patten's story here has a very good chance to be a lesser version of Moss's.

He can provide more significant results as #2 here than he did as a #3/#4 in NE's spread the ball-around receiver corps. Of course we still have J. Taylor, who amazingly remains an unkown quantity to date.

PLUCK THE EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eaglesuck

Compared to the production we're getting from #2 and #3 recievers I'd say Patton was setting the world on fire. I guess it's just perspective. He's a legit threat that can't be ignored. That works in our favor. I think it would be wise to keep him.

I hate to say this but with Moss in there the majority of calls have went to him!!I also think he did better in the pre-season when Ramsey(he threw to the right) was in there.I still remember the great catch against the steelers!!I would not write him off because of just one season,look at Brunell!!!

Brunell didn't look left when he hit Moss for the big one against Dallas.

Patten has taken his last snap as a Redskin. A mediocre reciever coming off knee surgery. We don't need that. If we can save some cap money I say we cut him June 1.

Did you read what you wrote? He played less than a season and you're ready to get rid of him? Thank God you're Joe Gibbs.

Archived