Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis, Moss, or Cooley?

Robbynice

Guys, I am trying to get a Redskins jersy but I am kind of confused as to whose jersy I should buy. I have one player in mind and I have my reason why I will most likely settle for that player's jersey but if you guys were in my shoes, whose jersy will you buy? Portis, Moss, or Cooley's?:cool:

Doesn't matter as long as it's burgundy and gold!

:dallasuck :gaintsuck

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

Thats a hard one!!! I have a Portis one, but it was from before we had Moss. I love all 3 guys and we definately need to keep them on our team. Infact, we should start a roster thread of who is good and what additions we need for the '06 season. 2nd WR and DE would be my priority. And i'd keep it Brunell, Ramsey, Campbell at QB for another season if poss. Betts, and Cartright are gold to us, as is Mike Sellers. CB might need looking at too?

My regard for Clinton Portis is well documented and Santana Moss is putting up a historic season for a Redskins wide receiver (and that's saying something considering the talent we've had in our history).

But guys from "The U" can be a bit quirky at times. So with this in mind, your best long range purchase is probably Chris Cooley.

But I agree with Tiger-Bailey, I think in this day and age it might be a wiser investment to go with an "old-school" jersey.

:eaglesuck

But I agree with Tiger-Bailey, I think in this day and age it might be a wiser investment to go with an "old-school" jersey.

That doesnt show much faith in our current 'stars' does it?

I'm just glad i never got that Coles #80 when it was going cheap haha!

I'd still wear my Ramesy one with pride though. That 72 yard TD was a real tonic (even though it was really Moss who made the play). We never did end up using that final time out btw!

Get a Portis jersey. He is a huge contributor to the team, does something crucial for the offense on every play, is about to break the Redskins rushing record, is the funniest guy on the team and never gets down, just a great guy and a great player. He's my favorite player and I love watching him play. that's why I have his jersey.

I'm just glad i never got that Coles #80 when it was going cheap haha!

I'd still wear my Ramesy one with pride though. That 72 yard TD was a real tonic (even though it was really Moss who made the play). We never did end up using that final time out btw!

I'm sorry, with Gibbs back in town, it might be different and I expect it to be.

But I'm still a bit gun-shy. You're responding to a post by a guy who has deep deep deep in his B&G closet the following jersey's of sure "long term" Redskins.

Purchased 1994-Heath Shuler #5 :doh:

Purchased 1995-Michael Westbrook #82 :doh:

okay fine....I'll jump on the "Gus Bus"

Purchased 1997-Gus Frerotte #12 :doh:

Hey what's that....we got the NFL Defensive player of the year...hell yeah!!

Purchased 1998-Dana Stubblefield #94 :doh: :doh:

We traded down and still got Champ oh yeah!!!!

Purchased 1999- Champ Bailey #24 :doh:

My last purchase is the only one that is still hanging in there but not for long if some people on this board have their way. ;)

Purchased 2000- LaVar Arrington #56

I'm sorry, with Gibbs back in town, it might be different and I expect it to be.

But I'm still a bit gun-shy. You're responding to a post by a guy who has deep deep deep in his B&G closet the following jersey's of sure "long term" Redskins.

Purchased 1994-Heath Shuler #5 :doh:

Purchased 1995-Michael Westbrook #82 :doh:

okay fine....I'll jump on the "Gus Bus"

Purchased 1997-Gus Frerotte #12 :doh:

Hey what's that....we got the NFL Defensive player of the year...hell yeah!!

Purchased 1998-Dana Stubblefield #94 :doh: :doh:

We traded down and still got Champ oh yeah!!!!

Purchased 1999- Champ Bailey #24 :doh:

My last purchase is the only one that is still hanging in there but not for long if some people on this board have their way. ;)

Purchased 2000- LaVar Arrington #56

STOP BUYING JERSEYS!!!!

Not about "faith" in current stars, it's about the economic realities of the NFL today. If you are a fan of the PLAYER and plan to follow that player throughout their career - no matter where they play - by all means get a jersey with your favorite current player.

If you are a fan of the TEAM, pick your favorite legend from the past, grab your CC, and fire way. It's also gives you more opportunity to stand out a bit. Although I've had it a couple of years now, I've yet to see another #43 "L. Brown" kit...

If you need a compromise, get a replica jersey as inexpensively as you possibly can with a current player. That way you're not out too bad if circumstances change some day. I still get a chuckle from all of the donkeys that dropped mad cash on authentic Trotter, Westbrook, Gardner, Davis, etc....

Cheers,

CLBinMD

very very true!

My regard for Clinton Portis is well documented and Santana Moss is putting up a historic season for a Redskins wide receiver (and that's saying something considering the talent we've had in our history).

But guys from "The U" can be a bit quirky at times. So with this in mind, your best long range purchase is probably Chris Cooley.

:eaglesuck

Archived