Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Play Calling: 35 points two straight weeks

kingdaddy

Over the past two weeks, the offensive play calling has been outstanding. We've seen a flea-flicker, a halfback option, wide receiver screens, misdirection play calls, pound it out smashmouth football etc....

This is the reason we are playing so well. Coupled with a great defense, we are scoring touchdowns in the red zone instead of settling for field goals. We must be very difficult to defend with the various looks we are giving defenses. Right now, although I know Seattle and NY are well balance offensively and defensively, we are as good as any team in the NFC.

I don't know who's calling our plays, but they are doing a tremendous job of mixing it up and getting our playmakers the football. Think about it, just when a defense thinks we're going to pound the football, we throw some Moss speed at them. This type of game planning has to continue to beat the Eagles when we go on the road this week and into the playoffs.

I love how creative Joe Gibbs has been since we lost the three tough games in a row. You have to believe he learned something from those losses.

Creative?! This is the same football that all the retarded analysts said wouldn't work in "today's NFL."

Remember the 80s? Run Riggo, Run Riggo, Pass to Monk. Run Riggo Run Riggo, Pass to Monk. Run Riggo, Run a playaction pass to Clark. Get into the red zone and run the famous "Clint Didier" play.

Guess what...It still works! Substitute names, but same concept and same types of guys.

Its got nothing to do with learning, even though we learn every game.

You open your playbook as the game demands it. We lost a couple so we opened a couple more pages.

If you can make it to the playoffs showing only 50% of your playbook, its a tremendous advantage.

Agreed Kingdaddy, Watching these games lately just reminds me of the dominance and shuffling up the play calling as when I was a kid rooting for this team. Really had a flashback on that double reverse the other day although it didn't work out for much more than 3-4 yards, but that was ok.

As of lately that O-line is looking fine tuned to push, move, and open holes for Portis too. Seems like Coach Gibbs has made some fine adjustments as a whole...

oh and GO SKINS...

im really glad we've opened it up a bit these past few weeks. in a way, its gonna open up our "bread and butter" that weve been running all year now that we have other threats for the defense to worry about. the flea-flicker started it all for me dallas week. that was when i knew we were ready to do all that it took to start winning. that halfback pass had me screaming OMG! OMG! OMG! from section 407 yesterday. but yea. i love the fact that things are opening up. i really hope Gibbs still has a few things left up his sleeve for when we get in the playoffs(after we pluck the eagles!) GO SKINS!!!

Archived