Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Little Overly-Optimistic Maybe?

askounes

I noticed the vibe 'round here is that everyone is almost assuming we're getting into the playoffs.

Unless I'm wrong - isn't it true that if we lose to Philly in Philly with a hobbled QB, and Dallas beats the Rams (which should happen), and the Giants beat the Raiders (almost a gimme) we're out?

I'm definitely cautiously optimistic, and very happy that we control our own destiny. But there's just this nagging feeling in the back of my brain that I should beware setting myself up for disappointment...

That said, I do still have faith in Coach Gibbs (even though he let Norv Turner come in here and school him). He's the man that can bring us back to prominence!

I noticed the vibe 'round here is that everyone is almost assuming we're getting into the playoffs.

Unless I'm wrong - isn't it true that if we lose to Philly in Philly with a hobbled QB, and Dallas beats the Rams (which should happen), and the Giants beat the Raiders (almost a gimme) we're out?

I'm definitely cautiously optimistic, and very happy that we control our own destiny. But there's just this nagging feeling in the back of my brain that I should beware setting myself up for disappointment...

That said, I do still have faith in Coach Gibbs (even though he let Norv Turner come in here and school him). He's the man that can bring us back to prominence!

You just made the assumption that the Cowboys beat the Rams, and the Giants beat the Raiders :)

I think the mindset of most is, we HAVE to beat the Eagles to control our own destiny. I doubt seriously there are many Redskins fans who sincerely take anything for granted. And I doubt Joe Gibbs lets this team count its chickens.... They'll show up ready to play.

You just made the assumption that the Cowboys beat the Rams, and the Giants beat the Raiders :)

I think the mindset of most is, we HAVE to beat the Eagles to control our own destiny. I doubt seriously there are many Redskins fans who sincerely take anything for granted. And I doubt Joe Gibbs lets this team count its chickens.... They'll show up ready to play.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

This is so true. HOWEVER, I am reading many posts from people saying how many points we will score.......and it will be an easy win.

THAT scares me.

Blondie

I'm cautious too. But the Eagles lost to Arizona. How bad is that?

Some are going to be a little jumpy. It's okay. Only natural considering what the team has done the past 4 weeks. Let them have a little time in the clouds. Rest of us will hang on to the rope and give a gentle tug every now and then.

I think many are assuming we're in the playoffs.

We're not. As a matter of fact, we have to go in and beat a Philly team that plays very, very well at home. It is not going to be easy.

That is what I love so much about Joe Gibbs. You just know that he is not letting his team look past them.

Call me crazy, but I believe we need to be a little ****y. We need to have some swagger, because if we don't win this game we really don't deserve the playoffs. There can be NO DENIAL that this has been on amazing season. filled with moss' memories, portis personas, and Cooley's Cruelties when breaking tackles. My goodness we have three players looking to break individual stat records and we're still under the radar. We should march into philly and destroy them. We need that momentum going into the playoffs. We need to show up in Philly in mass numbers much like the philly fanatics have done for years. This december to remember has proven just about any football experts predictions wrong. What a great year. Thanks for the memories. And lets walk into philly and show them who their new daddy is.

:helmet: :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

btw -

:point2sky <---can we please change the touchdown icon number 89 or something?

Its for our team to play game by game, and us fans to look ahead at the possibilities. As for the Redskins, you better believe there not looking a head too anything because theres nothing to look ahead too except beating philly. They know if they dont there is no Playoffs, the Redskins Will take care of there last obstacle in there way and you better believe Im going to enjoy the season that our team has given us!!!! :eaglesuck

Hey, who would have thought 4 weeks ago that this team would win 2 on the road against pretty bad but dangerous teams and beat the Cowboys and Giants soundly at home?

Certainly not many of us after losing like that to the Raiders and Chargers at home.

If the Redskins lose to the Eagles I'd be pretty pissed but still feel good about the Giants and Cowboys games. Those were 2 of the best back to back games in probably 13-14 years around here.

Since when is beating a division rival in an away game easy? So yes I think the fans on here get way ahead of themselves, but fortunately the players do not. Earlier in the season we saw fans on here proclaiming ourselves 16-0 and superbowl champs, we see where that went. They called every opponent easy, even the ones that beat us.

Never never never NEVER underestimate your opponent. Worst thing you can possibly do. Always assume your opponent will come out and play the best game they are capable of. Just be more confident that you will play YOUR best game.

Good point, and lets not forget, we are playing Professionals. I dont care who you are, you must prepare to have a chance at beating a true professional which the eagles are (giving them the benefit of the doubt).

Also, the eagles want to play spoiler to us, especially a divisional foe so we must come out ready. This is why i am scared about ramsey. If he gets pressured and rattled early, i think it will be a close game.

I hear what your saying, but this team is playing so blue collar punch'em in the mouth that it's not even funny. He'll every individual member of the D got snubbed to the pro bowl(what kind of Cra* is that) I don't think they are going to take anything for granted seeing they've had to earn everything they've gotten this season, and in the current situation some have earned and still got cra**ed on, if people don't think their going to take some of that attitude into the philly game then I don't know what to say...

Archived