Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Curious. Did the redskins have the toughest schedule?

krsone

is it just me or did the redskins have the toughest schedule in the league? i think the chargers had a tough schedule too but is it safe to say redskins had one of the toughest in the nfl? if we did, what we did thus far is pretty amazing isnt it?

These are some of those actually meaningful stats that are unfortunately kind of difficult to grasp for most math challenged people (not a snide remark, just the truth). If not for some mid-season slumpage and the usual rampaging zebra**** the Skins would be recognized for the quality outfit that they are.

Good question.

Chicago, dallas x2, Seattle, Denver, KC, Ny Giants x2, San Diego,Tampa Bay

We played these 10 games and all of these teams have winning records. Besides Sand Diego, they are all still in the playoff hunt. Sounds like a tough-ass schedule to me. I'm sure it's close.

don't know - but it sure POs me that we played most of the AFC teams on the road while the Gints got em at home.

dude, this is how the schedule (at least opponent wise) is made. you play six division games and 8 games against every team in a selected NFC and AFC division (4 each with 2 home games and two road games per division). Then you play the team that finished in the same spot in the remaining 2 NFC divisions for the remaining two games (one on the road one at home)

we played SD and Oakland at home and Denver and KC on the road; the Giants played KC and Denver at home and SD and Oakland (next Sunday) on the road.

They got an extra home game against the Saints. While home field matters, it's not like the Saints would have beat them in San Antonio while everything the team owns floats away into the gulf of mexico.

We should be more POed about getting screwed against our NFC south opponent - Tampa.

Strength of victory is the combined records of the teams you beat. The more teams with good records you beat, the higher your strength of victory.

So, what does losing to Norv get us in the "wimposity of defeat" stat? :)

(Sorry, but the thought's been occurring to me that if we'd beaten Norv, and Marty at home, then we'd have clinched the NFC East yesterday. Oh well, if wishes were . . . )

Archived